don't ban ixsy

Cheaters Reports Discussion forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: ban ixsy

Post by adminless »

Liza wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35Overall, I did not find his performance dominating. Miroslav was not dominating either (out of shape). But having in mind that ixsy played 12 hours in a row, I would not consider his performance as a real indicator.
Plus, he has bad thaw skills, which will be a far less significant factor in 5*5 game.
I would not be so sure about Miroslav (just check screens) rather what I saw from a quick look at the yesterday stats was a Miroslav topping any performance metrics and setting new highs on the game while carrying his team to a stunning 10:5 victory as usual just on a casual warm up game without even have played this in years what this guy have played on days here and beating him on any synthetic performance stat metrics (even on accuracy and even on lightning gun accuracy) not even to mention the 11:1 difference on thaws and play style in what I would have called the event/performance of the day. other than that, yes agree, as I said, I obviously wasn't monitoring this for 12 hours straight but just from checking the server from time to time even before Miroslav shown I found various of the other top players giving him a hard time/topping him in a consistent basis. I mean, as we speak ouunp (newest team UnFreeZe member) leads him on direct exchanges (i.e. worst enemy) for example ;) that being said let's give credit when credit is due I rated him top 1/2 he came out number 3 after a never seen before activity bonus, I'd still regard whoami a much better and complete player synthetically/personally wise at that same play style (at other play styles I wouldn't even him consider him top) while playing from a usb attached 3g phone connection for example and I find him far from the player from a league of his own to boss the game as some randoms had sold it but nevertheless he is indeed a(nother) top player and dangerous opponent, as I noted, at least in this particular mode not to mention that someone as dedicated is never someone to take lightly.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-03-09 13-47-30.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-09 13-47-18.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-09 13-45-49.png
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

I can't understand the stat on screenshots. Miroslav has 32 kills + 11 thaws + 0 suicides. And a score of 46. Should be 43?
Ixsy has 22 kills + 1 thaw and a score of 27. Should be 23?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's a good point there, the answer to that is that the extra score are thaws/kills taken from unraked opponents (such as bots or unnameds) that are hidden from the rank/stats since as you can see you won't find any bots/unnameds at the charts/rating. you can see what's the overall influence of unraked opponents in someone's score/stats on their profile. for example as show on the screen 5.8% of ixsy total score/stats were taken from unranked opponents (eventual balance bots and/or unnameds) so that metric is relatively important to know how relevant the opponents of a ranked player (and therefor their stats) has been.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-03-09 15-25-40.png
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

Semisek48 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 17:49
Ca+hode wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 14:35 What recent events? quake gossip time
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=817
That guy is from Q3msk server who challenged us to a fight of the top 5 players from each side. That's all what I meant by "recent events" :D
They should just join the server. They can 5 v 5 all day and night. :twisted:
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

I always learn a lot about the game from this discussions.
Just one last note about this. It's not about his skills, I would never think that any of the top 100 regulars cheat. But in the last year that I played, I somethimes saw people haking like crazy for 1-2 days and disappeared. His gameplay gave me that vibe, that's all.

Also, after he appeared people started using the LG more often I feel. So he made a impact on the server. Cheers!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Ca+hode wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 15:51 I always learn a lot about the game from this discussions.
Just one last note about this. It's not about his skills, I would never think that any of the top 100 regulars cheat. But in the last year that I played, I somethimes saw people haking like crazy for 1-2 days and disappeared. His gameplay gave me that vibe, that's all.

Also, after he appeared people started using the LG more often I feel. So he made a impact on the server. Cheers!
I always use lg , fau motivate me by the time I am 70 I might learn to switch weapons quicker

However I think those other new dudes are with him as three of them appeared same time new names
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

alyeti wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 15:55
Ca+hode wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 15:51 I always learn a lot about the game from this discussions.

