UnFreeZe league

UnFreeZe League 2021 History - ILM Clan Lineal Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

ok so the first semi final of the UnFreeZe Final Four between the Sbornaya and oKo has finished with a strong victory for the Sbornaya on a really beautiful and fast paced game that didn't disappoint at all. as expect for a match up between the regular season champion and the fourth place the Sbornaya clearly dominated the fight this night with more passion for the game than for the score/tactics with a open offensive exciting game instead of the regular death end ugly camping shit which is always something to acknowledge and welcome to the competition. nevertheless they didn't go away unscratched as despite the (perceived) difference oKo pulled a tremendous first home map, q3dm14, where they even beat the Sbornaya on the damages (pure fighting) battle on a overall epic game again that anybody could have won. unfortunately (for oKo) their fighting advantage on this map wasn't enough as to entirely turn around the overall (perceived) superior experience and team performance of the Sbornaya that ultimately ended up prevailing on the opening game. with the first point of the fight won the Sbornaya knew deep down they had already won more than half the fight and that pretty much they just needed to finish the job on their home maps to move past the semis as the first finalist of the UnFreeZe Final Four and so they did. unfortunately oKo pretty much got overall outmatched on the games that followed (the Sbornaya home maps) by a Sbornaya that simply was better there and came to show off once again why they ended up as champions of the regular season on some games that left really exciting frags with notables performances from their top rated trio. despite that and the outcome I hope oKo don't view this as a failure or a terrible loss but rather the opposite as a reward/gift to a extraordinaire season that sets them as no other but semifinalists of the UnFreeZe Final Four after even have their fair chances against the regular season champion. congrats on that notable achievement and thank you very much for coming this night and your great sportsmanship across the whole competition.

ref notes: well there was a notable delay on the end of the Sbornaya whose members Sweety Labr and ^{BLACK}NASTIA were late for close to 10 mins and 15 mins respectively. fortunately they ultimately made it in time and the semi final could have been played though it was a bit unpleasant situation that shouldn't have taken place. as mentioned in-game, please notice that this time I gave a waiting of somewhere 15/20 mins as i was aware that the starting time had been rescheduled for this phase and I was aware this could led to some last minute incidents like this (yes you got it by now more of my "alien" predictions/forecasts). under normal circumstances the waiting time for members is of 5/10 max and needless to say teams that fails to meet the minimum required members at that time frame will be disqualified (i.e. no shown, 3:0 loss and points penalty if applicable) so please keep that in mind for the coming remaining fights.

as usual stats updated and demos here or here and videos tomorrow. well and I think that should be it with this by now, all that is left is wait for the other semi final to unfold to know who will finally fight the Sbornaya on the final for the tittle of the first UnFreeZe champion. ggs.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw any update on what order the teams (team community A and ILM clan) have finally agreed to play the maps (pro-q3dm13, q3dm7, hub3tourney1, overkill, pro-q3dm6) for the tomorrow's semi final? I'm addressing that to anybody involved here not just "liza". as said, please remember that is mandatory to settle that at least 24 hours in advanced of the fight date in a effort to avoid disputes (as could have been seen) among other things. exceptionally I'll give it a bit more time for this round but if by tomorrow noon or so I have no received further notification that will be the final play order (pro-q3dm13, q3dm7, hub3tourney1, overkill, pro-q3dm6). for the final the deadline for the maps will be strictly 24 hours in advance max and missing it will result in me scheduling (or picking in case something is missing) it as I see fit.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

We decided last evening to play overkill first from our home maps(overkill, dm7). Ironmonkey informed liza on this at about 01:32am cest because we got into some matches and honestly forgot about it...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure np you were still (exceptionally) in time as said, thanks for the update :thumbsup: btw remember that although yes liza take care of that you (the participants) can also always directly address that here and are even obliged/responsible to do so if necessary (i.e. say liza is afk, disputes, deadlines etc which wasn't the case btw just saying). ok then if I have understand right the today's semi final will go pro-q3dm13, overkill, hub3tourney1, q3dm7, pro-q3dm6, is that what both teams have been properly notified about and what both teams finally agree on? unless someone states other wise here that will be final by 14:00 CEST. good luck to both teams.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

