Reasons I'm pissed at this fantastic game

Express Yourself here.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Reasons I'm pissed at this fantastic game

Post by NoobKilla »

1. I just played a match and it was going amazingly, we were winning 9:6 and at the very last round 10 seconds from us winning the last one, THE GAME switched me to the other team!!!

2. It spawns me usually in front of the enemies.

3. When next round starts and I killed last enemy previously winning that round, it spawns all of the enemies around me immediately for the next round.

The game is awesome, but the above 3 really ruin all the fun and make me frustrated. What's your experience with this game, is it similar or is it just me this game is torturing?
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Reasons I'm pissed at this fantastic game

Post by Semisek48 »

Yea, the autobalance is controversial. I dont mind being switched to other team, bad is when the game is going like 7 - 0, and the balance is doing nothing. I guess it is because it is waiting for the good players to die so it can switch them, but they just dont want to die.

I guess spawning in front of the enemy happends when the small maps are overcrowded with players and than there is no help since teams are often split all around the map with no "safe" places where you could spawn.

But about the third point, most of the maps does have some safe places where players just cant spawn. You should use team overlay and always be prepared to run to such places when the round is about to end if you want to avoid getting killed by spawning enemy team.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

In my opinion, the balance is mainly created by the players and their form. I know practically everyone from the server and when I click on the table, I usually see equal teams. how the players play is the most important thing, not who you play with on the team. although it sometimes happens that teams are uneven, it is usually due to the lack of players, or when playing on a full server, when in fact autobalance will not work. I don't think there is a proper recipe for this. the ability to vote once per map, provided that one of the teams wins 4-0 (a prerequisite for voting) in order to mix players in teams for better balance. additionally, if such a thing is possible, it would be nice if the best players get relatively weaker players on the team
Camaradas Iks De
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@Semisek48
It didn't wait me to die, it just moved me out of the blue to other team 10s before match was over, that's simply rude.
What's a team overlay and how to use it?

@oKo*CTHULHU
Yes, fakjutu my friend.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 23:18 @Semisek48
It didn't wait me to die, it just moved me out of the blue to other team 10s before match was over, that's simply rude.
What's a team overlay and how to use it?

@oKo*CTHULHU
Yes, fakjutu my friend.
Used to happen to me allot , getting switched , especially leading at 9-5 and get switched lol, I am used to it now

However @admin isn't there a way to force the second top player from opposing team to be swapped if there team is already winning 4-0?
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

cg_drawTeamOverlay 1
will show you table with info about your team. Where are you teammates and how many HP they have. I think it also shows how many players is on the enemy team. Or may be you can see that even without it. Not sure now.
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

I have been switched teams 4/5 times in a game its one of those things but I can understand beeing switched from a winning team with a good score to a losing team !! But you get used to it after a while !!!
SS
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Semisek48 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:36 cg_drawTeamOverlay 1
will show you table with info about your team. Where are you teammates and how many HP they have. I think it also shows how many players is on the enemy team. Or may be you can see that even without it. Not sure now.
Lol if only they would use it...
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I'm making a suggestion, but personally I wouldn't do anything about it. Do you know how many times I lost because I was moved to the other team??? This is such a heavy topic that it's probably not worth discussing. I noticed that suicides ( in void ) sometimes provoke a transfer to the other team, but I don't know the conditions that must be met. I guess it will be better if it stays the way it is???
Camaradas Iks De
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@oKo*CTHULHU
I've noticed when I fall into void/lava by accident, and it happens because I'm not familiar with the area where the game spawned me, takes some time for me to figure it out, my score is -1.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

since you had 0 points and accidentally committed suicide, it is logical that you have -1 points. what did you mean?? that's how it is.
the game counts your every death, suicide, and your murders. This is normal.
Camaradas Iks De