"r_mode" inconsistency in community 64 bit version?

User's Guides & Help forum.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

"r_mode" inconsistency in community 64 bit version?

Post by i_cezar »

Hi,
I installed and currently using community 64 bit game version. I use an ultra hd 27'' 16:9 60Hz monitor. I tried the "r_mode" 16:9 options but the game/enemy looks to tall, stretched towards the hight. I like the ratio/mode of "r_mode 6" as it takes all the screen and game looks "wider" so to say. But this mode's resolution is 1024x768(4:3) and looks pretty bad on my monitor. I played like this for some weeks. So now i tried all other 4:3 ratio modes that have a higher resolution described in your original post from "Unfreeze game servers downloads and documentation" thread(r_mode 12, r_mode 15, r_mode 19). Problem is all of them leave black bands on the sides of my screen as seen in the images i provided below. I even tried "r_mode -1" with "r_customwidth" and "r_customheight" with other more wider ratios(even 2:1 lol), still game/enemy models look tall, too streched towerds the height for my personal preference. So how can i achieve "r_mode 6" with higher resolution full screen? Any help is appreciated.

Images in order they appear:
Image 1: r_mode 8(16:9 suitable ratio for my monitor, full screen, too streched towards hight for my preference)
Image 2: r_mode 19(4:3, black bands on sides of screen, not ok)
Image 3: r_mode 6(4:3, full screen, ok, resolution too low)
Attachments
20210319_222131.jpg
20210319_214504.jpg
20210319_214441.jpg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: "r_mode" inconsistency in community 64 bit version?

Post by adminless »

you can probably turn the second one into "full screen" (which is what I understand that you want) by simply instructing your graphic driver to stretch graphics instead of "keep aspect" (sample on your case obviously chose the opposite as describe there, i.e. scale to full screen).

official amd support article here, here or here.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Re: "r_mode" inconsistency in community 64 bit version?

Post by i_cezar »

It worked, thank you!
Looks much better.