UnFreeZe league

UnFreeZe League 2021 History - ILM Clan Lineal Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

sounds good, as I told you at that time I'll be there to admin that, no problem, you don't need to stress about that. ok btw I renamed this to UnFreeZe league instead of tournament as I understand that finally wtf won't join and thus we're doing a mini-league of five teams plus a further final. in that regard I created a basic scoreboard here to keep track of the results. something you didn't explicitly specified (or at least I failed to notice) is how you want to score this, I'd suggest scoring 2:0 wins with 2 points and 2:1 wins with 1 point. loses are zero points in any of both cases obviously. additionally I'd suggest to tone down a bit some of the activity/participation requirements (i.e. that all the players must play every match whenever possible) as I believe that it can be difficult to implement/enforce, non convenient, lead to tensions and ultimately go against the competition. I'd suggest rewrite that to something like all the teams are encouraged to fairly engage all its members across the completion rather than a per match basis (ex. you can have your strongest members on one fight against a particular team and then may be give more time to others against another opponent) and leave that just as a guideline/code of conduct simply stating that teams found to consistently neglect their members for no reason could be penalized.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

additionally added a calendar now to the scoreboard with the suggested deadlines to keep track of the completion as well as for reference, let me know how you see that and/or if I missed something. in my opinion the intention should be to try to stick to those schedules more or less, it's not problem if we end up before and/or if there's some delay here and there but I believe that it should be important to follow something like that for the most part if not it can get really messy. the final is missing form the calendar for obvious reasons (no need to explicitly appoint a final).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, done now sent to liza match password for tomorrow and setup a permanent (apparently so far functional) gtv at address 85.10.197.109:34760 so you can all watch the fights live. additionally I made the g_doready variable votable as some requested to disable the ready functionally in case of jerks that can't get to ready ruining the game (i.e. \callvote g_doready 0 disable the ready btw don't forget to re-enable it again afterwards \callvote g_doready 1). anyways not that it really matters as I guess that for the most part I'm gonna be probably admining the fights myself but just in case. another point of interest I think that rather than the players rotation it would be important to remark and penalize teams that misses games/rage quit/ruin the game/cheat/misbehave and so on with a -1 point and a 2:0 loss on the league scoreboard for the corresponding match. I believe that it should be made clear that such behaviors will not be tolerated. this in particular applies in the event of some team win the league before it ends and decides that is "cool" to just miss and/or trash the rest of the games as it could ultimately cost it the tittle. regardless of the outcome teams must honor and respect the competition till it ends fully. other than that I think that if i haven't missed anything this should be ready to go.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

April 6, 21.30 CET.
Fau, aimer, semisek, mywifehatesq3, Lee, pks play against Russians.
Maps for the match and the sequence are:
6++, hub3tourney1, q3dm11

April 8, 21.30 CET.
Plumse, ouunp, danger, Puff, Jutuli, SaltyPeanut play against OKO.
Map picks are coming.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, I'll send you the pass for the team community B vs oKo clan fight tomorrow or so to not mess things up. initially that had came on week 4 of my calendar but it's ok, as long as everything gets noted and structured the order is probably not so important. btw I don't know if you have checked the calendar and format/rules suggestions and how you see all that?
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

@Adminless, will you record those fights? Probably other players would like to see such an event :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure as I said I look forward uploading the whole thing if possible.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Cool, thank you!
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 23:20 something you didn't explicitly specified (or at least I failed to notice) is how you want to score this, I'd suggest scoring 2:0 wins with 2 points and 2:1 wins with 1 point. loses are zero points in any of both cases obviously. additionally I'd suggest to tone down a bit some of the activity/participation requirements (i.e. that all the players must play every match whenever possible) as I believe that it can be difficult to implement/enforce, non convenient, lead to tensions and ultimately go against the competition. I'd suggest rewrite that to something like all the teams are encouraged to fairly engage all its members across the completion rather than a per match basis
You are right, I did not mention it. I guess that the easiest and transparent way is to treat a win as a win (no matter 2-0 or 2-1). If in the end 2 or more teams have the same number of wins, we look at their round difference (2-0 gives +2, 2-1 gives +1, 1-2 gives - 1 etc) . If it is the same, we look at personal matches result. If they are the same, we look at round difference in their personal matches. After that we calculate score difference, which is supposed to give final answer. I will rewrite it later in a more understand able way.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

in my opinion it was a cool way to incentive that people learn various maps (not just their home map) as well as make the second map more exciting/competitive. probably reviewing it now, may be a 2:3 points ratio for 2:1 against 2:0 wins would be some more fair. anyways if you just want to give the winner by wins alone that's also noted on the scoreboard so I guess that just for fun I'll also note the points there under that scoring system and we'll see how it turns out.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe tournament

Post by Liza »

Liza wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:02 I have a message from one of WTF clan members, that they can not participate.
However, I wait for AMI's answer.
If WTF withdraw, the alternative scenario will be activated (joining the groups, 2 best teams play the final).
Till his answer, Groups will be as they were initially designed (WTF, Russians, Fau's team and OKO, ILM, Plumse's team).
I still have not received AMI's answer. At this point I think we can say that WTF will not play in the tournament.
Liza wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 18:25 April 6, 21.30 CET.
Fau, aimer, semisek, mywifehatesq3, Lee, pks play against Russians.
Maps for the match and the sequence are:
6++, hub3tourney1, q3dm11

April 8, 21.30 CET.
Map picks are coming.
April 8, 21.30 CET.
Map picks and the order are: q3dm7, q3dm6, proq3-tourney2
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes as I notified you before by PM in firm at this point I can confirm that the 1-year wtf ban from competition at fpsclasico became effective at date the Tuesday 6 of April of 2021 14:02 CEST (UTC+02) meaning that anyways they won't be allowed on this. nevertheless thank you for the update and the statement to avoid any further confusion/discussion. btw also as for the alternative league scoring report that in light that apparently I'll score 2/3 points for wins team penalizations on my scoreboard will be of -2 points instead of -1.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

also just as a reminder whoever wants to watch the fights live can do so just doing \connect 85.10.197.109:34760 on their clients. please have fun and enjoy.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 19:18 yes as I notified you before by PM in firm at this point I can confirm that the 1-year wtf ban from competition at fpsclasico became effective at date the Tuesday 6 of April of 2021 14:02 CEST (UTC+02) meaning that anyways they won't be allowed on this. nevertheless thank you for the update and the statement to avoid any further confusion/discussion. btw also as for the alternative league scoring report that in light that apparently I'll score 2/3 points for wins team penalizations on my scoreboard will be of -2 points instead of -1.

Thought u said wtf could fight? It's in previous comments maybe even on other thread

Or you changed your decision after?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: UnFreeZe tournament

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 14:33 in light of the recent events I'd really suggest you banning wtf from this to be honest. I mean not trying to force anything, do as you please/decide of course, but tell this yourself do you really want to risk those guys completely screwing up your tournament? at least I know I wouldn't want to.
Example