Server configs

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ^Princess

Server configs

Post by _Nisa_ »

Hi,
is it possible for you to publish the unfreeze1 server config? I would like to try to make a private server so I can practice against bots. I would also like to feel real ping 0.

I am using a bit shaky connection since I am sharing my phone's 4G internet connection to my laptop. :lol:

Thanks,
Nisa
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Server configs

Post by adminless »

hey hello nisa

unfortunately no sorry, I don't doubt of your good will and that you'll only use it for what you're asking for (which seriously I wouldn't mind) and not just to start yet another unnecessary copy of this that isn't going to really bring anything to the community other than division and hate/fights to then just start bitching about basically everything here as it would be the most popular and number one use if I would release it therefor I'm sorry but as selfish or bad as this can be seem or whatever there's no room for exceptions in this regard. besides all that don't stress too much either as I'm not questioning your knowledge here and your ability to sacrifice but you can trust me that even if I would release the server files you would really have a very hard time to use them, trust me on that, it's not such thing as a "cfg", honestly I don't even think that it would be worth the job.

what I can do however is do just a quick basic a-like single player mode, that shouldn't take me much time, probably a evening or so, it's something I even planned at some time or another in the past but as I believe that it can be seen here is currently nowhere near the horizon to do that at this time (in fact it's not even on the to do list) so if you're really interested I believe that like I said it shouldn't take me much effort so if you can buy me some time may be I can add that in some weeks or so at the moment all I can do for you is provide you with two sample (attached) cfg files so you can easily kick some bots asses at your local computer.

by now I'll assume that you already got the latest released package (unfreeze-client-full-prerelease.zip) and were able to successfully use it or if not at least that you already got the UnFreeZe client gamemod going and that you're already familiar with installing stuff in your game so that being said if you get the attached files and put them in your unfreeze folder then you'll can load a training a-like room from your game (make sure to first load the unfreeze mod from the mod tab in the main menu) just with the console command \exec training just note there that to get the usual weapons you need to press the "f" key in your keyboard every time you spawn. also if you just want to familiarize with the movement, test cfgs/settings and stuff like that I believe that you could visit UnFreeZe2 for that purpose :D

see you
Attachments
training.cfg
(153 Bytes) Downloaded 39 times
give.cfg
(494 Bytes) Downloaded 40 times
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3

Post by _Nisa_ »

Okay, thank you. I can appreciate the fact that setting up unfreeze server is not a trivial task. The training mode sounds cool. I have LG bound to F key, does it interfere with the after-spawn-full-weapon-outfit function?
The first part eludes me, was it a copy/paste from some other post? Unnecessary hate/fight bitching... I don't know where that came from. I have tried to be as polite as I can.
Thanks.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, if you already have binded the f key in your cfg execing the training cfg will overwrite that bind with the "give me weapons" one thus you can do two things, use the training cfg as I posted it and then later reset your LG bind (not big deal I think) or you can open the training cfg (with wordpad for example) and replace the f in the bind f "exec give" line by whatever other key you want (ex. bind q "exec give"). give it a try and let me know how it's doing probably your're gonna hate it big time hahaha well it was just some quick workaround for you to test :P

no it wasn't but don't worry that as I started saying "I don't doubt of your good will" I was only trying to give you a explanation of why there's the policy of keeping the server stuff private rather than just answer you with a plain, no. I apologize if I didn't use the words right and that lead you to misunderstand that part and think that that explanation I was giving was personal to you, it wasn't, sorry about that, I meant that as the typical use people give most of the time to those files and to what it leads releasing them and thus why I don't as regardless of what the "impressions" are when you set a policy about something you have to keep it for everybody or other way in the long run it will end up failing.
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3

Post by _Nisa_ »

Thanks, you made it clear as day now :)
Plumse
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Plumse »

Nisa, just practicing against Nightmare bots in the regular game is good enough practice too :>
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3

Post by _Nisa_ »

Plumse wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 23:13 Nisa, just practicing against Nightmare bots in the regular game is good enough practice too :>
How can I start regular game with a railgun? I want to be railwhoring and don't need other weapons for practice. I bought a new mouse and I think my rail accuracy is getting a little better. 8-)
In regular game I need to find the RG first and I don't even know the maps, so actually I never find anything... :(
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think the cfgs I posted should do that may be you only need tweak them a little to your liking, don't hesitate to ask if you get stuck somewhere.
Plumse
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Plumse »

If you create a skirmish on Q3DM17, fill it with bots and it's the best map to practice railguns ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

_Nisa_ wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 18:55 Hi,
is it possible for you to publish the unfreeze1 server config? I would like to try to make a private server so I can practice against bots. I would also like to feel real ping 0.

I am using a bit shaky connection since I am sharing my phone's 4G internet connection to my laptop. :lol:

Thanks,
Nisa
ok, I think that probably by now you won't care about this answer anymore but just letting you know that although the new inside client release, ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v19.2.zip, doesn't contain a UnFreeZe server, this time, it at least contains a unlocked pre-configured single player consistent with the servers settings (those bots skill should be around 1250 I believe more or less). I think that you should definitively at least check it out, I know it's not great but as mentioned by other users already it's probably the best option (that plus some short of the cfgs I posted). I tested it with other settings and one way or another they broke the game big time and other than just (partially) fitting this particular request didn't make any sense, sorry about that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, in addition to that finally whoever wants to train his game on local has added on the new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip package training modes. since this release (v20.5) the official UnFreeZe client ships with the \exec training1 and \exec training2 commands to start local training sessions. thus make sure to get the aforementioned package and check those out. in addition there's also new online training servers available, check them out at the other tab of this forum.