don't ban ixsy

Cheaters Reports Discussion forum.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: ban ixsy

Post by PacMan »

fau wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 17:36 To be honest I don't consider lg balanced on unfreeze - most players can't use it and don't even bother to learn it, sg or plasma have more utility. By balanced I mean the idea that "holy trinity" of rl/lg/rg should be dominant weapons. But that's fine, I accept the way it is. Changing it would annoy a lot of players here, who tuned their playstyle and skills to these settings.
LG practice is all your fault , I don't bother with stays except my LG stats haha , you motivated me lol
Alexander
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Alexander »

Good evening guys!

First of all, I don't use any hax, and probably any experienced player will easily confirm that.

In the next place, I came here with only one intent - to check servers before our friendly show match. Thus there is no need in searching out any other connotations or potential offence from my side.

Lastly, I'm very pleased by the fact you are comparing me with your top players, considering how it's uncomfortable for me to play there, especially being mostly CTF/CA promode player without a decent expirience on your popular maps. Physics is completely different from what I'm used to and latency is significantly higher. Also the weapon balance is dramatically biased towards RL and regular dodging doesn't work, probably because of bigger hitbox/splash area.

BTW someone asked my cfg, so I'll just leave it here (but notice it is for osp mod).
Attachments
ix.cfg
(13.61 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

oooo I think I have the biggest lg 95% recently it was and 100%: D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@ixsy yeah I know although changes may be subtle overall this is a completely different mod from what you're used to (I mean from what you've commented) when taken to that extreme, however, overall I find it well balanced (I mean, or said other way, I find the other mods absurdly/very heavily unbalanced towards insta weapons). anyways thank you for the feedback and welcome to the forum and sorry for bashing your other chapo guy at the other thread heavy, I got really mad at him.
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

Request to change post in `don't ban ixsy` :angel: :?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: don't ban ixsy

Post by adminless »

@fau sorry I had missed this. I don't know but from what I saw lg shouldn't be that overpowered as it was displayed on some of the other videos at the other thread or how this guy is pretending to use it, in my opinion, that looks like a clear unbalance. I mean, my understanding is that the lg was that overpowered on the original game because of two things, first the fact that I think that it was the most scarce weapon on the game (of the original maps I think that only the tier four/1.27 pro tier maps and q3dm14 feature it, and even so, very limited) and secondly because of the lag of the era that it made it lot less effective than what it's today (even without lag compensation code). ok, so now the balance problems arise when not only you give a ton of it at the start but you also add unlagged to the mix making it work perfectly when you do that then in my opinion yes you have to tone it down or you simply end with a insta-only game which is not how it's supposed to be. overall that's how I see it but anyways thank you for the feedback.

@ca+hode ok done.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 20:16 from what I saw lg shouldn't be that overpowered
I absolutely agree, if the server is oriented on average player. Playing against a skilled player with overpowered lg is no fun.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes as I said my feelings are that sure while the lg must be a(nother) main weapon of choice it shouldn't be powered just till the point that running around the map frying random people become the dominant/winning strategy of the game as these guys seem to be doing it. I'm not gonna start another flame/blame war but I don't think Quake III Arena is meant to be played like that and at least I do remember from the good old school days (i.e. Rocket Arena 3 for example) that lg wasn't like that and that the lg wasn't as dominating but more as portrayed on UnFreeZe. and as the guy in charge of the game design/maintenance here quite frankly that doesn't even look good/fun to me rather more just that, exploitative gaming of unbalanced settings. so as I see it I think that the lg at UnFreeZe is fairly balanced, I mean, this guy mastering that strategy for 12 hours came no other than number 3/4 here which is a very fair result not a minor one. obviously to truly master the whole game you're gonna need to bring some more than just mastering a particular weapon/strategy. anyways while we're at it I also drop here the main event of the day where finally this ixsy guy clashed with whoami for the first time I think. as expected whoami came clearly on top and maintained his room dominance despite the new opposition and lower tier connectivity. btw I think that this is also a good opportunity to show off that "the weapon balance is (not so) dramatically biased towards RL" as some outsiders might claim it to be. regardless of the weapons adjustments whoami dominated the game without a dominating/overpowering rocket game. overall the point is just make rockets that aren't useless so there's always a rich variety of options and strategies as well as accommodate the game to a broader group of gamers and play styles than just a basic (almost exploitative) specific play style/strategy and have a overall balance. of course I know that's a very ambitious goal to accomplish so I might or might not always succeed at it but at least that's the idea.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-03-10 18-35-51.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-10 11-29-26.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-10 11-29-17.png
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

also let's be fair and don't always cast him in a negative light or try to undermine him, he nevertheless also had his chances and his victories too and pulled remarkable games. well I think I'm done with metrics analysis, as I said, overall I see it fairly balanced if I would have to change something probably it would just be add two extra grenades to help make these guys come out of their caves. other than that I see it fine.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-03-10 18-36-27.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-10 18-36-19.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-10 18-36-12.png
ANIMAL666
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: Animal666

Post by ANIMAL666 »

:shock: я так же думал про whoaml парень тоже из россии жосткий мне с пингом 100 тяжело играть
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

net, on polskiy.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

There are players in top10 who don't use lg at all, but probably there is not a single player who doesn't use railgun or rocket launcher. Can you imagine being in top10 without rl or rg? Sounds like an interesting challenge.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

That would be fun to make one complete game just with infinite MG. It was my favorite from dm17 ffa...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@fau hehe that's some serious challenge indeed and yes I agree that overall people should also use the lg more, not till the extreme explained/shown, but probably some more, at least after you landed a couple of rockets or a rail on the guy if you know what I'm saying. I mean, probably among other things, that's how I always understood why that weapon was there for. probably that won't make any player top per-se but it can definitively bring the difference among the top players in the long run I think (as I said nothing is perfect, I can not foreseen everything/be always right so we'll see but overall I see it fairly balanced). good input.
Doom_id
User lv1
User lv1

Post by Doom_id »

Hi,
Can anyone check the nickname "Miroslav"? I have a strong suspicion that he is using cheating. Thank you.