UnFreeZe league

UnFreeZe League 2021 History - ILM Clan Lineal Champions
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

UnFreeZe league

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 16:12 ok, I'll setup another training session later today
I have some suggestions on the clan tournament format.
1) Players are dividend in 4 buckets: 1- the strongest (10-12 players), 2 - next 25 strongest players, 3 - next 25 strongest players, 4 - all other players.
2) The sum of the bucket numbers of the 4 Best players of the team should not be below 8 (and not above 12).
3) There should be 6 players in each team. However, matches should be either 4*4 or 5*5 format based on the participants' views and circumstances. This should allow to play in accordance with the schedule.
4) Obviously, the current ranking is bad for seeding. I suggest the average of score/min and kills/death ratios.
The top players (bucket 1) are then: WHOAMI, Miroslav, klar, plumse, walnut, ixsy, lolic, a, ouunp, cacahuete. + fau (and any other participants from msk team).

I expect from 6 to 8 teams to apply.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe tournament

Post by adminless »

go for it if you want, I'll act merely as provider and basic assistant if necessary. post moved to a separate thread.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Ok. Thnx, adminless.
Here the ranking goes:
Bucket 1 (16 players): .WTF!WhoAmI?!, Miroslav, KlarDerAbsahnr, Plumse, ^WALNUT, ixsy, oKo*lolic, a, ouunp, oKo*cacahuete, wh, korie, odin, fau, aimer, not in shape.
Bucket 2 (23 players): bishop, Mr.Smith, Infin!ty, [ILM]^ORGI69, Slash, q3noob, LASKENS, S3Savage, oKo*Magister, {Newb.zi}Semisek48, ddd, Kra7oS, [ILM]^Blaze, Facehugger, Rohadjmeg, .WTF!P0rsche!?, *, .WTF!Berkut!?, [ILM]^ironmonkey, TNT, MyWifeHatesQ3, ^())Lodgie
Bucket 3 (32 players): hssnd, ...jutuli..., .WTF!Rotten!, me, EVILdave, >FU<^Princess, silver, oKo*Ninja., .****, BritneyBitch, oKo*CTHULHU, pks, dp, s@YMon, [ILM]^Mike, *UA*SONIC, Isten Fasza, Cyproxicus, LotuX, oKo*VenUwU, [ILM]^nickaero, maczusek, oKo*yUb, C!umsy, Agi, Pier No doy Una, ^Wacky Flaky, Ziggy, DG, LittlePotato!, PUFF
Bucket 4: Other players.

If any players significant in the past join, I'll put them in bucket 2 or 3. For example, tar, nadie, balony ilony go to bucket 2.
If players that do not have enoygh statistics join, i'll put them individually based on current numbers.
The ranking was based on average Kills/Deaths and Score/min ratios as of 22.03.21.
Last edited by Liza on Tue Mar 23, 2021 17:10, edited 5 times in total.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

If the team wants to apply for a clan tournament, you need to find 6 players. The games will be either 4*4 or 5*5 (depending on the players availability). The sum of bucket numbers of 4 best players should be from 8 to 12. For example, oko*lolic (1) + oko*cacahuete (1) + oko*magister (2) + oko*Ninja (3) does not work (1+1+2+3 = 7 <8). You can take oko*Lisa (4) instead of oko*Ninja. Or you can take oKo*VenUwU (3) instead of Magister (2) to apply.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

How about just having a draft for everyone else? (select few team captains and they draft their players, one each turn)
dunno
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ouunp

Post by dunno »

fau wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:27 How about just having a draft for everyone else? (select few team captains and they draft their players, one each turn)
I would also suggest to split "first bucket" players to make sure they are not playing together, to bring more balance. Also would you count a team as a separate entity that will participate?
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

fau wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:27 How about just having a draft for everyone else? (select few team captains and they draft their players, one each turn)
Let people organize on their own at first. If a lot of people are w/o teams, we could do as you suggest. For a draft we at least need information on who is interested, which is not easy to collect.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

dunno wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 13:03
Also would you count a team as a separate entity that will participate?
What do you mean?
dunno
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ouunp

Post by dunno »