I always use lg , fau motivate me by the time I am 70 I might learn to switch weapons quicker

However I think those other new dudes are with him as three of them appeared same time new names
I use it to, but not more than rockets like our bro.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

adminless wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 14:42
Liza wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35Overall, I did not find his performance dominating. Miroslav was not dominating either (out of shape).
I would not be so sure about Miroslav (just check screens) rather what I saw from a quick look at the yesterday stats was a Miroslav topping any performance metrics and setting new highs on the game while carrying his team to a stunning 10:5 victory as usual just on a casual warm up game without even have played this in years what this guy have played on days here and beating him on any synthetic performance stat metrics (even on accuracy and even on lightning gun accuracy) not even to mention the 11:1 difference on thaws and play style in what I would have called the event/performance of the day.
@adminless your comments are music to my ears :-) :mrgreen: :angel:
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Someone told me good players plays based on railgun.
I prefer DRVOs philosophy... https://derpicdn.net/img/2016/9/21/1254952/large.png
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Weapon usage depends on your background. On unfreeze servers lg is heavily nerfed and even ammo is very limited off the spawn (I think if you hit 40% accuracy you have barely enough ammo to kill a single, freshly spawned player). People coming from osp/cpm/ql/qc need to learn all "holy trinity" quake weapons - you simply can't play well without using all of them in these games. I think on q3msk (vq3 hitboxes and lg damage combined with unlagged) lg is heavily overpowered so no wonder people use it a lot more then and are better at using this. On the other hand if you ever get a chance to watch qw player user railgun - it's hilarious.

And about stats - I take it with a grain of salt. This is public team game - there are some basic rules (don't steal thaws, don't shoot your teammates) but otherwise people play for their personal score, not for the team - it's more like ffa than a legit team game. Playing with strong and even teams may paint a very different picture where players weaker individually who have stronger teamplay come out on top, I've seen it many times.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

in fact having a second a look at the game posted just the single fact that the autobalance placed him along Miroslav tells you that the game didn't even recognize him as the single biggest threat teamplay wise but anyways on a normal/lighter tone the only real point I've been trying to make with all this is just that those guys/people shouldn't talk us down and pretty much take us for a bunch of idiots and noobs that know shit/look us down the way they do or simply put, respect.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Semisek48 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 16:43 Someone told me good players plays based on railgun.
I prefer DRVOs philosophy... https://derpicdn.net/img/2016/9/21/1254952/large.png
All this talk getting me fired up to LG you , on a map you don't know, no rail for you, and you have to play with broken mouse
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@fau yeah I know that's exactly one of the main goals with the UnFreeZe thing make a all weapons balanced (to the best of my ability) game not just make it all about a particular weapon. I think you got all that right, at least when it comes to the idea with UnFreeZe. in my opinion Quake III Arena is what it should be about, pulling great speeds strafing all over the map picking items and dispatching opponents/thawing mates (i.e. a fast paced fps) rather than warming up a red armor all day and sniping people from mars like if it were Call of Duty: the Black Ops II or just camping there doing probably not much frying bugs. for the rest I just answered it on previous message and what not I guess we will have to see if someday we will find it out then as sure I don't take them lightly, if not I wouldn't have annoyed you ;)
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

To be honest I don't consider lg balanced on unfreeze - most players can't use it and don't even bother to learn it, sg or plasma have more utility. By balanced I mean the idea that "holy trinity" of rl/lg/rg should be dominant weapons. But that's fine, I accept the way it is. Changing it would annoy a lot of players here, who tuned their playstyle and skills to these settings.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

fau wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 17:36 To be honest I don't consider lg balanced on unfreeze - most players can't use it and don't even bother to learn it, sg or plasma have more utility. By balanced I mean the idea that "holy trinity" of rl/lg/rg should be dominant weapons. But that's fine, I accept the way it is. Changing it would annoy a lot of players here, who tuned their playstyle and skills to these settings.
quite true

most ppl cant use LG properly and in many situations rocket (short) or rail (long distance) are the more obvious choices yet i use it more than the average i think. especially late in rounds or to pin someone to a wall or disturb people railing...

best regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:17, edited 1 time in total.