Stoned nickname is bad?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

Stoned nickname is:

Poll ended at Tue Jan 25, 2022 21:55

Ok, never mind
100%
Bad, propaganda
No votes

Total votes: 13

stoned
User lv1
User lv1

Stoned nickname is bad?

Post by stoned »

Hi all,

It's been a while that I have been thinking about my nickname "Stoned". You all know to what this refers yet not only I'm not an advocate of recreational drugs, but I go against the propaganda of Mary Jane that I now unfortunately see more and more as this market arise.

When I was starting playing Quake during 2020 pandemic (I actually never played much before and thats why I'm such a noob). I've chosen this nickname because I was actually stoned that day. I couldn't imagine back then that this server and this nickname will become some long-term thing in my life. I was thinking maybe change nickname but it now feels like a part of me :wtf:

So I started worrying time to time that maybe this nickname disturbs other people who go against drugs usage or had hard time quitting.

So let me know what you guys think?
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Re: Stoned nickname is bad?

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

UnnamedPlayer nickname is bad
Camaradas Iks De
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

A nickname with the N word would be bad
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

stoned wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 21:55 Hi all,

It's been a while that I have been thinking about my nickname "Stoned". You all know to what this refers yet not only I'm not an advocate of recreational drugs, but I go against the propaganda of Mary Jane that I now unfortunately see more and more as this market arise.

When I was starting playing Quake during 2020 pandemic (I actually never played much before and thats why I'm such a noob). I've chosen this nickname because I was actually stoned that day. I couldn't imagine back then that this server and this nickname will become some long-term thing in my life. I was thinking maybe change nickname but it now feels like a part of me :wtf:

So I started worrying time to time that maybe this nickname disturbs other people who go against drugs usage or had hard time quitting.

So let me know what you guys think?

Nothing wrong with it , but change as you feel no problems
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hi :wave: ,

yes you are right this nickname refers to drugs :sick: , and if it does not suit you or no longer then change your nickname, :idea: you can start by using the nickname :arrow: "Rehab" before finding one that you like more and that suits you better ...

However, I do not hold you against using "Stoned" :silent: because we must be tolerant and understanding before judging :think: and many of us have various addictions :crazy: ...

@CTHULHU, I confirm "UnnamedPlayer" is bad :thumbdown: and confusing when there are several :? ...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

imprecise wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 14:09 hi :wave: ,

yes you are right this nickname refers to drugs :sick: , and if it does not suit you or no longer then change your nickname, :idea: you can start by using the nickname :arrow: "Rehab" before finding one that you like more and that suits you better ...
Ok that was funny! Nothing wrong with your name, Stoned.
stoned
User lv1
User lv1

Post by stoned »

haha impercise :D Since day one I knew this community has a good sense of humor.

Thank you all for answering this.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

hi Stoned, happy new year 2022

if you still want to change your nickname, I have one for you, I don't think it has been used to date, it's Cryofactor

if I have ideas I will suggest others, unless you prefer to continue with Stoned ... tell me ...
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi Stoned

I found another nickname that is closer to Stoned, it's oxytocin

Also called "love hormone" or "happiness hormone", oxytocin is a neuropeptide, ie a combination of amino acids, secreted by some of our neurons.

Oxytocin decreases anxiety and stress, by lowering the secretion of the stress hormone cortisol, especially in social relationships. Studies have shown its positive role in social relationships, self-confidence and in others.

It is also involved in the recognition of faces and emotions. Oxytocin is produced through contacts but also through a quality relationship, through kind looks, smiles, compliments.

best regards
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

hi Stoned

with Stoned you can also do the nickname UndrugStoned
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

imprecise wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 21:21 hi Stoned

with Stoned you can also do the nickname UndrugStoned

Now I know your on drugz :think:

Stone.ez
Makaveli
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Makaveli »

Hey Stoned,

if the nickname remembers you to be stoned regularly then change it. We have other names that could be interpreted as bad propaganda like Putin, Corona, Porsche 😁 but nobody cares about it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Makaveli wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:05 Hey Stoned,

if the nickname remembers you to be stoned regularly then change it. We have other names that could be interpreted as bad propaganda like Putin, Corona, Porsche 😁 but nobody cares about it.
But the player nobody doesn't care .......

AsseD