Miroslav vs .WhoAmI?! superfight showdown

classic Quake III Arena master duels tournaments forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Miroslav vs .WhoAmI?! superfight showdown

Post by adminless »

btw if we're going to make this tomorrow evening/night, we should have set it already. it's mandatory rule to set the matches, both date as well as map picks, at least 24 hours in advance, so what are you going to do tomorrow? if you're just not interested in playing this or you simply can not play tomorrow, I understand but I personally don't see any technical issue that prevent you from playing this. I mean, you have been pretty much consistently dominating the rank at the UnFreeZe server for weeks straight already and playing almost whole evenings, that your connection/computer/setup isn't perfect? well, that's just like everyone else but it definitively looks more than realistic good enough to go for this match.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

@adminless
I just want to play on a new computer. Maybe this will fix my problem with these mini lags. Maybe you would know the reason for mini lags?

As for maps:

pro-q3dm6
pro-q3tourney2

If you want Blood Run it could be instead of pro-q3tourney2

P.S. I wrote that I can't play on weekends when I'm at university.
On weekdays from 17, usually to 21 I can. I just want to play next week because I will probably have a new computer and monitor and I will do new cfg. Perhaps on new equipment I will not have these lags. Also this is just my suggestion. Next week. Then we can set a rematch, etc.
I think that it is not so urgent that it does not wait for these few days :)

P.S. Is there information on how the ELO ranking works?
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

do we want to play tonight? i dont practise/ play q3 or any other game at the moment anyways so i am not in shape anyways. the next 24hours wont help also :-D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@.WTF!Wrong! well it's not "urgent" but like I said, it gets really annoying and tiring for everybody having to be arranging dates/schedules for weeks, it doesn't even look serious. but well, anyways, one more week seems like a reasonable request so ok then we'll set this for some day still to determine the next week around 20:00 more or less. I was expecting you to pick something more exotic but perfect no problem then we will do hub3aeroq3, pro-q3dm6, pro-q3tourney2, hub3tourney1 and pukka3tourney2. as you picked something more classic if you want I could probably also make the tie-breaker ztn3tourney1 if you both prefer it? let me know, if you both have some common preference for the tie-breaker too.

as for the ranks, the UnFreeZe one is explained here (what can be publicly discussed) and the rank for this "event" matches is pretty much described on the attached file of the rank itself (here), that's the FIFA ranking formula.

@miro haha no, apparently we won't by now hehe we'll have to check this again next week.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

any update?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well, we're still waiting to hear from .WhoAmI?! if he finally goes for this this week as he said. initially I would like to make it the Thursday 24 of October at 19:30, I don't know if that time would suit you? let me know. anyways whatever the case is, if by the Friday 25 of October he hasn't pinged/committed to a particular given date this unfortunately will have to be cancelled and he won't be scheduled to participate in any other kind of organized fight anymore. so we'll see, sorry for the inconvenience mate.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

id be fine with thursday ans i wait for his response
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok great, then I'll PM him here now reminding him about this and we'll see if he answers within the next days. if not like I've just said, if we don't arrange this around this week, as he said he was going to btw, I'm not gonna waste anyone else time any more re-scheduling this for no reason, he will get out from this. yes, I think the Thursday is a good date so he will have some more time to prepare I guess and also I think that the time is ok. I believe that playing much later than 20:00 can hinder players performance due day tiredness, peak performance is probably somewhere between 17:30 and 20:00 I guess. btw that I didn't even manage to mention about it yet around here on last maintenance tasks I finally brought a ipv6 route for the tournaments server, 2001:41d0:401:3100::13c5, may be it interests you to check it out.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

ok cool

for some reason that ipv does not work

i used: +net_enabled 7 +net_restart +connect -6 2001:41d0:401:3100::13c5

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmm "ping -6 masters.unfreeze.xyz" (yes it does already have a dns hehe) from windows cmd works? remember that original quake3 doesn't have ipv6 support, you're likely going to need a ioquake3 mod for that.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

as you can see it works :-D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, working now :)
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Yes, I can play. I couldn't buy a new PC this week. The graphics card is difficult to access and I have to wait up to 5-6 weeks.
MSI Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO 8GB GDDR6. It's hard to get her. I'm in a long queue. Next time, I'll play on the new PC + monitor. For now, somehow I'll try the advice on current equipment. I may experience freezing of the Internet or freezing of the computer. I won't do anything about it.
I have a new router and a new antenna. I formatted the computer. Nothing helped. I still have mini lags.
Only now I noticed the post. I have not been active last days

So at 19:30 where should I go? On the unfreeze?
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

when? tomorrow?

best,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I was talking about tomorrow 19:30 but if you're both online and want, we could as well make it now/later. I'll pm you the instructions now so let me know if wanna go in server. btw .WhoAmI?! I guess that you don't need me to remind you that on event matches you have right to two 1 minute technical timeouts per map, right?