[VIDEO] team UnFreeZe vs team community challenge!

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
dunno
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ouunp

Re: team UnFreeZe vs team community challenge!

Post by dunno »

Unfortunately I'm a little bit stuck out of the city due to family reasons. If somebody can replace me like Klar, that would work the best!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok all good no problem thanks for the update, yes, we will figue it out.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Great event, thank you for opportunity to watch it and get my ass kicked at the last map. WP all.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, apparently it worked (the no roam) but it also crashed the server as said I'll have to figure it out this week (at spacius), sorry about that guys. other than that great games, thank you everybody for a great training session. I'll post demos (to the best I could I had just way too many stuff opened) and upload the stats after a food break.
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ^ironmonkey »

thanks adminless for the organisation and being part of the match.
thanks to team community, you were playing awesome. didn't think we'd get that far.
my respect to team unfreeze for that great performance. you are right to present our server, we all can be proud of that.
GG
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Post by Bishop »

Thank you for organising this, and inviting me. I apologise for leaving so early, I unfortunately had some work to do.

I hope there will be more similar pews. That was a lot of good players in one spot (not including myself a one). :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np and thanks to everybody for take part on this and give team UnFreeZe a worthy training, they were great games indeed. ok here are the demos I recorded, as said recording this is lot more complex than just duels beside I was more aware of the scores/balance/server than of the recording itself thus check them out and let me know if there's some one worth for YouTube and I'll start producing them tomorrow. in my opinion the hottest recording is the last one were I ease it up a bit on the other tasks and focused more on the game.

as for the stats, they are already up at the stat site for that server vps.fpsclasico.de. so as the official results collectively team UnFreeZe cleared the training by winning all games but a 4vs5 biased last one as extra exercise after they had dominated the previous three. 10-9 was the score of the first game, pro-q3dm6, that saw a superb ixsy performance carrying for the most part his team but unfortunately it wasn't enough and ultimately team UnFreeZe prevailed after having to come from behind on the score after a difficult (biased) start. 10-9 was also the score of a second hub3tourney1 game that saw a dominating fau pulling what I would personally call the performance of the night that pretty much team community couldn't find the way to stop. with ixsy out of the game third pro-q3tourney2 game became a lot easier for team UnFreeZe that this time outperformed team community 10-7 with a on-fire klar as well as a solid group performance to clear the training with a clean 3-0 record overall. with the score settled to finish off the session as a exercise a biased 4vs5 q3dm7 game was setup were team UnFreeZe gave his best and probably played his best game so far with fau pulling yet another performance of the night but unfortunately ultimately it wasn't enough to turn the disadvantage around and untimely team community led by a solid blaze prevailed 10-8 on the team score.

ok, now individually probably as hinted in-game I'd call fau as the mvp of the session though surprisingly (well or not so surprisingly) Miroslav still came on top overall on the stats site. interesting it's also the fact that the accuracy award (both overall as well as lighting gun) went to plumse in favor of ixsy as probably expected beforehand so overall a very solid group performance for team UnFreeZe as well as a great effort for team community that pushed team UnFreeZe the right way.

ok, I think that then this should be it with this team UnFreeZe vs team community challenge, now let's take a break and get the things sorted. thank you everybody.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@bishop sure np unfortunately you could only play a warm up game but well at least I think that your connection didn't crash so better that than nothing I guess. sure as said I don't look forward getting involved on team fights organization though probably from time to time I can setup events in a similar fashion to this one so stay tune.
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Post by Bishop »

My ISP "fixed" the issue apparently, and now it's much much less frequent. But time will tell. :P
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Post by KlarDerAbsahner »

was really fun to play :) Thanks for organizing.
For me the link to the replays is not working. Perhaps its my Chrome that blocks it :?

edit: was not only fun but also very challenging. Excellent players all over the place.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Nice games, these scores show how many players are up there and how many could easily make the team. It felt very chaotic to me, there was definitely a concentration of individual skill so it was more volatile than public games. I think we should use teamspeak next time at least to help in 2v4 situations, but playing with teamspeak can make things even more chaotic when you're not used to it so I'm not sure.

