No votes

Total votes: 6

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: reDIRKulous faking ;-)

Post by adminless »

yes as tar explained, that and it also influences heavily with what mod/settings the demo was made and with what mod/settings is being watched since the client correction code uses to vary from mod/settings to mod/settings so there's plenty of factors that can lead to that behavior once watching the demo.

PS: and well btw regarding the vote in question I believe that is a pass, let's still leave it for a couple of days more to see if there's some objections or if it varies, but so far looks like a pass in some days.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well ok this finally hit the mark (currently 6-0 in favor which was approximately the expectation for this) and nobody objected so you got this guy unbanned as we speak although like I said I wouldn't really expect him to show up anymore after all this time anyways.
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

Hi, I've Redirkolous contact on Facebook, I just told him that he has been unbanned after a poll voting.

It looks like he would still appreciate to play here sometimes. :)
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hello,

I tried to make it short but it did not work:

1. Thanks to adminless for suspending the ban.

2. Thanks to the players who suggested to suspend my ban and voted in my favor. I think some people sort of "hate" me on the server and did not get the info that this voting is going on.

3. I want to stress again that I have never been cheating. I assume it is impossible to convince EVERYBODY, therefore I will not try to do so in the future except somebody points out a how I can actually do it. I always considered accusations a backhanded compliment. Since I got (temporarly) banned I changed my mind but I hope those accusations can be put to rest in the future. I guess the best prove would be to meet in person and to play on LAN. I will not go to big LANs in the future but if somebody is actually interested I have been trying to find old quakers in the area to play locally. Therefore, if someone is ever going to Berlin and wants to play a bit with me or just meet me in real-life, I would try to make it work. This is not a stupid slogan by me, I am actually serious about it.

4. I will start playing on unfreeze.xyz servers again.

5. As I read this thread I realize there are other reasons that supported the decision to ban me. Therefore, I will change certain behaviours, e. g. faking (even though it was fun to me to play with the nicknames of the great players from the good old times because it gave me a joy remembering those times. I have never intended to hide anything; I understand that my self-perception varies from how others perceive me).

6. I cannot and and that is why I will not change certain things. I understand especially when the server is not full and I connect to a game I throw off the game balance. Unfortunately I usually do not have time to play like two hours straight because I got a 5 yr old that needs to be taken care of even when I do not expect it. I sometimes have to quit the game immediately or I accidently drop out due to inactivity. When I play I, of course, concentrate on the game so this throws off the balance, too, when there are not any players of newb.zi, ounps or other players of that level on the server. I actually believed the auto-balance works well so usually it is difficult to me to be twice or even three times on the winning team in a row. So I understand throwing games out of balance annoys players. I will consider this before connecting but sometimes unexpected things happen. Therefore, I hope everybody understands I do not have joy in throwing games out of balance. I do not want to provoke anybody on purpose.

7. If somebody is not happy with me or about my behaviour, just let me know. I do not talk a lot on the server, only if I am frozen. So drop me a note here or on IRC or facebook or whereever. As I said, I do not want to annoy anybody on purpose. To adminless: I am willing to listen, therefore bans will hopefully not be needed anymore in the future.

8. If you think I am cheating do not hesistate to ask for a demo or advice. I guess I could give a lot of explaining on how to improve individual playing skills (I was actually thinking about doing some type of guide before I got banned and I tossed that idea for now since I do not want anybody to think I am fishing for compliments or anything).

9. I will go back to use my old nickname which I used from 2001 to like 2008 (?): Miroslav. I will not mess with nicknames therefore you should know it is me. There should not be any doubts. In cases of doubts I am sure adminless will identify me and take measures.

10. @ Adminless: I hope you are fine with my own set of ideas which just supplement your rules that I will try to follow, too.

