UnFreeZe league

UnFreeZe League 2021 History - ILM Clan Lineal Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

imo the disadvantages seem minor compared to the advantages. I mean, "Such system will depreciate group matches (as most teams will qualify anyway)" I don't think so as the order clearly determine the outcome and in a league this sort just a match can change everything (i.e. I highly doubt the fourth position, as well as probably most of them, are resolved until the last week probably. in the other hand the first and second places seem realistically to be more or less decided soon and without any difference between being first and second on the original format there is where I see it feasibly, or better said at least more probable, that the competition ends prematurely or just that it loses interest for some/most). as for "The longer we play, the more time concerns for some players could arise" yes that's totally true and that's why I always stay away from organizing anything like this (beside this kind of basic provider/commissioning thing so much props to you and the guys for pulling this off) but I believe that you pretty much countered that on your own advantages "Some players appreciate more matches + more incentive for teams with 2 losses". if I suggested it is because I really see the people engaged/interested and realistically possible to pull it off (besides thinking that it was a better option competition wise) and after all as I said, it's just two fights, one week more (i.e. 13 fights versus 11, 7 weeks versus 6) it shouldn't take any major dramatic further effort to schedule that if not the contrary probably, particularly considering that those are gonna be the big matches. bottom line my opinion is go for it.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok so the first game of the third week of the UnFreeZe league between the Sbornaya Rossii and the oKo clan have finished with a strong 2:0 victory for the Sbornaya Rossii that takes the three points of the fight that probably, unless major surprises, place them just one victory away from winning the regular part of the competition (the pass for the next round I believe they have earned it already mathematically). unfortunately oKo clan this time couldn't keep up the good momentum of the previous fight and they were simply defeated by a Sbornaya Rossii that for the most part was just better this night. things started to look in bad shape for oKo when they conceded the first q3dm7 map on a very disputed/balanced game that the Sbornaya probably managed better overall with a well balanced and attractive playstyle led by a on-fire ixsy that oKo just wasn't able to stop this night. surprisingly second Sbornaya perceived map, overkill, didn't work out as good as they probably had expected it after they had switched from 6++ and saw a great performance from oKo that nevertheless managed to hold its own against the Sbornaya in its own home map on a overall great game till the very last point. unfortunately (for oKo) their efforts weren't enough to turn around the fight and overall the Sbornaya prevailed and closed the fight on clean sheets. on the individual side major mention to player ixsy that this night proved fundamental for their team victory and clearly earned the mvp award of the fight as well as taking the current number 1 rank at the stats site overtaking its most direct competitors posing as a strong candidate as the ultimate mvp of the regular season.

ref notes: once again, zero issues. all good and just ggs not even casual (normal) noticeable client lags or anything.

other than that demos here or here and the stats site, vps.fpsclasico.de, already updated. since this night fight was short I'll see if with a bit of luck I can even post the videos some time after midnight. have fun and thank you everybody for participate.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, the third week of the UnFreeZe league has finished with a very exciting team community B vs ILM clan fight that leaves pretty much almost any position open. it all started at hub3tourney1 with ILM trailing on the score for the most part just to finally overtake team community B on last point on a heart stopping epic game, definitively a must see remarkable performance on both ends. with the score in favor ILM home map q3dm8 showed and as expected from a home pick and after they even had gave trouble to a juiced wtf on it, this time proved a lot more favorable for their interests overall and unfortunately (for team community B) just too much for them to handle and ILM managed to secure the second game on the fight and take home some really hard worked three points in the league. off-the-record pro-q3tourney2 was also played and probably once again it just proved that the best competitor this particular night was ILM and that probably team community B lacked the gameplay depth seen on other teams that train/play together more often, unlucky. nevertheless probably one of the most interesting things on the fight has been the outcome. this 2:0 victory for ILM means that, beside the Sbornaya Rossii they are (virtually) the only team that directly depend on themselves to end up as champions of the regular season so the next week Sbornaya Rossii vs ILM clan fight is a date you should not miss. but not only that also on the lower part of the table, although slim, team community B still remain with some (indirect) chances to get into the next phase. for example, if team community A misses against oKo, which can realistically happen, then the last week team community A vs team community B will become a direct fight for the fourth place (note team community B most likely than not will need a 2:0 on this in addition to win the fight). bottom line, this is starting to get as hot as it gets and the best part is still yet to come, so stay tune and make sure to miss the fun.