The final map order is agreed to be:
hub3tourney1, overkill, pro-q3dm13, q3dm7, pro-q3dm6.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok thank you about that. it's close to 14:00 CEST already then the fight will finally be played at hub3tourney1, overkill, pro-q3dm13, q3dm7, pro-q3dm6. as said, I'm not trying to responsibilize you of that but people (with independence of you if necessary) should get used to agree/notify/settle those kind of things at least 24 hours in advance of the fight date (also as said, approx, it's not like because someone is a minute or a hour or just some time late all is gonna be over, there's some margin as can be seen). leaving this for the last minute (i.e. the fight day) is just a recipe for disaster, disagreement, lack of preparation, miscommunication and so. no good in the context of some finals. see you later.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok so the second semi final of the tournament (aka the "small"/3rd final) is done and wow man what a fight, hotter than the sun, I'm still sweating just from remotely referring that though I haven't even played nor got any close to it. without neglect of absolutely any other fight on the tournament but I believe that just this fight alone it was worth the whole competition, major respect and congrats to both teams on a excellent performance and at the wait of the grand final the clash of the tournament so far. as expected from a match up between the second and the third the fight was very disputed toe-to-toe dog fight that had to be decided on the fifth tie-breaker game after (slightly) more than two hours of hardcore intense gaming. it all started with ILM taking the first team community A home map hub3tourney1 on a outstanding performance against a team community A that probably (apparently to me) started a little nervous and paid it on the pitch. surprisingly they (team community A) made up for that loss on the second ILM home map overkill with a lot courage and a tremendous overall team performance on the key moments despite once again ILM probably being better at the individual pairings, beside probably overkill wasn't that good of a choice for ILM as they had probably expected it to be after all. with the scores tied at this point it became obvious this was going to be a long fight disputed almost till the end. second team community A home map pro-q3dm13 showed and this time team community A managed to secure it once again with a superior generous team performance against the probably superior individual ILM performance. just one map away from defeat second ILM home map q3dm7 was either win and keep pushing or go home and at this point they (ILM) didn't fail to deliver and probably played their best game so far and proved to have the heart of a great competitor successfully managing a decisive adverse situation and ultimately stop the great collective game of team community A led by what will likely end up becoming the performance of the league by fau with a solid individual performance. at this point after ILM had recovered from a partial 2:0 loss and had recovered from a match/tournament point it became somehow clear to me that although anything was still possible they had got the upper hand on this. the tie-breaker pro-q3dm6 showed to settle things and it just came to solidify the current ILM upwards trend so after team community A fighting literally like lions and despite they never conceded nor ceased to believe till this ended ultimately ILM prevailed once again on the individual play on a map where probably team play is not that relevant as on other ones and ultimately advanced to the grand final posing as a very strong contender that can perfectly aspire to anything.

ref notes: a few, semisek significantly lagged probably during the whole match, I didn't say anything (I'm not there to "coach"/"help" any team) as it probably (as far as I observed) didn't affect (i.e. hurt) the enemy team game though off referee role I can say that it's hard to understand team community A kept him virtually the whole fight playing like that as he could barely play. also on second game there was some small instances of lag also affecting team community A this time members mywifehatesQ3 and aimer that probably once again potentially negatively affected them though probably it's not as relevant as they (team community A) even ended up winning that game and by no means it was anything comparable to the semisek lag. after all the heat from the battle a five minute break was conceded before the tie-breaker start to give some time to the participants to prepare (i.e. have a small snack/fast acting crabs/sugars, hydrate, stretch, cool down, breath some fresh air, bathroom, discuss strategy/tactics, tune equipment etc etc) to face the decisive game, understand that as the norm under those kind of circumstances. on the tie-breaker aimer game crashed which (consequently) led him to disconnect, people waited him out and he just rejoined few moments (30 secs or so) later. overall it was reanalyzed and although it was unfortunate it wasn't the decisive factor that led to the ILM victory the overall game fight results are clear enough to consistently call the game in favor of ILM without disputes.

ok and that's it with the second semi final, man trust me that it didn't failed to deliver, so far here or here you have the demos and the vps.fpsclasico.de stats site updated with the games. the videos (not only YouTube for the finals btw) will probably take longer this time as I can not (meaningful) parallelized two hours of 2k pretty much raw footage meaning that I have to split the job which requires some manual action (basically just upload it xD) and then move to the next batch. I hope probably by the evening but whatever the case is make sure they'll be posted as usual and tomorrow that's for sure. see you next week then for the UnFreeZe grand final between top contenders Сборная России and ILM clan good luck to both and thank you very much to every team that participated on this competition and made it possible till the final. ggs.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Unfortunately we had technical problems throughout the whole night which did affect our games partially.
However, credit where credit is due, the better team deserved to reach the final :-)

