Spawns after a round ends

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Plumseh

Spawns after a round ends

Post by Plumseh »

Hi,

This topic is mostly directed to adminless as a suggestion.

Firstly - hi, long-time no see! Good to be back playing on unfreeze after a couple of years :)

On to my point, we all know how chaotic it gets when the server is full and there's rocket spamming going everywhere. I typically don't have an issue with that but I'm sure I'm not alone in this scenario: The round has been going on for a couple of minutes, there's 2 people alive from the enemy team, you see it tick down to 1 and a new round is about to begin. Suddenly you realize you are all alone in the area and you know what's about to happen. The entire enemy team spawns on top of you and just completely obliterates you, regardless of how much hp/armor you had or how fast you try to rocket jump away. A great reward for surviving the previous round!

My suggestion is once the round ends, respawn both teams at the same area, survivors of previous round included. Of course, respawn the survivors with the same amount of ammo/hp/armor they were at the end of the previous one so that the balance is kept. Any arguments against that, adminless? (or anyone else)

PS. "Plumseh" because I forgot my previous log in haha
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Spawns after a round ends

Post by adminless »

yes long time no see, glad to have you back. mmm I haven't thought about that but just some quick thoughts are that probably it would (or at least it could) break people's games, say that you were saving the red armor for the round to end and picking up but instead you get "teleported" (i.e. respawned somewhere else) big :( + :cry: beside feeling a bit weird/not always being (feasibly) possible to respawn all the team in the same spot so I'm not really convinced. anyways as usual thank you for the feedback and the suggestions.

as for the Plumse account I sent you now a password reset message for it at the email I have register it at the forum. so if you still have that email you should of be able to recover it.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

"Suddenly you realize you are all alone in the area and you know what's about to happen. " :D You described it nicely, really.

It also sometimes annoy me when the whole enemy team spawns in to my face, but i used to think about it as a part of the game. Personally I would not change it, mainly because it is quite big change for the gamestyle players are used to, and can make some confusion / disagreement / displeasure.
Plumse
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Plumse »

Thanks adminless, back in now!

And I can see that point of view as well, you're right. Well, just something to think about I suppose, maybe others can chime in and see what's the general opinion ^^
dunno
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ouunp

Post by dunno »

When there are 1-2 enemies left alive and I'm presumably on next respawn of opposing team (keep in mind it may change depending on the location of your team's players) then it's my risk I'm willing to take. Usually I'm looking for that last opponent to end the round and sometimes I pay the price. :)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Actually recently as my good friend corona found we both spawned on each other , easy targets

But yes would be great if weapons reset after a round but not health
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

This spawning is usual and normal and you will get used to it (hope). Weird thing is sometimes the autobalance. It happens sometimes that we have 2 bots in team for a while, second team has normal players, obviously we lost the round and after a while balance get to normal... I will try make a screenshot when it happen again.

Post by Guest »

...jutuli... wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 This spawning is usual and normal and you will get used to it (hope). Weird thing is sometimes the autobalance. It happens sometimes that we have 2 bots in team for a while, second team has normal players, obviously we lost the round and after a while balance get to normal... I will try make a screenshot when it happen again.
That's because somebody had disconnected and those players are replaced by bots that round.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, that's the answer while the player designed to be switched is engaged on combat (and therefor the switch has to be delayed until he is not) the system makes up for that by a adding a imaginary player (i.e. a bot) instead that can later be dispatched at will basically.
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

If you reset ammo I can camp on that red armor window from dm14 for weeks.
The game is balanced because of the fact that health does not regenerate. You cand expect teams to dominate b2b if it would.
The ideea of respawning in the same place gives me counter strike vibes, and I don't want that, next thing we rush b.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Návštěvník wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:19
...jutuli... wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 This spawning is usual and normal and you will get used to it (hope). Weird thing is sometimes the autobalance. It happens sometimes that we have 2 bots in team for a while, second team has normal players, obviously we lost the round and after a while balance get to normal... I will try make a screenshot when it happen again.
That's because somebody had disconnected and those players are replaced by bots that round.
I know that, but when teams were (i.e.) 7 vs 8 and smbody disconnect from team wth. 7 players, usualy one from the second team is dispatched to weaker team. But when round is played i.e. 7 vs 7 and there are 2 bots in one team... this is weird. Not for a moment, but for whole round.
Plumse
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Plumse »

Ca+hode wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:35 If you reset ammo I can camp on that red armor window from dm14 for weeks.
The game is balanced because of the fact that health does not regenerate. You cand expect teams to dominate b2b if it would.
The ideea of respawning in the same place gives me counter strike vibes, and I don't want that, next thing we rush b.
Haha, the way the game is played right now when the server is full IS pretty much counter strike. Everyone camps a particular area and covers the exits. You can only start roaming once there's like 4-5 people left on each team. And again, my suggestion was to respawn the surviving players close to their team with the same amount of hp/armor/ammo they had at the end of the round so the balance is kept.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

The scenario you described activated PTSD😄. I made a rule to my game: when spawn at start of the round i try to do some chip damage if possible in the crowded area. Then i rotate to catch some players, i go for solo plays like that often. When i see 2 or 1 players left i return to the area where my team is. And sometimes i can't do it in time🙂. For me it's the natural flow of the game at this point, and if i succeed i have some feel of continuity. Sure it's frustrating to be fragged like that but forces the player to come up with a plan which maybe it's a good thing. There is another more frustrating situation, when i respawn in the enemy team area at the start of the round. But then again when the server is full i try to wait a couple of moments for all players to respawn and after spawn spots clear a bit i join in(don't know if that really aligns with the logic from the back of the game). It's an interesting suggestion by the OP nevertheless.
P.S. my nick in game is 'blaze' if anyone wonders
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@ca+hode yes that's a good/right answer there too.

@blaze yes that's also a good/right answer/suggestion.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi everyone

suggestion for the spawn / respawn: allow only the same number (or +1) of spawn / respawn as surviving players per zone, but that must be surely very complex to achieve I imagine ...

for the automatic reassortment of ammunition for all at each new round, this should not give an additional advantage to the dominant team ...

As mentioned ... jutuli ... it happens that a team plays with 2 bots following the disconnection of one or more players which is regulated in the next round in general, but I wanted to specify that it happens rarely does this team imbalance last more than 2 rounds with these 2 bots in a team and no new connection / disconnection changes ...

for the balance of the teams I notice from time to time when the server is half full or very little full, an imbalance of the teams due to the distribution of the players in the teams, this is much less the case, it is less visible when the server is full, this is sometimes demotivating for me (and I admit that my fighting spirit is not always at its maximum) I unfortunately have no solution to propose to this occasional imbalance ...

best regards
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"