UnFreeZe VS q3msk [TOP 5 players match]

Team UnFreeZe mega events history - Diamond Clan undisputed champions
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe VS q3msk [TOP 5 players match]

Post by fau »

I can play, but Agi and others have good point that there are many active players who should be considered. I think I've never had a score higher than 1800-something on the leaderboard so there are many players who have better claim than me. How about we have a practice session to play some 5v5s with comms and we can see how it goes and who does best in such setting? In the end it's up to you adminless anyway, captain is responsible for selecting the team.

But is it even on yet? Have you heard from these guys? Where would we play? Some games here and some over there?
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

fau wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 15:49 I can play, but Agi and others have good point that there are many active players who should be considered. I think I've never had a score higher than 1800-something on the leaderboard so there are many players who have better claim than me. How about we have a practice session to play some 5v5s with comms and we can see how it goes and who does best in such setting? In the end it's up to you adminless anyway, captain is responsible for selecting the team.

But is it even on yet? Have you heard from these guys? Where would we play? Some games here and some over there?
im uncertain how active u r since i havent been in the past but im sure that u should be part of the group

if i had to pick i would pick u and newb.zi tar + facehugger for sure ;-)

best,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@fau awesome news, I'm glad to hear you're also wiling to join us so welcome onboard too. great I think your addition completes the core of the UnFreeZe team so seems to me that all that is missing then is wait for the undead answer and a fifth member, probably ideally klar in my opinion.

other than that in line with miro answer I think you're largely underestimating you, I currently rank you player number 2 of this community. I mean, miro rank/strength was so high that I had to adjust the whole rank formula/server settings just so the numbers made any sense. ok, you gave the guy a close fight (it was 3-1 but a 3-2 would have also been a fairly feasible outcome), yes I know that was a duel not a team fight (for the record playing duels, specially at that server/ruleset, takes a much higher level of skill than a UnFreeZe fight) but nevertheless that's gotta mean something. that's definitively not a coincidence or something to be overlooked I mean.

as for who those guys are or where they come from, I don't know and, quite frankly, I don't even care. all I know is that apparently just some dude from another community reached the UnFreeZe discord admin (our dear member kotovski) calling out the top five players on this community to a UnFreeZe fight. so all that matters to me is just assemble such a team, other than that, I have no worries whatsoever, I'm quite certain that regardless of who those guys are and of the outcome a team of at least miroslav, fau, aimer and two other top contenders (ideally the undead and klar probably) will pull off a remarkable strong performance without any kind of regrets whatsoever.

as for the rules and all that, well, I guess we (i.e. me as the representative) will have to negotiate them but considering they are the ones calling us out and hence the ones looking forward prove a point (not the other way around) I don't think they are in a position as to come up with demands so they are likely going to have to agree the rules here in one way or another. initially the plan is have a team fight on the private server I have setup for team fights here at fpsclasico and likely play best of three there. anyways, as I said until they don't show up here (if they do) be it, so far the stage of the plan on going is getting the team assembled.

so yeah a private fight before the fight (I repeat once again, once they showed and we closed the details) I think it can be a good idea both as rehearsal as even as to select the fifth member or some substitute/s just in case some last minute issue. though as I said, overall my feelings are that a miro, fau, aimer, the undead, klar team (or similar) would have no rival here so probably a good format for such training fight would be to assemble such team on one side against whoever shows up/want and we'll see how it turns out. anyways, as usual we'll talk, so far, please be welcome to team UnFreeZe for this fight.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

fau wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 15:49 I can play, but Agi and others have good point that there are many active players who should be considered. I think I've never had a score higher than 1800-something on the leaderboard so there are many players who have better claim than me. How about we have a practice session to play some 5v5s with comms and we can see how it goes and who does best in such setting? In the end it's up to you adminless anyway, captain is responsible for selecting the team.

I would pick u

Miro front
Fau left flank
Ami right flank
Koto feeding me popcorn at the rear
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

alyeti wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 17:04 Miro front
Fau left flank
Ami right flank
At the rear - u mean at your pac-assss? ;)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

...jutuli... wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 17:47
alyeti wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 17:04 Miro front
Fau left flank
Ami right flank
At the rear - u mean at your pac-assss? ;)
That will do lol , you can feed me popcorn to
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

Hey mates, hey adminless, thank you for the invitation (sorry didn't found the button to reply you directly)
Why not saving unfreeze honor, so yup! I will try to be in :)
will it be this Sunday at 18 CET ? I think 19 CET will be a bit better for me if possible (there is lockdown in France at 18 CET each days for now)
The only issue is that I hope I will finish my new computer at time, currently making some streaming to helping promote unfreeze fpsclasico servers :) (for exemple:

currently I can stream at 30fps, but with my future Ryzen 5 I hope to stream at 60fps in 1080p instead of 720p at 30fps for now).
I stay you guys tuned if its done officially, I will also have to reflash Windows 10 and set everything back.
'laters ;) and thanks again!
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

Semisek48 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 16:58Gilet Jaune
sorry, another random alias from me in the past :lol:
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

The Undead wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 23:54 sorry, another random alias from me in the past :lol:
:D A man of many names.

