screen, mouse and equipment thread

talk in your native language here.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Q3 physics: pmove_fixed & pmove_msec

Post by adminless »

ah ok cool that's great then thanks for testing it and report, time to move on then, let's see if by this week I make one of those usual announcements about it (once more finished), a proper post and those kind of things etc etc. and yeah sure as always do as you please.

btw also let's split this topic soon as it diverge enormously from the original thread, from what I read I also believe (from a technical point, you know I'm not gonna tell a player how to play, it would be stupid of me) that high dpis are "garbage" (typically simply commercial catches to sell products to unadvertised people and make some extra easy money) as most of the time dpis above 3200 or so are just escalated by software (at the driver level by interpolations) instead of native (i.e. hardware) resolutions of the sensor. to put this in a graphical example the difference is the same as when you take a picture with a digital camera with a proper optical zoom lens or just with the software zoom of your phone, both amplify the same (giving the same ratios of course) yet one is sharp and clear and the other is full of noise, happens the same to the signal of the mouse when operating at non native modes.

to my taste (and my use mostly check boxes) I don't go for any other thing beside laser sensors and 1000/1200 dpis.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

btw also let's split this topic soon as it diverge enormously from the original thread, from what I read I also believe (from a technical point, you know I'm not gonna tell a player how to play, it would be stupid of me) that high dpis are "garbage" (typically simply commercial catches to sell products to unadvertised people and make some extra easy money) as most of the time dpis above 3200 or so are just escalated by software (at the driver level by interpolations) instead of native (i.e. hardware) resolutions of the sensor. to put this in a graphical example the difference is the same as when you take a picture with a digital camera with a proper optical zoom lens or just with the software zoom of your phone, both amplify the same (giving the same ratios of course) yet one is sharp and clear and the other is full of noise, happens the same to signal of the mouse when operating at non native modes.
Indeed:

Even though the 12.000 DPI from the G502 are native, it is not of much use as every little blood pressure or muscle streak is captured by the sensor and therefore your cursor/crosshair is constantly moving/trashing around.
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: screen, mouse and equipment thread

Post by adminless »

hehe interesting lecture, that's a good explanation of what I was trying to say and btw I also hate the six point (that pixel walk) and second one (that's what I understand for a "death zone"), those are the worst for me, in my experience, I found out that that's the biggest difference in response between average optical sensors and laser ones and why I have been consistently picking up laser mouses. good post.

btw finished spliting the topics, I hope I didn't trash anything hehe

PS: and yeah 12000 dpi is what is typically called a "bullet" xD and yes it's very very very rare to see such a native resolution in fact is rare to see native resolutions beyond 1600/1800 dpis which is at what i was referring me mostly. for the records razers also have a good name though I don't personally know if they worth the price (I mean definitively not for me, that's for sure).
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

tar wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 23:20
fernandinho1337 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 21:44i tested it on unfreeze2. wont use it because i love my 125fps but works well without issues. good job! :-D
On UnFreeZe2 everything is fine, yea.

On UnFreeZe1 rocket jumps are failing way more often and the movement in general is somehow not reacting like it should.

I guess, the reason is the overall player amount (only bots on UnFreeZe2 vs. 21 other users on UnFreeZe1, some with bad connections).
I will give it a shot in the next few days. BTW i am using a rocket jump script. maybe u should consider that ^^
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:17I will give it a shot in the next few days. BTW i am using a rocket jump script. maybe u should consider that ^^
Damit komme ich nicht klar. Wahrscheinlich auch, weil ich seltenst wirklich gerade Rocketjumps mache, sondern eher angeschrägte und dann nochmal von der Wand weg. Dann müsste ich jedesmal drüber nachdenken, welchen Jumpknopf ich drücke :crazy:

Aber es geht im Grunde um die Bewegungen im Allgemeinen. Da will man um eine Ecke laufen und bleibt aus unerfindlichem Grund hängen oder er übersteuert und läuft ein Stück zu weit. Bei den missglückten Rocketjumps fällt das halt am deutlichsten auf und das passiert nun öfters als vorher (was auch schon schlimm war), da ich das jetzt auch vermehrt bei anderen Spielern beobachten konnte. Da haut scheinbar irgendwas mit den gesendeten und empfangenen Paketen nicht hin.

PS: Wenn hier polnisch zur Forensprache erhoben wird, widersetze ich mich mit deutsch. Schreibt sich auch schneller :D
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

@ newb.zi your issues sound really weird. i have to come visit you and fix your gaming setup :-D

translation: deine probleme klingen komisch. ich muss dich besuchen kommen um deine schrottschüssel zu reparieren (;-))
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Klar, komm bach Burgstädt ;)
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5