interruptions during the game

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

interruptions during the game

Post by imprecise »

I have a problem, I regularly have interruptions when I play, always during a movement action with or without shots, all of a sudden everything stops more movements, more shots, it is a suspended moment of 2 to 3 seconds in general.

I cannot tell you if it comes from me or from the servers, or from the connection settings that I left by default.

I am using the version: fpsclasico-client-community-edition / ioquake3.x86_64 and I connect to the kl servers which have the best ping for me.

Thank you in advance for your help.
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: interruptions during the game

Post by adminless »

as I see it, you're connecting via IPv6, try connecting via IPv4 and see if you still experience issues. as I said at other thread, it/I may improve it on the future but at the time of writing these hosts don't have that good IPv6 connectivity in comparison.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

since yesterday saturday 02 october i play in ipv4 kl and i have very rare interruptions in the game, less than in ipv6. I had 2 or 3 interruptions yesterday on all the sessions played (several hours played), and 1 this afternoon.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

overall there's only a known routing issue involving the IPv6 conenctivity of the ix location, and per extension of the IPv6 traffic routed from kl to ix, that I'm looking forward to resolve in the short/mid term in one way or another. for other than that everything should be just fine, even including the local IPv6 kl traffic, so basically it simply comes down to what route is better for your particular connection at a given time.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

ok thank you very much for your explanations and your advice
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, after some intense talks and some back and forth with the server provider last weeks finally today the IPv6 routing issue has been apparently solved from what I could have seen. I believe that then now you should be good to use IPv6 again if that's better for you (as I explained, it will greatly depend on the circumstances) so it would be cool if you could give a test to all the routes and let me know if you're still experiencing issues with some of them.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

I did a few gaming sessions on Spacius, FreeFun and UnFreeZe in the early evening in ipv6 kl and ix, everything seemed to be working fine, no interruptions, until around 10 p.m. ipv6 collapsed on all three servers , only baltic was still available in ipv6
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes it seems so, I know they (this provider) are still actively working on this so I guess that probably they just used the night shift to cycle/shutdown the IPv6 to implement some more (hopefully final) changes. I wouldn't expect the cut to last very much, probably if not later, tomorrow at least IPv6 connectivity should be restored and if along today it was fine already probably just fine.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as far as I can see now everything seems restored and running fine so let me know if it doesn't.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

hi adminless

ipv6 kl & ix seems to be working fine now, I no longer have repeating interrupts

on the other hand for about 5 days from time to time the game hangs, no more control possible and I have to reboot the pc, and when I restart the game I have a message which suggests to me to launch the game in video mode by default yes / no. I put no and the game starts normally with my settings seta r_customwidth "1280" seta r_customheight "720" r_mode "8"

thank you in advance for your help
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes as far as I've seen so far after the reparations I believe that the IPv6 on these hosts ended up turning pretty good and comparable to their premium IPv4 connectivity. that sounds like your operative system crashing big time for some reason. I know Windows 11 has been rolling out recently so it might be related. I'd suggest checking that you have installed any windows update and also reinstall/update your graphic drivers. hope that helps.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

hi adminless

yes indeed windows update checked me for windows 11 but my pc does not have the TPM 2.0 chip (Trusted Platform Module) consequently the installation of windows 11 will not be done via windows update

But I have had Net.Framework and windows 10 21h1 updates so yes it could be related to crashes.

I just updated my Nvidia graphics driver and GeForce experience, hope this will solve my crashing problem.

Thank you very much for your help and your wise advice
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

hi adminless

I did several gaming sessions this morning and midday and no game crashes after updating the graphics drivers, ipv6 kl and ix still work fine

thank you very much for the quality of the work provided
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

hi adminless

ipv6 kl down at 19h05 pm on FreeFun
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, connectivity restored now, though with bad latency at the moment.