UnFreeZe Community Game January 2024

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe Community Game January 2024

Post by adminless »

great news, then if I haven't missed anything we have 17 people in already (mwhq3, orgi, glad, tuby, masin, inifinity, edversion, pks, redrum, cth, franni, maczus, ribx, lisa, me, iron, angel) and two potential reserves/spectators (uzu, pacman) for this Sunday 28 21:00 CET night that from what I see so far it's probably the best option and what probably works for the people. that means that now we're probably almost all set and probably this afternoon or so I'll post here some small teams draft to get started. if more people would finally join then it would have to be sorted in some way and/or turned into something else (i.e. various separated events or even a mixed tournament). awesome, somebody else interested? for the regular initially planned event there's probably now still one spot left.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

Great, Sunday, 28.1. 21:00 CET works for me!
ang3lfish
User lv3
User lv3

Post by ang3lfish »

the date is good for me too
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news sorry for the delay with the teams hehe but I updated my computer and I've been stress testing it these days to make sure that it doesn't crash/hang later on when it's really needed. ok, I'm calculating the teams now and I guess that given we're at Friday already I'll just send the PM for that later this afternoon. btw we have 17 people noted and 2 spectators/backups, I think that given the case it would be great to have one more player to complete the entire card, any volunteers?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, finally card for this sent now to everyone involved (I hope, if I missed someone and/or anything just let me know) so check it out. for reference here it's as well in public:
  • event: UnFreeZe Community January 2024 Game
  • date: Sunday 28 of January of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
  • teams:
    • red team: inifinity, orgi, mwhq3, ribx, maczus, tuby, lisa, redrum
    • blue team: iron, angel, pks, cth, glad, masin, edversion, franni
    • spectators/backups/changes: me, pacman, uzu
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27968 or fpsclasico.de:27968
  • gtv: fpsclasico.eu:27969
  • maps: ospdm1 , qfraggel2a , ospdm6 , phantq3dm3_rev , cpm4a
  • format: five UnFreeZe community games with changes/rotation and spectators
as said I think that given the case it would be great to have a player number twenty to max out the event so if someone is interested/available just let me know in the next days to add him and that should be it. I assume the date should work from what I heard, in case it's not let me know as well to adjust the teams accordingly or in case it would be a generalized thing to reschedule this for the next week (which I assume it's unnecessary so far). pacman/uzu are just potential participants hence why they are on the initial spectators team and to make the teams even me will start as well in spec as it was what gave the best balance as he had no competitive record so far. needless to say any spectator will team up in following games as the situation calls for it so everyone will participate.

and I think that should be it by now so have fun and see you the Sunday in-game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just as a reminder for those involved do not forget that this night 21:00 CET this exciting January 2024 community game will take place so make sure to warm up along the day and show up. I'll be waiting for all you there, have fun.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey guys graphic card just broke down from all the stress testing, I think that you can start without me. will try to fix it in the way there. sorry.
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Post by Bishop »

I arrived /late/ in regards to registration, because I did not really plan to partake. It was a nice gathering, and kudos to adminless for organizing. ggs
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe as said in-game I invited you last minute today assuming we were going to be 17 so as to make the teams even and nobody had to miss any games. unfortunately it wasn't the case and ribx missed instead. anyways as you could see you were welcome that there was people that missed games later on all the same. well played though you totally turned around the balance which just come to show how difficult it's to balance this even at this big of games. I guess I'll compute it now but may be you even came as mvp of the event out of the blue. ggs and thanks everyone for participate. stats and videos coming now/tomorrow as usual so stay tuned.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 22:51 hehe as said in-game I invited you last minute today assuming we were going to be 17 so as to make the teams even and nobody had to miss any games. unfortunately it wasn't the case and ribx missed instead. anyways as you could see you were welcome that there was people that missed games later on all the same. well played though you totally turned around the balance which just come to show how difficult it's to balance this even at this big of games. I guess I'll compute it now but may be you even came as mvp of the event out of the blue. ggs and thanks everyone to participate. stats and videos coming now/tomorrow as usual so stay tuned.
Sorry I couldn't make it again , evenings very difficult at moment , hope to one day again

Thanks for organizing
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok I'll post this properly tomorrow along with the videos as usual but so far here are the stats of the night for revision:

Code: Select all

+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+--------+------+--------+-------+--------+-------+------+
| team | rnd  | scr  | klls | thws | self | dths | s/d  | k/d  | t/d  | given  | self | taken  | eff   | tkn/d  | acc   | def  |
+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+--------+------+--------+-------+--------+-------+------+
| red  |   45 |  788 |  573 |  216 |    1 |  587 | 1.34 | 0.98 | 0.37 | 188413 |  345 | 189902 | 49.80 | 323.51 | 27.18 |   55 |
| blue |   41 |  761 |  586 |  181 |    6 |  579 | 1.31 | 1.01 | 0.31 | 189557 |  745 | 189158 | 50.05 | 326.70 | 30.93 |   43 |
I was taking a look at them now and wow despite all the technical issues on my end (hopefully I had left everything all set and even deployed a backup system just to be safe) it ended up being a lot more competitive than anticipated and more balanced (overall) than it initial seemed in-game. again it just come to show once again how close it really is at this level and how it really just come to the details to make a difference. overall great games and looking forward review them tomorrow once they are done. in the individual side the stats return this instead:

