100%
no please, this guy is a pain
No votes

Total votes: 6

NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Re: reDIRKulous faking ;-)

Post by NoobKilla »

RH wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 20:17 The only thing that might help is playing on a lower fov as it makes aiming easier, but anyone can do that.
Makes no sense, playing on lower fov as you can't see enemies around, so that's just ridiculous.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I play on fov 120 and 130. It depends on the maps, etc. I just use zoom for LG. So both can be combined.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

That is the fov I play on too, Miroslav's autoexec.cfg fov was too low for me, it was 110, 90 and 55. Ok when you zoom in to go even 50, but to play on low fov is just ridiculous as you can't see anything around, you're focused on what's immediately in front of you.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

120 is the best. Neutral in my opinion. This also depends on the monitor. When I had a 21-inch monitor, I used a 110. It was somehow comfortable for me. Now I have a 27 inch monitor, so I use 120-130. If I need to kill someone from LG, I turn on zoom 70.
RH
User lv4
User lv4

Post by RH »

Anyone who says 120 fov is good has no idea what they are talking about. Don't use over 110 if you want to actually be good. 100 is ideal.

High fov is for people who like to miss and feel like they are going fast.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I'm not trying to be a smartarse here, but there's a zoom function implemented in the game. I had best results, 30+ score per match when my fov was 140 and zoom 50-60. Every time I had to focus on someone or fire I'd press zoom and it was pretty accurate. I know I'm noob compared to all of you, but have to say that you simply provide the worst possible advice.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

RH wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:03 Anyone who says 120 fov is good has no idea what they are talking about. Don't use over 110 if you want to actually be good. 100 is ideal.

High fov is for people who like to miss and feel like they are going fast.
Fov above 120 is a distortion of the game. opponents standing in corners can already be seen at fov 100, 105 and there is no need for a higher one. I know because I played on fov 107. I think I currently have 117 (or 113) and everything is the same, except for a greater distortion of visibility on the screen. fov is also the only thing that distinguishes q3 from QL, higher fov is an artificial impression of speeding up the game. logically speaking, the lower the fov, the greater the aiming accuracy. unless you have a super large 70-inch widescreen screen, then maybe a higher fov would make some difference.
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

NoobKilla wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 14:36 I'm not trying to be a smartarse here, but there's a zoom function implemented in the game. I had best results, 30+ score per match when my fov was 140 and zoom 50-60. Every time I had to focus on someone or fire I'd press zoom and it was pretty accurate. I know I'm noob compared to all of you, but have to say that you simply provide the worst possible advice.
try fov 115 first and you should be slightly more accurate in aiming. You reduce things such as fov and sensitivity gradually, so you can feel the moment when you stop your settings and do nothing else. depending on what you want to achieve. remember not to overdo it. zoomfov 50 is probably my setting, its nice value. comfortable ))
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Fov 15-115 is good

Plus all you bitchEZ don't mention everyone has different eyesight

And miroslap can't see shit unless he zooms fov 30 lol
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Miroslav's default are 110 normal, 90 zoom1 and 55 zoom2 as far as I remember. I'm blind as Miroslav, my left eye is +6 and right one (the "healthy" one) is +2.5, but I'm wearing +2 at the moment because the doc is experiment on me to see what will happen with the other one, which should be +8. Also, as you can see it on my profile photo my eyes are not centered, they're not that extreme, but are looking at different directions which is why I get double vision sometimes, and headaches too. BTW, I was born this way.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

"For games that use horizontal FOV, there's actually a very reliable math expression that can tell you what FOV you should be using.
Do not use this formula if the game uses vertical FOV.

Some variables:
DF = The game's default FOV
DR = The game's default aspect ratio (either 1.33 or 1.78)
NR = Your target aspect ratio (1.6, 1.78, 2.33, etc.)

The expression is:
2*atan((NR)/(DR) * tan(DF/2))

Don't let radians trip you up. Everything needs to be done in degrees.
Google friendly version:
2*atan((NR)/(DR) * tan(DF/2 degrees)) in degrees
So for instance, let's say the default FOV is 90, the default aspect ratio is 1.33, and you want it to look good on a 21:9 monitor. You would plug in the variables, and your google friendly formula becomes this:
2*atan((21/9)/(4/3) * tan(90/2 degrees)) in degrees

Paste that into Google, and it will tell you to increase it to about 120.5.
Or if you just want 16:9, paste this instead:
2*atan((16/9)/(4/3) * tan(90/2 degrees)) in degrees
And Google will tell you to use about 106."

https://www.treq-sim.com/2022/05/03/how ... rrect-fov/
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

NoobKilla wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 18:06 Miroslav's default are 110 normal, 90 zoom1 and 55 zoom2 as far as I remember. I'm blind as Miroslav, my left eye is +6 and right one (the "healthy" one) is +2.5, but I'm wearing +2 at the moment because the doc is experiment on me to see what will happen with the other one, which should be +8. Also, as you can see it on my profile photo my eyes are not centered, they're not that extreme, but are looking at different directions which is why I get double vision sometimes, and headaches too. BTW, I was born this way.
I think your doctor's name is Mengele. don't listen to the doctor, set the fov to 110 - 115 and start playing a little better.
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 18:06 Miroslav's default are 110 normal, 90 zoom1 and 55 zoom2 as far as I remember. I'm blind as Miroslav, my left eye is +6 and right one (the "healthy" one) is +2.5, but I'm wearing +2 at the moment because the doc is experiment on me to see what will happen with the other one, which should be +8. Also, as you can see it on my profile photo my eyes are not centered, they're not that extreme, but are looking at different directions which is why I get double vision sometimes, and headaches too. BTW, I was born this way.
Cmon man you need to improve those stats and set fov to 10
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

PacMan wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 19:42
Cmon man you need to improve those stats and set fov to 10
there are three types of lies. first, it's just a lie. the second one is a perfect lie and the third one is a statistic
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

as usual lisa answer is the real technical explanation you should account for "proper" fov calculation that depends in the aspect ratio. the human way to "calculate" that without doing the actual math is just looking at geometry deformation (i.e. bent lines, ellipses instead of circles, rectangles instead of squares etc etc) for your current settings and then adjust until there's none/feels right for your actual perception (i.e. nice straight and proportional doors, proper angles in arcs etc etc).