Mouse Acceleration

User's Guides & Help forum.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Mouse Acceleration

Post by nickaero »

I'm interested in adding mouse Acceleration to my setup but I am not very knowledgeable in the Accel commands in quake 3. There exists more commands than just cl_mouseaccel right? Is anybody kind enough to explain them and tell what they do?
Banditz
User lv2
User lv2

Re: Mouse Acceleration

Post by Banditz »

Hi. Elchitan here from Discord,

I changed my name from Banditz to Shifter. I've been playing Quake 3 Arena for 3 years now and I've been using cl_mouseaccel for 3 years as well. I've some experience using the built-in acceleration in Quake and other FPS shooters. Basically, with mouse acceleration on, the faster you move your mouse, the higher your sensitivity gets. Some players told me, using the built-in acceleration in Quake or other FPS games kind of hinders your aim. And it's no surprise, that Windows built-in acceleration is horrible for your aim. >.< Not too long ago, I found a program called Rawaccel.

It allows you to manually customise your mouse acceleration to your liking. This is a program I personally use for Quake 3 and Quake Live. It's amazing to use because you can use high and low sens, but it doesn't screw your muscle memory. The only downside to this, is that you may have to mess with some settings in the program to find, what works best for you.

If you're interested, here are two guides of how the program works. :D

nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Banditz wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:10 Hi. Elchitan here from Discord,

I changed my name from Banditz to Shifter. I've been playing Quake 3 Arena for 3 years now and I've been using cl_mouseaccel for 3 years as well. I've some experience using the built-in acceleration in Quake and other FPS shooters. Basically, with mouse acceleration on, the faster you move your mouse, the higher your sensitivity gets. Some players told me, using the built-in acceleration in Quake or other FPS games kind of hinders your aim. And it's no surprise, that Windows built-in acceleration is horrible for your aim. >.< Not too long ago, I found a program called Rawaccel.

It allows you to manually customise your mouse acceleration to your liking. This is a program I personally use for Quake 3 and Quake Live. It's amazing to use because you can use high and low sens, but it doesn't screw your muscle memory. The only downside to this, is that you may have to mess with some settings in the program to find, what works best for you.

If you're interested, here are two guides of how the program works. :D

Thx I'll check this program out
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Btw I do know what Mouse Accel is I'm just curious if there are values within quake you can customize it further
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

In ql there are tons of commands but not in q3. Deactivate it in windows so different accels dont interfere with each other