Code: Select all

+------------------+-------+-------+-------+----------+--------+------+-------+
| player           | score | kills | thaws | suicides | deaths | eff  | games |
| -=ASS=-ang3lfish |   140 |   110 |    30 |        0 |     72 | 1.94 |     5 |
| -=ASS=-Infin!ty  |   124 |    94 |    30 |        0 |     66 | 1.88 |     5 |
| [ILM]ironmonkey  |   117 |    93 |    25 |        1 |     86 | 1.36 |     5 |
| [ILM]ORGI69      |   108 |    77 |    32 |        1 |     72 | 1.50 |     5 |
| MyWifeHatesQ3    |   103 |    70 |    33 |        0 |     82 | 1.26 |     5 |
| *DT*Edversion    |   102 |    79 |    23 |        0 |     75 | 1.36 |     5 |
| bishop           |   101 |    77 |    24 |        0 |     34 | 2.97 |     3 |
| pks              |   100 |    77 |    24 |        1 |     79 | 1.27 |     5 |
| *DT*Tubylec      |    98 |    73 |    25 |        0 |     72 | 1.36 |     5 |
| *DT*GLADIAT0R    |    92 |    67 |    25 |        0 |     63 | 1.46 |     5 |
| LisaTheAnn       |    88 |    67 |    21 |        0 |     90 | 0.98 |     5 |
| oKo*cTh          |    84 |    67 |    19 |        2 |     44 | 1.91 |     3 |
| *DT*REDRUM       |    81 |    54 |    27 |        0 |     85 | 0.95 |     5 |
| *DT*Franni       |    67 |    46 |    22 |        1 |     76 | 0.88 |     5 |
| *DT*OfC-maczus   |    52 |    41 |    12 |        1 |     59 | 0.88 |     4 |
| .WTF!me?!        |    52 |    33 |    19 |        0 |     60 | 0.87 |     3 |
| >!<FraG_MasiN?   |    40 |    34 |     6 |        0 |     51 | 0.78 |     3 |
so angel goes as mvp of the event with some solid 140 points having played all five games and completed the entire event although, that said, bishop clearly goes as the best player of the night and by a big margin with a 33.67 points per game average and some astonishing 2.97 points per death (aka efficiency) topping the likes of pretty much everyone either in as well as off game and being a game deciding player. terrific performance and well played everyone, overall a great event, thanks for participate and then now looking forward another February event of some sort to warm up for some potential small UnFreeZe tournament in the spring so stay tuned.
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

Hey, sorry for not showing yesterday but i asn't able to get some spare time.
I'm glad to see that the event could happen and I hope i'll be able to participate in a future one
cheers
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Post by Bishop »

It was quite difficult to balance by estimation alone. I was considering proposing some changes, but it seemed a bit impractical and prolly not desired from someone who appeared out of nowhere xD. I would roughly know how to suggest based on what I've seen in the game. Others too, likely. And yeah, I wasn't really concentrated, as I was multitasking and getting ready for monday haha. Plus I need to fix my q3 cfg one day.
ang3lfish
User lv3
User lv3

Post by ang3lfish »

thank you very much for the organization and everyone for participating, I felt good, but by the last game my concentration was very poor.

Bishop beat us to the punch. WP :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok videos on its way to YouTube now that it took them a bit more time than usual to produce since it was a long and good event. yes, great games I think that it worked even better than expected and all games played exceptional for the kind of event. specially qfraggel2a I think that it was really good and probably the best of the night. yes, probably the last one (cpm4a) was a bit more casual but that was expected and it was good to also play something else a little more different in this setting. I know, clearly the card I had computed it was different and that showed in the opening game but, anyways, given the case as can be seen in the stats I think that it was fairly/realistically balanced overall. in this kind of games there's always going to be changes (i.e. someone that misses, someone that arrives late/leaves early etc etc) like that and it's just the way it's so there's really no much else you can do about it. awesome then I think that with this now completes this event, thank you everybody for participate and catch you in the next one hopefully this coming February month.

@pacman and uzu thanks for the input, don't stress about that, it's all good neither of you had confirmed so you were just noted as spectators/backups as can be seen in the card so it's no problem. it's not like I was upending the entire event to you both, I was counting with that. it was different ribx that was in but didn't show and it's just not the first time he does the same thing, which is not cool. as said, I ended up personally inviting bishop last minute because he (ribx) was expected to show up so then nobody would have to miss any games but finally if it wouldn't have been for the usual drops here and there he (bishop) wouldn't have finally participated which is not cool so in that sense I want to thank everyone once again for participating and most importantly for showing up and playing it in full.