UnFreeZe league

UnFreeZe League 2021 History - ILM Clan Lineal Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

ok, that's cool in my opinion, it was meant to be. then I'll set the server 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) for the finals (21:00 pre-fight warmup schedule time to start "asap", in short, as mentioned) and will give a little room in case someone is a bit late (i.e. 5/10 mins) and that should be it.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw it would be good to know the maps for the tomorrow team community A vs team community B fight basically just to setup the server/fight so we don't lose time/get into conflicts tomorrow in-game.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 22:00 btw it would be good to know the maps for the tomorrow team community A vs team community B fight basically just to setup the server/fight so we don't lose time/get into conflicts tomorrow in-game.
6++ > dm13 > bloodcovenant
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok so the highly anticipated community fest finally ended with a hard earned team community B victory that didn't fail to deliver great plays and very exciting moments on a overall very disputed and top ranked fight. after a really tough season things finally started to look in good shape for team community B when they secured their home pick, 6++ this time, on a very disputed map they probably just played better than team community A despite this last great, probably superior, efforts at team play. pro-q3dm13, team community A pick this time, surprisingly was a very different story and things turned around here with a strong team community A win that overall just dominated team community B almost in every aspect of the game. this led to a tie-breaker, bloodcovenant, as had been no other so far and that really lived up to the expectation for this fight. that was a dog fight that anybody could have won with the initiative exchanging back and forth between both teams almost till the very last frag. ultimately team community B prevailed 10:9 on a very strong performance this night despite the great efforts of team community A and a individual mvp caliber performance from player fau that unfortunately it wasn't enough to secure the win. on the aftermath despite the win unfortunately this outcome isn't enough for team community B to keep alive its chances to advance to the next phase (they needed a 2:0 win and a 2:0 lose for oKo) so this means that pretty much they say good bye to the competition for now. nevertheless they leave at least on a good note and knowing that they they did the right thing and honored the competition till the very last game and that's always worth a mention and highly appreciated so thank you very much to team community B and all its members for participate and your great sportsmanship across the entire competition, thank you guys. on the other hand, before the match all hinted on the direction that probably team community A would likely secure the second spot of the league this night but it wasn't the case and this defeat now sets a 2:0 winner on the last match of the league as the highly desired second place of the regular season. it's not that I had anticipated this exact outcome but ultimately this proved (i.e. for a fact/real) to be a perfect scenery why the final four format was called despite the hating since as can be seen things are just too close as to merely call a final here. not even to mention all the drama that would have followed with the scoring (that in my opinion it worked like a charm btw) under these circumstances. it was clear to me that a league this short called for special settings and I believe that ultimately proved to be the right and fair call.

ref notes: ok just a few minor notes, danger experienced significant lag spikes during the fight that somehow affected the game experience but not really the outcome and also he hadn't installed the correct version of the tie-breaker map bloodcovenant at the start of the game. about this last please note that it wasn't big deal as fortunately there was a sixth player available to play in his place though let's note this here clearly to avoid any further disputes, had not been the case and team community B had missed to meet the minimum number of players for what the fight was going (5vs5) and the map would have been ruled ko and the team potentially evaluated for a penalization if so. then please everybody keep that in mind for the finals and ensure you have at least all the proper maps/versions installed that are going to be played. games missed due teams not having them installed after being notified/agreed to play them will be ruled ko without playing them.

other than that as usual here or here are the demos and the vps.fpsclasico.de server stats site updated already and the vids being produced at the workstation as we speak to post them tomorrow. btw about the stats site notice that I reviewed it these last days to better reflect the game outcomes (particularly gave more visibility to the thaws that on this setting is obvious they play a major part) as well as patch a few issues as usual so check it out and let me know how you see that as is likely that on weeks to follow after this I regress that into the main servers sites too. for the rest all that is left for the regular season is to settle who's finally going to go against the Sbornaya solid champions on the semi finals nonetheless so stay tune as usual for more.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Liza wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:29
Liza wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 16:48 May 4, 21.30 CEST.
Team community A (Fau, Lee, mywifehatesq3, semisek, pks, aimer) vs Team community B (Plumse, Danger, Puff, Ouunp, Jutuli, Saltypeanut).
Map picks are coming
Thursday, May 6. 21.30 CEST.
ILM vs OKO
ILM vs OKO.
Map picks: q3dm14 --> q3dm8 --> overkill
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

noted now, good, thanks about that and also congrats to you on completing the whole league schedule even with no delays. you definitively beat the expectation on that :thumbsup:
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Yes, big praise to Lisa. I've seen her coordinating and sometimes babysitting each team on discord to get everything done in time. I know from experience what a huge effort something like this takes.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know that's why I would never even try to pull off anything like this in the first place (not the technical/management/commissioning and similar part) so yeah big kudos on not only successfully organizing all the fights (that was a incredible feat on itself already) but even do so according to the established schedule as I said. well at least I think the effort was worth and overall it finally turned out pretty good and a positive experience.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Indeed, shout out to Liza for running a successful league!
Everything was smooth despite having to coordinate 30+ players over a few weeks, great job!
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Thanks Liza for organization, that was a nice experience. But I don't really get the point of finishing it all while Russians were announced as league winners tho.

Anyway great job Liza. Thank you and Adminless for all your effort :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey there's a second phase afterwards, a play off (semis&final) that will ultimately decide who the final UnFreeZe champion (just like that, not merely the league/regular phase champion) will be. a phase btw for which your team automatically qualified after the yesterday outcome so don't waste your chances. matter of fact your tomorrow fight against ILM is very important on this regard as who wins that will avoid the Sbornaya (the team that earned on the pitch the right to be acknowledged as the strongest so far) on the semis and a 2:0 outcome for any of the teams will even promote any of you to the final second place on the league nonetheless. definitively all critical stuff to take in consideration, not random meaningless stuff that just doesn't even matter to be played, very important decisive stuff to take seriously. matter of fact thinking about it now that you bring the topic also not showing for example would mean a 2:0 loss and -2 penalization that will then even promote team community B to the next phase in place of any of you. bottom line it doesn't matter how you look at it it's kind of a small final quite literally.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Several people were confused with the terminology.
But it is similar to the one used in National Hockey League. There is a regular season with a regular champion (who even have a prezident's trophy) and Stanley Cup. And Stanley Cup is the only thing that really matters.

In the league teams were examining the competitive game style, searching strategies, team comunity b managed to show the expected level of team play only in the last match. At the start of the league some teams prepared maps that do not really suit them. In play-off the story will be different.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Ok, now I get it. Thanks

And see you later on the server :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, np and btw on a personal note writing that answer (i.e. keep things relevant/meaningful virtually till the last game of the last fight for everybody) is exactly the reason why I basically de-facto overruled the scoring&format of the competition otherwise, sure, you'd be absolutely right on your statement as I had anticipated. see you later then.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Thanks Liza for organizing and adminless for providing this competition! It is a new experience, with a different flavor from the ussual games and i enjoy it a lot😁
Liza wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 Several people were confused with the terminology.
But it is similar to the one used in National Hockey League. There is a regular season with a regular champion (who even have a prezident's trophy) and Stanley Cup. And Stanley Cup is the only thing that really matters.
Had no idea about this.
I thought about it and imho the best format would be 6 teams in 2 groups of 3 with a natural mix of group then eliminatory games(but we dont have 6 teams). Like now i feel it takes a bit from the value of the results as we play the first stage for primarily eliminating one team and secondly having some advantages in the next stage(1st gets to play 4th starting from 0-0 score, not sure what is the advantage of 2nd over 3rd if any). But having fun and a positive experience its the most important thing so this format fits very well to that direction.