Glacius evenings - New Start

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Glacius evenings - New Start

Post by 9ll Belarus »

I am there ! ☺ Thanks
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

I like edge from q2

With deadpool!
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Can you add this edge map to main server?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

not gonna happen sorry, you'll have to wait for another glacius meeting to play that map here.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Man I'm so upset - could not join cause of stupid work!! :thumbdown:

I saw on the master page there were eight players at some point, damn.

Hope there is a next time that I can make :cry:

Hope you guys had fun.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Liza wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 16:16 Dear adminless,
We didn't meet the criteria on the interest. Pls, comment whether Glacius mappack is available today (or not). So that people connect or not.
Thanks
As mentioned not many players frequent here are even registered here so wouldn't know
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just for reference glacius attendance was far from "stellar". overall it moved around 6/8 players games which is what spacius easily do on a daily basis without any need to trouble people with schedules and even despite all those efforts, once again, it (glacius) got greatly outshone by spacius as can be seen on the attached screen of the games log of the glacius stats site (notice how on q3dm9, spacius switch, the load jumped to 17 players, virtually full server btw, and kept that load for about a hour even despite it was almost bed time, sure, as usual, just yet another "coincidence" more, right? we all know it's not). furthermore out of all the people that showed almost half of them are the already regulars of spacius (spacius already do have a population even despite its low lifetime so far) that mostly showed because of spacius and wasn't even that pleased by glacius. not trying to be that guy yet once again, just stating the facts in a effort to clear up the glacius/spacius controversie. so sure given there's still some interested I'll can set another glacius meetings (hopefully there was no issues whatsoever and everything worked) from time to time (let's say weekly/every other week), no big deal, but for other than that it doesn't matter how you look at it, it was the right move to replace glacius with spacius and I won't change it back.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-01-07 14-38-00.png
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Yep, pretty well proven point at this point for sure.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Admin

Your just one hardcore dude and says how it is lol
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Hi!
First of all, many thanks to adminless for making glacius evening happen. The technical side worked perfectly.

I expexted 2-3 players per game more. A little bit upset about that. However, 2/3 of players on the server did not know about the glacius evening even though from time to time I tried to promote it in the chat during the games.
As for organizing the next event I'm not ready to do this on a weekly basis. Maybe once in 3 weeks.

I have some ideas regarding the maps, but i need time to think about them to make them more concrete.

P.S. It is obvious that Spacius is a better server version. The jump to 17 on q3dm9 was because 2 main servers were full (or q3dm14 was played, some players do not like it).
madness
User lv2
User lv2

Post by madness »

well i love the old q2 map, cant we switch one of the training servers to glacius maps ? there are allmost never peeps on those 2 thx for the event suggestion liza.. i didn't know of it .... just randomly saw it there.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@liza sure no problem, I mean, feel free to pace you as you see fit. as I said, I'll follow this (as everything else) and I'll set the server at the specified time that comes out here, if and when it comes out, I mean.

@madness if you mean running ospdm1 (or any other custom map there) on the training2 server "as-is" for example, yes, I think that can be done at some point given there's enough interest and so of course. if you mean deploy the whole glacius thing there then, I don't see it happening for several reasons. first of all the training servers don't quite match the quality standard of the other ones (they are "lesser" training servers for a reason after all) and also I don't feel like spamming yet another freeze server for no good reason (i.e. just because/just in case).
Bl!nd
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Bl!nd »

I think the main problem is that people dont have these maps, cant download them ingame and dont know about the forum. Only a few of them would ask about it on main servers. Until this problem is solved, glacius is doomed. Although i dont have any idea what we can do.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

Bl!nd wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:10I think the main problem is that people dont have these maps, cant download them ingame and dont know about the forum. Only a few of them would ask about it on main servers. Until this problem is solved, glacius is doomed. Although i dont have any idea what we can do.
that's the core of the issue of why glacius would never be a mainstream server like the other ones but despite that there's more than just that to why is that death. this has been discussed with no end already, the reality is the official package (which as we know comes with everything) averages like 1-2 downloads per day and it's been so for months already thus there's definitively a fair amount of people that do have the maps (likely at this time a plus hundred regular players) yet as you can see every time glacius show up no significant amount of people give a shit about it. just putting the blame for that on the map publishing doesn't really seem accurate/fair to me.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

When playing such old games I always have a feeling that ppl who wanted new maps, gameplay changes - any changes at all moved on to newer games long time ago. Players who remain are very conservative in this regard.