No votes

Total votes: 6

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: reDIRKulous faking ;-)

Post by adminless »

sure it would be way too absurd for someone to be hacking the whole time in a video yet as you're pointing yourself there's more than enough hack shots there and even if you want to see some more you can have a look at this other report by nastia here.
Plumse
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Plumse »

Old post but I had to chime in again, I've watched all the demos both in this thread and the one you linked back to, and the player didn't show any signs of cheating. I don't understand this notion of people "switching" hacks on and off for specific times during games? Why would you turn on a hack for some shots but not for others? I don't understand. Banning good players just because they are above the server's average is a worrying trend.

A clear aimbot is reported here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=75, you can see the 100% lock on of the lightning gun, compare it to the demo posted in this thread, how are they remotely similar?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe that's answered just above, to not get caught at least not that easily. the traditional cheater setup typically includes two shot buttons, one normal to be used most of the time and another auto/assisted only to be used with care to doesn't raise many suspects or to piss someone else in particular. as for the rest at the end of the day you have to understand that this is a community and therefor you have to somehow "fit in" so if you're simply unfitting, be it because let's say as a example that you're "too good" (but are unable to play adequately to the server level, i.e. friendly/casually), because your gamestyle doesn't fit the actual server ruleset (and once again you're unable to adequate your gamestyle and play the game the way it was meant) or be it just for whatever the reason is, it's up to you to do something, if you don't (or are unable to), some time or another, sooner or later, you'll end up being trouble and thus you'll end up banned one way or another.
dunno
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ouunp

Post by dunno »

Randomly stumbled upon this thread. I have checked the demo. The guy does NOT cheat obviously. As stated by Plumse he had natural misses. I played many years ET (Q3-engine based) and have a lot of experience busting cheaters, although there were additional tools for it (like taking client-side screenshots). He had couple of easy shots agaist shitty dodgers, couple of nice shots, but overall normal solid gameplay with good aim. I happen to have similar rail sprees, although usually on rail maps as I'm more a rocket person.

It's a pity that admin doesn't take into consideration other people's opinion on this case as the guy was the only real competition on the server with good aim and surviving skills.

And if he was cheating - why the hell would he post the demo here? He was just trying to show off and you banned him..

You could check demos of players like Vo0 or rat - this will make you reconsider your believes.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well, in fact I did long time, this happened after months of people, virtually everybody, complaining about him in a regular daily basis and I was of the few people who gave him a chance to enjoy the game and get along with the community until it simply reached a point where the whole thing didn't even make sense at all anymore, I mean, it just came to a point when he, himself, didn't even enjoy playing here anymore and all that he was doing was senselessly unbalancing the games. as you're pointing yourself going into a server to (it's not the case but just let's say) beat the crap out of just basically everybody simply to do that, to come here to show it off and rub it on everybody's faces how you're beating the crap out of them, cheater or not, it's totally unnecessary and it's definitively something that isn't going to help you to "get along" with the community if not the contrary. I believe that what people here is interested in are thigh balanced games where there's people of all the skills fighting against people of all the skills and although, of course, some are going to do it more than others but everybody kill some and everybody die some at least I, as the person who built these particular servers, is the concept I have for these servers and therefor what my duty to ensure that it's so is, this is not about to see how dominant players can get even more dominant, if not the contrary, to see how the best players can integrate in the room and blend with the rest of the players so everybody can have fun, if that doesn't correspond with how the game actually performs in the reality then it's my fault and my responsibility to do something about it. it also happened that this guy just seemed to don't care much about this and simply to be more interested in being as overly dominant as he could on each game and even many of the times he wasn't for whatever the reason it was he raged/complained/quit and so on.
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

although I suspected cheating many times (I do not record and analyse but trust my instinct), I could be wrong, of course. When an opponent hits sequential "impossible" shots, you start doubting.

But, Dirk did blend in, not always, but he was sociable player. It was tough to play against him, but very good as teammate. He shared and did his bit of unfreezing. There are other "good" (<-- read high scoring high eff) players, with very low tawn rate which always take all armor and are not sociable at all. And of course I am talking about the doing piece (not the telling ;-)<-- troll). They are horrible teammates and as opponent as they make every impossible shot from a safe distance (camping ra or behind the lines). One could call them anti-social aimer-lamers.