Thanks again Liza and adminless for organising the tournament!
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Final game will take place on Thursday, May 20 at 21.00 CEST (22.00 msk).
ILM (Blaze, Ironmonkey, Mikes, Makaveli, Orgi, Nickaero) vs Russians (Ixsy, Black Nastia, Ixxaaa, Sweety Labr, Black Dii, Poo).
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

adminless wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 0:49 ref notes: a few, semisek significantly lagged probably during the whole match, I didn't say anything (I'm not there to "coach"/"help" any team) as it probably (as far as I observed) didn't affect (i.e. hurt) the enemy team game though off referee role I can say that it's hard to understand team community A kept him virtually the whole fight playing like that as he could barely play.
Well, aimer had issues with his laptop, fps drops and couldn't play. lee had to leave for last match as expected. Maybe semisek's issues were greater than aimer's but it's hard to tell in the middle of a match.

Still good games, ilm was better on that day. Good luck in the finals.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, unlucky, that was my impression (i.e. guess as usual) as to why aimer "left" the fight (his laptop caught fire) particularly after he was on-fire dominating the first two games. yes, aside from the fact that his (aimer) game ended up crashing in the middle of the last game, his issues where totally minor compared to those of semisek. I mean, I guess that you'll can see it on the videos that hopefully will finish 18:00 CEST approx, honestly semisek game yesterday was probably unplayable almost to any standard. if I don't recall wrong there was even a instance at q3dm7 where he even ended up on the lava not to get refreshed but because he couldn't even control his movement anymore due the massive lag/packet loss. yes, it was unfortunate, that's why I don't count him in for the inside fpsclasico tournaments anymore, I remember on the last jutu-semi fight that it was pretty much the same only that that time he not only hurt himself (or his team) but also the offense (jutu, he was pretty much "unhittable") which was not so nice to referee that time.

@liza thanks about that, pass sent now.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Do you mean this moment? :D

It's all good, anyone can get some technical issues or be unable to play - this is why we have extra players. Just unfortunate that two players had problems this time. They were able to play just fine and did great in many other matches before.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah man that's exactly what I was talking about (so I recall right). unfortanetly it was pretty much like that the whole night for him. matter of fact, to be honest I'm even surprised at how he did considering the circumstances (i.e. unplayable).
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

adminless wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 17:05 matter of fact, to be honest I'm even surprised at how he did considering the circumstances
Lot of spamming and lucky blind shots i guess. :D Also i was not lagging hard like this all the time. This was extreme.

Edit - but i agree that this unstabile connection is definitely not fair to other players and it will probably be better if I just stick with the public games, which i can just quit any time if needed. Thanks ILM for the tolerance and everyone for good games.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

We had some thriller games this league but this one with Team Community A was something else.
We knew they had the strongest thaw game(they are all in top in stats if order by number of thaws descending) in the league and play a strong team game not to mention individual players level. They even have 2 Unfreeze Team caliber players and some other established/confirmed talented and skilled top players from the community. Both teams showed character reversing the game in their favor after losing home maps, coming back from 1-0 to 1-2 and then from 1-2 to 3-2. This match took us pretty much trough all the spectrum of emotions and tested our maturity in the game, on both sides.
We got a bit distracted after unexpectedly winning the first map. Adding to that our opponent came up with a smart strategy on overkill and we couldnt win it.
There was a tactical side to this game aswell. Dm7 was a real test. They hold the red for like 4 rounds at some point. Its a pretty hard map to play off control. They caught us off guard a number of times in yet another well executed strategy. We couldnt contain their thaws on this one. Fau alone unfroze what 4 of us combined did in what could actually be, as admin said, the best individual performance of the tournament. So it felt like playing a zombie apocalypse game at times, where they just respawn and keep coming. We had to keep focus for this one which is easier said than done. As a figure of speech, our guns caught on fire by the end of this game. And so did aimer's laptop from what i understand.
We had on ILM side also an impressive personal performance worth to be mentioned pulled off by Nickaero on his first dm7 in this tourney.
These kind of games is what we signed up for.
Let's hope for less technical problems in the future, sorry to hear about it.
Big thanks and apreciation to Liza and adminless for organizing and respectively providing for this!