ref notes: none! so by now unless there's something else remarkable to note I'll stop dropping them.

ok, and that was all for this UnFreeZe league week 3, so just as usual demos for this fight here or here and vps.fpsclasico.de site updated (remarkable notes, ironmonkey pulled the top performance so far with 35 points, 32 kills and 3 thaws, at hub3tourney1 and blaze took momentarily the top position on the individual ranking. overall strong play by ILM this night). videos tomorrow morning, have fun and thanks to everybody for participate/organize/schedule, great job :thumbsup:
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Week 4.
OKO vs Fau, Lee, pks, mywifehatesq3, aimer, semisek. Tuesday, April 27. 21.30 CEST.

ILM vs Russians. Thursday, April 29. 21.30 CEST.

Rest: Plumse, Jutuli, Saltypeanut, danger, Puff, ouunp
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, pass for that sent now, good job.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

I'd like to announce, that Venum will play instead of yUb for the rest of the unfreeze league by the following rule: "If one of the players of the team is out of the tournament for some reason (reasonable excuse), he could be changed for someone not from other team and not from bucket 1."
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure np I was actually expecting anybody from the list here to show up for your team (up to six at a time of course).
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Liza wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 13:11 Week 4.
OKO vs Fau, Lee, pks, mywifehatesq3, aimer, semisek. Tuesday, April 27. 21.30 CEST.

Map picks: hub3tourney1, dm11, bloodcovenant
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok so the fourth week of the UnFreeZe league opened with a exciting team community A vs oKo clan fight that saw a strong and in-shape team community A 2:0 victory. it started by hub3tourney1, team community A home map, that saw team community A dominating oKo for the most part with yet another devastating fau performance that oKo just couldn't find the way to stop. second map q3dm11, this time oKo pick, proved to be one of the most competitive and disputed games so far with both teams alternating almost constantly on the score and disputed virtually till the last frag. ultimately on the heat team community A with a very strong teamplay and led by a notorious aimer performance that knew how to combine almost all aspects of the game, like the sometimes overlooked mobility/item gathering, prevailed on a memorable 10:9 victory that finally gave team community A the all three points of the fight. off the record bloodcovenant the agreed tie-breaker followed and it just came to confirm the current strong form of team community A with notables performances almost from all their members and that as with the first game it just proved too much for oKo to handled this night despite their great efforts and strong plays, particularly on the second game. so overall a great fight whose outcome led to a league that very likely will be decided (the champion) this next Thursday on the highly anticipated Sbornaya Rossii against ILM clan clash. if I haven't missed any if the Sbornaya win they will mathematically become champions just waiting for the fourth place to decide. on the other hand if ILM wins that will relegate almost with total certainty the Sbornaya from the regular season tittle as either a ILM or a team community A, that with this outcome would still have some (indirect) chances, win on the last week could give the tittle to either of them. on the lower half of table believe it or not with this outcome although remotes team community B would still have some chances to overtake oKo and qualify for the next phase if oKo loses 2:0 on last week and they win 2:0. overall I don't know how people see the scoring system I implemented that apparently upset some now that this developed further but in my opinion is looking in shape and hot overall so will see how this finally turn out.