I wonder how we'd do against one of unfreeze teams who are used to playing with voice comms already? I still have some doubts about my/our teamplay :P
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Post by KlarDerAbsahner »

Teamspeak is more challenging than i thought as Quake offers almost all-the-time action. Perhaps it would be good to discuss strategies beforehand. But as things evolve so quickly and unpredictable, a fixed strategy might not work. So only in case of really important information it might be helpful, or perhaps in 2v2.
I use teamspeak in strategy games usually. Its much easier there. The Quake game situation just develops so fast and you rather might confuse your mate.
Still ... perhaps its also a matter of experience and training. So I will definitely will train with teamspeak for a good communication to optimize the overall teamplay. 8-)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi

i thought the game was very balanced. there are quite a few good players actively playing on these servers. I was really able to tell some skill differences but overall very balanced. KlarderAbsahner and I were in teamspeak and we tried certain things together which worked sometimes and we also learnt that a few strategies dont seem to work. I think to make it more competetive we should all be using teamspeak next time. make some strategies and rules on how to use teamspeak and we would be much better off against moscow.

best regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@klar I'm sad to hear that, I'm sorry, yes, may be probably under some (security for example) settings browsers can block altogether public fps links, that's why in addition to provide the ftp trough ftp protocol itself is also provided through https which should be universally supported so basically you can access the same files also here instead that should work for sure, if not just let me know. anyways at the end of the day you guys (all) paid for the whole server (workstation included) so we'll use the whole server thus don't worry that finally I just started producing them (all) now and they will be at YouTube at night probably and then the waiting game will start. YouTube typically takes around 24/48 hours just to digest 10 mins of 2021 HD quality footage (yes, absurd) then basically expect them posted here by the Wednesday 17 of March of 2021 at 20:00 CET (UTC+01) approx. the last one will probably take a little more time, as it was longer, but YouTube also allow you to publish sooner only that then the vids look like total shit until you complete the "waiting game". anyways, just saying, these I won't add them to the fpsclasico video as I don't think it should be necessary but those of the real fight will for sure.

@fau true team community exceeded and beat the expectation on team performance on the other hand as I said, I feel like team UnFreeZe only really started to play as a team by the second half of the session. anyways at the end of the day that was exactly the purpose of the training that you got to play together as a team and I think that you ultimately succeeded on that.

ok, then I think that we've finally got the list for team UnFreeZe for this fight, miro, fau, klar, ouunp, plumse and blaze. aimer and the undead have been removed from the list, at least temporarily, aimer first because he's unavailable for this weekend and secondly because unfortunately he was mostly outperformed at the training session by other players that probably deserve to be on the list more at the moment and the undead basically because he is nowhere to be seen yet after a week (no activity, no contact, no showing, no anything basically), I mean, I don't blame him, after he had spent top euro to upgrade his equipment to broadcast the fight at 1080p60 later find the mess the previous organization was, I'm way sure he probably got even more mad than I did myself so unfortunately I'll stop counting him in. in the other hand plumse played already for team UnFreeZe and additionally I also promoted blaze from team community to team UnFreeZe so far at least in a effort to have a backup plan shall be the case we can not meet the team. I mean, I think he showed, he completed the full training, he even led team community to a game victory when the circumstances called for it and overall he was probably the toughest opposition to team UnFreeZe both to my personal impression in-game as well as synthetically (although the ranking is by no means perfect, it gives you at least a orientation/idea, he ultimately displayed a synthetically rating/performance on par with plumse and ended with a almost flat record but while playing against the stronger team not while playing for it). my feelings are that he actually earned at least to be selected for the final list as potential player shall he be needed in case of absences.

well and pretty much that's it with this then I think that probably the plan by now is waiting to hear from klar finally what day he is available this weekend to play this (please let us/let me know when you can/know) and probably try to schedule the team and the final fight around that date. ideally I think the plan is to line up miro, fau, klar and either ouunp or plumse, if not possible then try to compensate some absence with blaze and ultimately if everything fails then simply delay it and regroup. anyways don't worry that I'll PM the members of the team here about this as the week progress.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

@adminless are you sure you're encoding video according to this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en ? For me it usually doesn't take more than an hour - two for a video to become available in full hd. I think they prioritize videos that are uploaded with "correct" encoding (especially mp4 fast start).