Not sure why I post this, I think because Dirk as player deserves a little more credit.

YS
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

your_sister wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 19:24 although I suspected cheating many times (I do not record and analyse but trust my instinct), I could be wrong, of course. When an opponent hits sequential "impossible" shots, you start doubting.

But, Dirk did blend in, not always, but he was sociable player. It was tough to play against him, but very good as teammate. He shared and did his bit of unfreezing. There are other "good" (<-- read high scoring high eff) players, with very low tawn rate which always take all armor and are not sociable at all. And of course I am talking about the doing piece (not the telling ;-)<-- troll). They are horrible teammates and as opponent as they make every impossible shot from a safe distance (camping ra or behind the lines). One could call them anti-social aimer-lamers.

Not sure why I post this, I think because Dirk as player deserves a little more credit.

YS
yeah I liked Dirk too, I even had his friendship on Facebook and he was a sociable guy.

There are much worse guys around for sure :D
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, it's no problem as you wish, let's make a poll then and if it "passes" (i.e. there's no particular amount for it to compute as "passed" but it must have a least a "strong" response, ex. +6,7 yeses) I'll unban him, no big deal, although it will probably won't make any difference since I wouldn't expect him to be interested in play here anymore after all this time and I also hope that if this passes later people don't start complaining/hating again so please first vote (hehe of course) and more importantly think about what your vote is and be consequent with it on the future if you vote yes here later do not flame the guy.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Hi. I've watched the video again twice and all I can say is I don't think he cheats(this was my opinion from the start) but I would like to raise an issue. Many of his rail shots seem to register even if they are clearly off target. I don' t know if that is just an exploit of the game engine(no hack) or what but it doesn't seem fair anyway. Even if I show the video you posted to someone who never played any shooting games and has an objective opinion they would say "Hey that didn't hit but yet register!". The shots at 0:04, 0:15, 0:22, 0:41, 0:55, 2:08, 3:40, 6:16, 7:35, 10:47, 11:16, 12:18, 13:02, 13:12, 14:32 would never hit on my end or most of the players's. You can recheck the video from Nastia's post too if you please, I remember similar action going on over there aswell. To me there seems to be some sort of hitbox trail effect in the sense that when the target is moving you can hit some adjacent shots off. Combined with "TankJr" as an enemy model the hitbox gets to the size of a small country at times. So before i press "Yes" on the poll can someone more knowledgeable share some thoughts? My intent is not to be offensive about this, it's just an objective opinion. Sorry for the long post and have a nice day.

PS: the reason I don't play as much nowadays is that I'm caught between work/university/gym, but quake 3 remains my #1 entertainment option atm
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

As far as I know, this is the anti lag mod effect (server Side).
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

PS: what is your nickname in game i_cezar?
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Combined with "TankJr" as an enemy model the hitbox gets to the size of a small country at times.
The actual hit box does not increase/decrease with the models used. Therefore the sides of the visible TankJr model are not hittable. One could adjust that model view to hit box matching by using r_lodbias (see this QL thread).
newb.zi (stats · system)
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

Tar, am I wrong or this is just the effect of the unlagged mod that adminless enabled on the server?

I remember you spoke about it some time ago.
I remember that once you complained that you were hit by a rail even if you moved beyond a wall.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

pyron83 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 19:10Tar, am I wrong or this is just the effect of the unlagged mod that adminless enabled on the server?

I remember you spoke about it some time ago.
I remember that once you complained that you were hit by a rail even if you moved beyond a wall.
As far as I understood the unlag code works the other way around: the more you lag the more the unlag code works for you. So if you have 150ms and I have 30ms you are still be able to hit me even if I walked already behind the wall.

So I guess it is just the result of the usual ping difference of Dirk and the player that got hit and not due to the unlag code as Dirk has a very low ping.
newb.zi (stats · system)
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Pyron, I'm Blaze in game.