Cool stream.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

The Undead wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 23:54
Semisek48 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 16:58Gilet Jaune
sorry, another random alias from me in the past :lol:
Lol I remember that
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@the undead that's great welcome on team UnFreeZe too. I know forgot to mention but as usual forum PM's are disabled until user level four for "security" reasons (i.e. spam/scams and similar). awesome then I think this should complete the team, I'll try to get in touch with klar later and we'll see if we complete the team but pretty much this should complete this phase of the plan. I don't think it should be a major issue to get a competitive fifth member. btw any popular vote/request for the fifth member and/or potential substitutes? for the rest as I said unfortunately I guess that we'll still have to wait for the enemy team to show up here to close the fight (i.e. a date), if they do. in the meantime I think that may be we can discuss about that rehearsal session here so those members that didn't make it to the team and want to prove themselves have a chance to do so. I think it can also be a good and fun idea so that way at least I won't wasted your time in case the enemy team flakes. additionally what maps would like team UnFreeZe for home picks? please (miro, fau, aimer, the undead) name your three top picks for team fights here and I'll try to set home maps to those who received more votes. initially I was thinking about pro-q3dm6/q3dm7 or something like that for team UnFreeZe picks but let me know.

@kotovski do we know something about the enemy team and that chapo challenger guy? did he/they answered or something? as you can see we're pretty much ready but unfortunately the enemy team is nowhere to be seen so far so I'd appreciate if you could get in touch with him/them. btw I looked up the history now and apparently by that nick and from that location we have this guy here that apparently uses to browse the master monitor and the config guides here but not really the forum itself so far. I sincerely hope that's not really the challenger, or at least that he has some seriously strong pals, as apparently he doesn't look to me nowhere near the level, not even close, as to challenge the top 5 guys on this community just like that. anyways, as usual we'll see, in the meantime it would be great if some of you come across that guy and ask him if that's the same dude that challenge us on discord and if so that he joins here to settle this.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, (virtually) confirmed after further investigation this is what I found:

and 4:20|chapo coincides with some of the "competitive" nicks of that guy here. man, if these are the "champs" of the other q3 communities all I can say is what a joke and what a waste of our time. as I said, I don't know if I'm missing something or if it's just a smoke screen to lure us as to catch us off guard so we underestimate them and they indeed have other very strong pals to come full force at us (I really, really hope they do after all this mess) but so far I highly doubt those guys there could top any average UnFreeZe team here, let alone the top 5. I mean, if these folks think that just by reading the game guides here they are "ready" to beat the guys that actually wrote them instead, all I can say is, laughable. this is exactly why I'm not available at any other platforms as pretty much "anybody" can come up with any random shit and there's really no control whatsoever.

anyways, it's what it's, I guess that sometimes you also have to play (perceived) lesser opponents to get the spotlight too then if they finally show up I think that after we assembled the team we'll just go for it anyways. at least it should serve us as a good experience in case some serious challenger shows up one day calling the whole community. something given the popularity of this, I wouldn't discard at all, so better start taking preparations in case that day comes. ok, so given the situation I think I'm gonna put the search for the fifth member on hold at least until we don't clear up this further as it looks unnecessary to me to get anymore people involved at the time being. besides from what I saw apparently these folks play 3vs3, what's the point in them calling a 5vs5 now?! wtf?! so I guess that probably a 4vs4 seems more realistic to me at the moment.

anyways as usual we'll see, thank you everybody for their interest and I'll keep you updated with any further intel I can gather, by now this is all.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

what a shame. i already put "practise q3" and "fix gaming mouse" on my todo list :-D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

same here I'm really furious now to be honest. honestly I kinda know at least part of that community as that community is basically a rip-off of this that just kicked off some years ago after mostly the hundred/s of guys that got banned/chat banned here so I was really expecting quite something on a competitive level at least not a bunch of fucking teamshooter ra campers/spammers throwing a bluff. anyways make sure I'll get in touch with these folks to settle this in one way or another.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

if i look at how they play...defensively and camping thats actually competetive but they dont look very skilled aimwise...really odd O.O