Best regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

Nice post :)
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Wchodź na serwer czas na łomot:)
Go to the server time for a blast :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe so it seems that he proved me wrong and showed up, well, that's fine, don't worry and let's hope this time people is more appreciative too, I mean after this I believe that they should at least, so things hopefully can work out a little better.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Glad to hear you are back, even we dont know each other. I always admire old school players, especially with skill. And it is always better to be in your team, because there is more chance to win the round ;) Anyway, may I ask you for your nick Miroslav? You are native Czech or you have CZ ancestors? Because this is typical Czech name and it confused me today in the game a little. Sorry to put my question here, I dont use FB or any other social or asocial media.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

...jutuli... wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 21:38 Glad to hear you are back, even we dont know each other. I always admire old school players, especially with skill. And it is always better to be in your team, because there is more chance to win the round ;) Anyway, may I ask you for your nick Miroslav? You are native Czech or you have CZ ancestors? Because this is typical Czech name and it confused me today in the game a little. Sorry to put my question here, I dont use FB or any other social or asocial media.
before i started playing quake i was crazy about NHL 2k. in the beginning i only had the demo and i played the whole time with the buffalo sabres and "Miroslav Satan" to score all the goals...so when I had to pick a nick at q3 I had no clue what to pick so I went with this one. Therefore I used "Miroslav Satan" in the beginning and then i shortened and went with Miroslav because everyone calls himself "Satan"...at some point I used my real name "" but I stuck most off the time to Miroslav....I dont speak any Czech at all ;-)
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

I guess I could give a lot of explaining on how to improve individual playing skills (I was actually thinking about doing some type of guide before I got banned and I tossed that idea for now since I do not want anybody to think I am fishing for compliments or anything).
I would like to see a shaft guide as your shaft is redirkulous for your slightly higher ping.
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

tar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 22:25
I guess I could give a lot of explaining on how to improve individual playing skills (I was actually thinking about doing some type of guide before I got banned and I tossed that idea for now since I do not want anybody to think I am fishing for compliments or anything).
I would like to see a shaft guide as your shaft is redirkulous for your slightly higher ping.
ha...as I said I did not want to do such guides but I guess I could do that one and you guys tell me afterwards if it was any helpful. I wonder if I regret telling you my "best secrets". I would try doing it in English so others would understand too.

I will look for streaming tools and such. I might need someone to assist me (as a potential victim). this person should also have OSP 1.03a installed because I can show you best on OSP mod (baseq3 would work, too) how everything works. unfreeze.xyz has unlagged mod which is nice of course but to show where that aiming technique started I have to go back to basics. you could transfer that knowledge onto unlagged mods like adminless unfreeze mod in no time and get a more consistant and reliable shaft aim.

best regards
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Hm, I just noticed that once I got no rocket damage again while you were playing on the server. This bug has not appeared since your ban so I can only make a wild guess, that your client or OSP or whatever else .pk3-files you are using are causing this issue since I did not change anything since weeks.
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

:O :O I don't think so as there's people everyday playing with virtually any know file to the human kind, at this point (i.e. once in a season, 4 months, rate) I just believe that that most probably be any random bit flipping on the server's cpu/ram or something like that, nevertheless on the newer build I'm working on I'm overall cleaning up the code interface so it will be easier for the server cpu to digest and that should help rule out those problems, I just had it finished (and working with the patched ghost issue too) yesterday but the bot code broke so I'm fixing it (well digging it) now, let's see if tomorrow I can put it on the server anyways at least to give it a try to know how it's going (since at the end other than in the morning/late night the bot code isn't even going to be used) with a 15 seconds restart emergency plan just in case it breaks beyond belief again hehe
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

i usw the old files i had in january. ill update soon though (unfreeze client mod).

if i could case a bug to the server by manipulating my client files that would be a serious hack way worse than cheating...i have a q3 install from my original cd + 1.32 point release + ioQ 1.33 + mods + well known custom maps. so there is nothing crazy about my pk3 files (or any other files i am aware of) which could cause something like that (as far as i know). but thats really „jynxed“ - once i come back something goes spooky...
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

once i come back something goes spooky...
Yep, what a coincidence :D I had it recognized on only 2-3 rockets, perhaps I got extremely lucky while the rocket hit directly in front of me or it was the bug.
newb.zi (stats · system)