ref notes: ok so quite a few this time it seems. first it was notified this morning (the fight morning) that oKo clan top player, pursuer, had pretty much acted up just to get out of the clan which quite frankly is a shame pulling something like that off in the middle of a league among mostly all if not friends at least acquaintances. the full extend of the incident remains undisclosed but at least on my end a official fpsclasico transfer ban for this player has been issued (i.e. he can not officially so far join another clan/team here, he could however start his own clan if he feels like it) in response to that if not a ban from competition altogether if necessary in case the incident escalates. additionally note that apparently this time there has been some instances of significant lag. although they didn't affect the outcome on first game, players semisek and Venum, suffered significant connection instability and on second game players CTHULHU and Magister significant lag with consistent +150 ping values at times. surprisingly all (connectivity wise) worked good on the off-the-record game, as usual, unlucky, things that happens. also note on the ref notes that on second game oKo abused the red armor slime area to get fresh thaws/spawns beyond what's normal (i.e. a part of the game to some extend). anyways I remark is merely a note, is not like a warning or anything, is just a note so people know that in case the issue escalates and it becomes kind of a exploit (this time despite the abuse it didn't really took anything away from the fight) that could also be patched/handled on the game thus play fair. finally note too that this has been the first fight that has been played without in-game spectators (i.e. the sixth player at the gtv) for a fair play. remember that at the moment there's the possibility to setup the remaining fights of the regular season like that if everybody agrees on that but so far still not the obligation to do so (i.e. it won't be enforced so far) but for the knockout phase it will be rule (i.e. enforced) that no in-game spectators from any team will be allowed. for the rest nothing else, great games.

for the rest as usual demos here or here and the vps.fpsclasico.de server stats updated with this night games. for the rest expect the YouTube videos tomorrow in the morning at a separate thread as usual. other than that great games, great sportsmanship and a great fight. thank you everybody for participate.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

@admin what map and how you get the thaws ? Noob I am lol , sounds like good map knowledge and tactic

Lolic good player tho........
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the strategy is simple on q3dm11 (or any other similar map) while you're camping the red armor waiting for the enemy if one of your team is low on health he can go to the slime to hurt himself (hence committing suicide) then simply a have a mate to thaw him quickly to spawn fresh. everybody do it at some point, as I said, to some extend is part of the normal game (i.e. you have the draw back that if at that time the enemy shows and/or you spawn just in the middle of nowhere/miss and get thawed you too or just anything else in between, you fucked up big time), however this night oKo use of that particular strategy was a bit on the unfair/abusive side (up to nine times apparently). anyways I repeat it didn't really take anything away from the fight, in fact, in this particular case it may be even added something to it, it was great game nevertheless, though I note it as it can definitively end up becoming a issue at other fight. anyways as I said, shall be the case no big deal as I can just simply patch that too if necessary but I believe is better just this way.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:11 the strategy is simple on q3dm11 (or any other similar map) while you're camping the red armor waiting for the enemy if one of your team is low on health he can go to the slime to hurt himself (hence committing suicide) then simply a have a mate to thaw him quickly to spawn fresh. everybody do it at some point, as I said, to some extend is part of the normal game (i.e. you have the draw back that if at that time the enemy shows and/or you spawn just in the middle of nowhere/miss and get thawed you too or just anything else in between, you fucked up big time), however this night oKo use of that particular strategy was a bit on the unfair/abusive side (up to nine times apparently). anyways I repeat it didn't really take anything away from the fight, in fact, in this particular case it may be even added something to it, it was great game nevertheless, though I note it as it can definitively end up becoming a issue at other fight. anyways as I said, shall be the case no big deal as I can just simply patch that too if necessary but I believe is better just this way.

Ok I get you , I do this often , low health get killed , get thawed

Yes agreed have to be clever to get it right
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

Oko's preparation on dm11 was really good. Without Lolic it was expected that they receive more damage than give and they implemented strategy that helped them to overcome this. Suisides and quick thaws, different traps, unexpected appearances from teleports, they were successful to force us respawn far from RA. And many similar tricks.
We were a little bit lucky to win that map.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Liza wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 13:17
Liza wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 13:11 Week 4.

Map picks: hub3tourney1, dm11, bloodcovenant
Map picks: overkill, dm8, dm7.
The map order (overkill/dm8) is not decided yet. ILM will choose the map order when all of their players vote.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Good games, well played.

I don't see dying on purpose in slime as an issue or abuse, do it myself whenever I can. Only that on other maps it's a lot more risky.
To me it's just another sign that the map (q3dm11) is not suited for competitive play and leads to long, camping games with strats like this. I still believe that teams with better tactics and preparation could be more dynamic on it, but for teams at hand, including ours, this is how it plays out.

If others agree, I think it would be better to drop it next season. Our dm11 game took 33 minutes. Two other maps together took 20 minutes. I think dm11 game against Msk team was about 30 minutes too. Maybe it's just my team being slow, but I think map has something to do with it.