UnnamedPlayer

Other Reports Discussion forum.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

UnnamedPlayer

Post by oKo*Magister »

There was a troll named UnnamedPlayer when I played few mins ago. He was doing literally nothing. Once I saw he was staying next to mega portal on DM7 and wasting every ammo of every weapon. Can you do something about it?
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnnamedPlayer

Post by adminless »

I'll try to investigate/collect more info but by now may be he is just a random newbie trying to figure out the game and/or a broken device (like a android installment without physical input for example). thanks for the info.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

I saw someone like that yesterday as well. it seemed like he was trying to shoot through the portals (which is actually possible in quake 4). but besides he just seemed like a nub and not like someone willingly hurting the game.

best,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 15:16 I saw someone like that yesterday as well. it seemed like he was trying to shoot through the portals (which is actually possible in quake 4). but besides he just seemed like a nub and not like someone willingly hurting the game.

best,

toni
No that was your mirror you were looking into.....
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Having been playing on this server for a year, I would like to comment on this topic a bit more. When I see that UnnamedPlayer has entered the server, I immediately tell myself, damn it, some stupid or lagger again. You know what would be good? If this nickname was banned, or it would kick out players without a nickname automatically. I do not want to be malicious, so I will ask a question in favor of every nameless person. Is there any possibility to make a message pop up regarding changing the nickname? Just like during a full server, timeout, or just kicking from the server which often happens on a massive scale. There are people like in the topic, there are Trolls, which only annoys others (it annoys me a lot), there are also people who have a cosmic ping 200+ and you can not hit them (primarily RL). Recently, one guy has been playing (233-270 ping) and I do not know about the rest, but my character model is flashing. Depending on the situation, I usually have no problem hitting the guest, but there are some. Novices are not a problem, they just have to learn the game and Quake3 is very difficult for beginners. I haven't seen the cheaters, although I have heard about them. The UnnamedPlayer problem would end if everyone was named. I wonder what others think about it.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think this has been discussed other times so long story short as it also surfaced recently at other thread that's what is to expect from a top public active server, randoms and noobs and I'm not gonna ban them because of that as the 2021 holiday randoms and noobs are the regular known players keeping this busy in 2022+, I mean, at least some of them potentially of course. it has always been like that (plenty of the known players now were just randoms years ago) and, hopefully, it will always be because the time it stops being like that then that would mean this place is death. of course that doesn't mean that I'm gonna put up with any bullshit, if someone is just being toxic I'll ban him as I always do btw, but I'm not gonna start banning/spamming/disturbing people just for being a random, a noob, a unnamed or just because somebody doesn't like it.

as I always say if some of the veterans here are so disturbed/turn off by those folks (i.e. in reality, I repeat, just by what really means a public server) I simply suggest you to drop more by glacius1/2 for example where the amount of randoms is much lower (if anything at all) and/or to set yourselves at the private server for some hot sessions which are also there for a reason too because at the end of day that's really what you seem to be looking for (more of a private/clan/community server something obviously the top public servers are not).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 17:44 Having been playing on this server for a year, I would like to comment on this topic a bit more. When I see that UnnamedPlayer has entered the server, I immediately tell myself, damn it, some stupid or lagger again. You know what would be good? If this nickname was banned, or it would kick out players without a nickname automatically. I do not want to be malicious, so I will ask a question in favor of every nameless person. Is there any possibility to make a message pop up regarding changing the nickname? Just like during a full server, timeout, or just kicking from the server which often happens on a massive scale. There are people like in the topic, there are Trolls, which only annoys others (it annoys me a lot), there are also people who have a cosmic ping 200+ and you can not hit them (primarily RL). Recently, one guy has been playing (233-270 ping) and I do not know about the rest, but my character model is flashing. Depending on the situation, I usually have no problem hitting the guest, but there are some. Novices are not a problem, they just have to learn the game and Quake3 is very difficult for beginners. I haven't seen the cheaters, although I have heard about them. The UnnamedPlayer problem would end if everyone was named. I wonder what others think about it.
Part of the game on public server to play against laggers and noobs , after all you still have my noob ass to put up with....
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

I think if I remember right that is part of the downfall of the last server you ran Adminless and the server that I ran (Hiszy like server) after you gave it up was letting players come on as unnamed player come on and disrupt the games the regular players got Pissed off with it in the end I put a ban on unnamed players and it was better. You say it is a public server but it is run by you ! and it is up to you to put the ban on them as you please If your regular players are not happy with how the server is run and you wont listen to them they will find another server when I ran my servers I listened s to the regular players and it worked Great.
Just my Opinion take it how you want
SS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the factors that lead to the HiszY collapse I think that I already addressed them good at its appropriate place here and it probably had little to do with the noobs and randoms, that were for the most part always refreshing, and lot more to do with the regulars just being plain toxic (i.e. basically a toxic community). yeah, you say that you neglected the potential newcomers over those same regulars that only proved to ruin and kill the community, easy to see why your server/s never really did any good/terminated. besides, you say they will find another server, well as I just said, there's more servers here already beside the top public ones. if they, or somebody else, is unhappy with the top public servers all they have to do is just go to glacius/baltic or meet at the private server for example. it's not like no other alternatives are offered. so you want me to ban someone due something? sure report it and I will as I banned hundreds of people already, that being said, you just want me to ban anybody not being a regular, not being competitive and pretty much turn this into a closed (i.e. death) community? hell no, so know the difference. for the former you have the public servers and for the later the private server which is as good and it also runs 24/7 btw.