Vasten

Other Reports Discussion forum.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Vasten

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Hi. Each of you knows a gentleman with the nickname Vasten. Can the admin do something about it? At ping 30, the guy teleports from place to place and no one can hit him normally. He ALWAYS teleports, has NEVER moved normally. Can we ban him? Preferably for a couple of years.
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Vasten

Post by ^ironmonkey »

Hi,

like maybe everyone here who has been online in the last few days, it has struck me that Vasten is currently playing more often than usual, so i understand your point of view.

it is anything but easy to hit him, especially with RG/LG. i find that annoying too.

But I have to say, however, that Vasten never stood out negatively, he always played fairly and correctly. he loves this game as much as any of us. Banning him for his connection problems is unfair.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

I don't think it's fair to ban him for things that may be outside of his control. Although I do think it's weird that pther people who have ping 200 don't teleport like he does.Sometimes with lag spikes they do but nowhere near as consistent like him
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

Vasten ist a good boi!
Yeah he laggs/warps like a mofo, but as was mentioned already, he plays normally and doesn't do anything to annoy.
Just take his shit connection as a challenge. Try to predict the future where he will appear and shoot there!
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

From a gaming prospective he doesnt bring a positive experience, we agree here. Its like playing agains Ranger from Quake Champions that has Dire Orb cooldown hack.
But since he likes the game so much, i wouldnt want to be that guy that pulls the trigger to ban him. I haven't seen him being rude to nobody.
I dont know if he is trolling or not because its not a good experience for him also.
For me its fun to have him around.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

He skips like a broken record, but seems to be a nice guy. A ban would be terrible.
I hope his connection gets better and I hope my 150ish ping don't make me warp like that to y'all.
Good day filthy friends.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

well I don't think I really need to answer this already. I could temporally ban someone due connectivity issues if it's a dramatic issue and it's just ruining the game but definitively not "for years". it seems to be not the case here.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi all :wave:

the problem with Vasten is not really its ping, but rather the ping difference which keeps changing, when playing its ping goes from 30 ms to over 150 ms with values ​​that change all the time. time which makes it particularly unplayable, this explains this post and the fact that it can annoy and disturb some players

I tried to tell him about it yesterday in the game chat, but he did not answer, he nevertheless made a gg at the end of the game

as I told him in the game chat, I have absolutely nothing against him personally, it's just his connection and his lag which is horrible and unpleasant for everyone

I recognize that he is a good and very correct player, no insults, no cheating, no bad behavior, there is nothing to reproach him on that side.

but also I remain convinced that he can do better in terms of connectivity, but for that still he would have to want to take care of it and also that he connects to the forum to ask for help in this regard, that would be really good of him

in summary, I'm not for him to be banned just for his poor connectivity, but I'm for him to be forced to improve it, at least he tries with your help Adminless

question: what is the server tolerance delta for client lag? it seems unlimited ...

Vasten you have the cards in hand, I hope you will come to read these messages and that you will realize the inconvenience and that you will try to remedy it, thank you in advance and good game man
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

It seems he could have bad settings rate/snaps/maxpackets or even timenudge (if it works here). His connection is not that bad. But he did not response in chat...so, warp it up cpt. Kirk...
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Anything you want, but he could do something about it. It bothers others
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ^Princess

Post by _Nisa_ »

Vasten is doing it on purpose. His ping is good but he uses way too low network settings to cause the terrible warp. I say it is a form of cheating.

Purposeful destructive settings are a much bigger offence than someone being "rude." LOL. Grow thicker skins folks if you cannot take some anonymous chat bla bla. How can you be happy with deliberate purposeful destructive settings?

Try /cg_TeamChatsOnly 1 if chat really is your biggest problem. I thought we are here to play and not chat. Someone ruining the gameplay shouldn't be here at all.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

_Nisa_ wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:32 Vasten is doing it on purpose. His ping is good but he uses way too low network settings to cause the terrible warp. I say it is a form of cheating.

Purposeful destructive settings are a much bigger offence than someone being "rude." LOL. Grow thicker skins folks if you cannot take some anonymous chat bla bla. How can you be happy with deliberate purposeful destructive settings?

Try /cg_TeamChatsOnly 1 if chat really is your biggest problem. I thought we are here to play and not chat. Someone ruining the gameplay shouldn't be here at all.
I actually agree completely here. I think saying some naughty words once in a while although not advisable is still "better" in comparison than having settings that actively make the gameplay experience shit for everyone else. I don't want him banned for now, certaintly
not for years, but I also think we should pressure him to improve his connection and if he does nothing than it's time to do something. Just my 2 cents.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I don't think it's (I mean I can tell you it's not) a proven fact that he is doing it on purpose as some of you claim it here rather I just see someone connecting from a very low (if not the lowest on his region) budged mobile isp known for having routing issues (saturation/congestion) with this particular provider at least. I'll make a couple of contacts later and I'll see if it can be worked out though I have the feeling that if he would just connect through the alternative route that is precisely there for this kind of issues his connection would probably be just fine. next time you meet him I'd strongly advise you to ask him to just connect through the alternative route (unfreeze.fpsclasico.eu/freefun.fpsclasico.eu , 37.120.182.194/46.38.231.22) and see if it does some better. other than that I disagree with your thoughts on the chat, people join to play and the chat/communication is part of the game and the fun/experience. people don't have to quit on the chat just because other people's nonsense/abuse, the later should not the former.
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

I agree with @jutuli, this is probably some bad settings... maybe a min(rate/snaps/maxpackets) enforcement could help us all?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

to the best of my knowledge (i.e. unless I've made a mistake/missed something) the server actually ignores any kind of regular Quake III Arena settings so unless he is generating the lags trough special/advanced means (which I don't think is the case) it's why I'm telling you that most likely than not he just legit lags. to me he just looks like a random kid that probably doesn't even understand English yet playing from the lowest end mobile connection commercially available with a expired data plan, no good. if the problem escalates so much I probably can just ban him for a couple of days and see if by we can get some more information with that.