@liza

I mean is it a sort of a tournament of mix teams irrelevant to who is in what team already?
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I think everyone should be fine, if players join teams independent from their clan (if any). For example, Porsche, Berkut, Pacman, Magister, CTHULHU, Mango is a strong team, in my veiw.
P.S. In reality I expect 3 teams from OKO, WTF, ILM. And some of their players playing for other teams.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Liza wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:08 Ok. Thnx, adminless.
Here the ranking goes:
Bucket 1 (16 players): .WTF!WhoAmI?!, Miroslav, KlarDerAbsahnr, Plumse, ^WALNUT, ixsy, oKo*lolic, a, ouunp, oKo*cacahuete, wh, korie, odin, fau, aimer, not in shape.
Bucket 2 (25 players): bishop, Mr.Smith, Infin!ty, [ILM]^ORGI69, Slash, q3noob, LASKENS, S3Savage, oKo*Magister, {Newb.zi}Semisek48, .WTF!Viper++!, ddd, Kra7oS, [ILM]^Blaze, Facehugger, Sub-Zero, Rohadjmeg, .WTF!P0rsche!?, *, .WTF!Berkut!?, [ILM]^ironmonkey, TNT, BladeRunner, MyWifeHatesQ3, ^())Lodgie
Bucket 3 (33 players): hssnd, ...jutuli..., .WTF!Rotten!, me, EVILdave, >FU<^Princess, silver, oKo*Ninja., .****, BritneyBitch, oKo*CTHULHU, pks, dp, s@YMon, [ILM]^Mike, CoronaChan, *UA*SONIC, Isten Fasza, Cyproxicus, LotuX, oKo*VenUwU, [ILM]^nickaero, maczusek, oKo*yUb, C!umsy, kyra, Agi, Pier No doy Una, ^Wacky Flaky, Ziggy, DG, LittlePotato!, PUFF
Bucket 4: Other players.

If any players significant in the past join, I'll put them in bucket 2 or 3. For example, tar, nadie, balony ilony go to bucket 2.
If players that do not have enoygh statistics join, i'll put them individually based on current numbers.
The ranking was based on average Kills/Deaths and Score/min ratios as of 22.03.21.
As anoob it's agreed this grouping is

Nonsense

No offense
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I guess it is time to comment on the rating.
1) If we aim at 6 teams minimum, we need 36 players. Since half of the players do not want to participate, we consider top 72 players. We need to make the games competitive (not playing against team unfreeze to train them). If one team collects 6 players from top-20, it would not be competitive. Because the other teams will lack such skilled players.
2) The restrictions aim at bucket 1 players. If your team members are from bucket 2, this is considered competitive (but still strong). The restriction protects from team like Miro, Plumse, fau in one team. The restriction does not prohibit from fau/plumse in one team (which is already strong), but adds restrictions on player 3/4 to balance that.
3) The rating was calculated based on numbers. I tried several ways to calculate. All ways have some imperfections. For example, I consider jutuli to be stronger than bucket 2. And I do not know 'a' at all. But I needed smth. and calculated it somehow. Please, do not consider the rating as my personal view. It will be used only once. And the stat will change soon. It could be misleading for someone. But it is designed for high level (only for extreme cases) restrictions.
4) Score/min counts in unfreeze capabilities. Kills/Deaths is more about fighting skills. Long distance players usually have better kills/death figures. By taking average of the two indicators, I tried to count in every factor (still using simple calculations).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Liza wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 15:15 I guess it is time to comment on the rating.
1) If we aim at 6 teams minimum, we need 36 players. Since half of the players do not want to participate, we consider top 72 players. We need to make the games competitive (not playing against team unfreeze to train them). If one team collects 6 players from top-20, it would not be competitive. Because the other teams will lack such skilled players.
2) The restrictions aim at bucket 1 players. If your team members are from bucket 2, this is considered competitive (but still strong). The restriction protects from team like Miro, Plumse, fau in one team. The restriction does not prohibit from fau/plumse in one team (which is already strong), but adds restrictions on player 3/4 to balance that.
3) The rating was calculated based on numbers. I tried several ways to calculate. All ways have some imperfections. For example, I consider jutuli to be stronger than bucket 2. And I do not know 'a' at all. But I needed smth. and calculated it somehow. Please, do not consider the rating as my personal view. It will be used only once. And the stat will change soon. It could be misleading for someone. But it is designed for high level (only for extreme cases) restrictions.
4) Score/min counts in unfreeze capabilities. Kills/Deaths is more about fighting skills. Long distance players usually have better kills/death figures. By taking average of the two indicators, I tried to count in every factor (still using simple calculations).
Just arrange the fights lol

I don't like the server stats anyway I used to play more and scrape into top 100 , now I don't play enough I am in top noob area lol

Just need to fry some ass with LG
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I registered at discord and tried some promoting there.
Seems there is some interest (I received several messages, some of them are going to use their own team), so I look positively on it.
I'm also trying to coordinate with clans we have to confirm that they participate.
For those who is searching for a team (but does not want to state that publicly), you can write to me.
Liza#7889 – discord account
@Q3Unfreezebot – telegram bot

P.S. I also delete players from the list if they do not want to play.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

another more simple basic solution for this is just making a small cup with the current teams and if so the winner go for a special fight against team UnFreeZe or another special selection I can build in case of collisions for extra fun. I mean, that's just a opinion, nothing else.