43%

Total votes: 7

oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Re: UnFreeZe Duel Tournament

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

The last quarter-final match took place today. There are only 3 games left until the tournament is over and the winner is announced. Mikes_UK today played with Lodgie the first classic map for this pro-q3dm6 competition. Until the 16th minute we had quite even competition, but the next 3 minutes dispelled all doubts, the game ended with a score of 10-6 for Mikes_UK. Ztn3tourney1 proved unlucky for Lodgie, preventing him from continuing the tournament in the semi-finals. Score 10-3 for Mikes_UK. This is the last player to advance to the next game. The next meetings will be very interesting, it is not known yet when they will take place. Most likely Friday / Saturday / Sunday in the evening. For my part, it's all traditionally link below, all games available on youtube.

https://challonge.com/pl/histk664
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

The first semi-final match is behind us. Mikes_UK and Sub-Zero showed that they were not in it by accident and the game itself was really good to watch. The first hub3aeroq3 map ended with a victory for the Sub-Zero 10-4, which was ahead of its rival. Next ztn3tourney2 and here the role has been reversed. Mikes_UK showed that he would not qualify to the final without a fight and defeated his rival 10-6 in a beautiful style. Great for me and others. Everyone prefers to watch three games instead of two. There was a problem with the third map at the beginning because one of the participants didn't have it, you got a map list at the beginning that you must have, so I don't understand the problems we had because of that, but never mind. Hektik_b3 turned out to be kinder to Mikes_UK who won the map with the result of 10-5 and thus advanced to the final. We have one semi-final match with Kiri and XO to play on the same day at 23:00 CEST but it has been postponed to the next week. This is a good opportunity to rethink your strategy and refine your skills. I'll see you in a week.

https://challonge.com/pl/histk664
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

Breaking! at the wait of final approval by the organizer of this event debut player xo defeated on the other semi-fimal top contender kiri on a upset victory 2:0 with scores 10-7 and 10-5 on maps q3dm1 and pro-q3dm6 respectively at a recorded private session to make his way to the Grand Final of this UnFreeZe Duel Tournament edition. as usual demos already posted for revision at its respective thread and videos to come tomorrow. ggs and congrats to everybody who took part on this and made it go all the way.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

A bit late but I was not expecting xo to beat Kiri whatsoever
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well this xo guy plays strong too besides kiri pretty much resigned (probably not his best effort, definitely not motivated). btw I've seen that the result got accepted so this leads to a xo against mikes grand final, I know I probably don't have much to do with this but I think that it would be cool to finally make it happen within this weekend or the next one if possible. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I haven't seen much activity from the organizer overall on last weeks, as I said I'm not nor was comfortable with doing something like 20 fights, let alone at pretty much random times just like that, but I have no problems in doing a few of them if the situation calls for it so when you (xo and mikes) can make it happen I think that it can be done. if cthulhu is available for the referring, great, if not probably I could even make it myself provided that is scheduled in a organized manner. if none of us (cthulhu or me) is available it can also be done anyways when you want just as it was the case with the semi final for example (i.e. recorded and reviewed/approved). since you both have a account at the forum I was also thinking that since is a grand final it would be interesting to get the server (properly) passworded for it just in case. ok, then let me know here how you see that, I think it would feel like kind of a disappointed to delay this much longer.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Sounds good to me if finals are dealt with with admin

Will it be on gtv ? If you could resend the details here when date set please
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it seems so but unfortunately it looks like this is finally not happening. as I said I wouldn't have any problems in calling this off (I repeat, I know I don't call anything here) or just let it be if just a bunch of matches would have been played and this would be still at the round of 16/quarters (which to be honest was the expectation) or something like that but I believe that it feels like a big let down to leave this incomplete just like that only at the wait of a grand final match and declaring the winner. I guess this weekend this isn't happening either, I believe that it would still be good to make it soon after. as for the gtv sure, the gtv (at port 27972 of both fpsclasico addresses) is permanently attached and recording to the server so sure everybody can spectate it and get it recorded at any time. all that is left here is just make the fight happen, really.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

How about disqualification for both finalists , and other semi finalist fight for the crown , bit lame no fight , or disqualify the one who can't fight lol

Simples lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

if it were a top/pro tournament I think so but just for a fun/open community event like this, not gonna happen I guess.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 21:06 if it were a top/pro tournament I think so but just for a fun/open community event like this, not gonna happen I guess.
This is top pro ufreeze server , no prisoners
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

By the way xo said match might be tomorrow ie Sunday but I didn't see any Info do anywhere , gtv etc
Last edited by PacMan on Sun Oct 31, 2021 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good looking forward that as I said they can just make it at any time they want with or without referee (most likely like this without it). it would just be good however to later know when it happened so I can look it up/review it as usual. btw just as a reminder remember that the grand final for this was apparently scheduled at best of five instead of three. keep that in mind or the match could be void, three wins are required to name the champion on this.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Time for the final. Mikes_UK and xo will play at 22:30 - 22:40 CEST. It may be a few minutes late. --=-- gtv.fpsclasico.eu:27972
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news, thank you about that and congrats on completing the tournament, excellent job. btw will you ref that or do you need me to show up instead? I mean, if you're available the more logical and basically just what makes is for you to show up but if you can not do it let me know. in any case I PM'ed you all (xo, mikes, cthulhu) pass now for the grand final which should ensure that then there's no interferences. have fun and good luck to everybody involved on this.

btw also about the time notice that on central Europe (I mean, at least here) this night (the 31th) the dailight saving time ended and the current time in effect at the server (Frankfurt) at least is regular CET (Central European Time) without the S of saving. in other words please make sure to account for the hour of difference in this change.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

adminless wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 19:04 great news, thank you about that and congrats on completing the tournament, excellent job. btw will you ref that or do you need me to show up instead? I mean, if you're available the more logical and basically just what makes is for you to show up but if you can not do it let me know. in any case I PM'ed you all (xo, mikes, cthulhu) pass now for the grand final which should ensure that then there's no interferences. have fun and good luck to everybody involved on this.

btw also about the time notice that on central Europe (I mean, at least here) this night (the 31th) the dailight saving time ended and the current time in effect at the server (Frankfurt) at least is regular CET (Central European Time) without the S of saving. in other words please make sure to account for the hour of difference in this change.
Yes sorry my mistake regarding daylight saving time. So I will be today from start to finish with the finalists. We are currently negotiating maps. Could you please restart the server? I got information about lags. Perhaps this is a temporary worse connection, but if you can, it would be great. I don't think you need to change your password, the community is fine and no one is going to be stupid enough to interfere with the gameplay. (If you changed, I would ask for an e-mail). After the game, I will post a note about the entire tournament, including a thank you note.
Camaradas Iks De