fpsclasico.eu quakelive servers

quakelive forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

fpsclasico.eu quakelive servers

Post by adminless »

ok with some months of delay but I finally replaced the extinct Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory server with a quakelive one. at the moment the server is pretty much just standard theatreofpain dedicated clan arena server, no fancy/custom stuff. currently the server is 24/7 one map, theatreofpain, only dedicated, the intention is to rotate it from "time to time", let's say each some weeks/monthly, to other maps if there's enough interest. also in the future if things get going here it can be possible to tune this a bit further and as usual if on the other hand it doesn't it's likely to be replaced by something else.

so that's it, I feel like this should do the job by now, check it out and feel free to drop here (as well as on this sub-forum) your suggestions/requests for this server or just anything else you want to talk about it.

Server Information: https://qlstats.net/server/93.186.198.129:27974
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Re: fpsclasico.eu quakelive servers

Post by Agi »

hello @admin

Are you still running Quake Live servers?
,,Sorry, that server wasn't found!"
Was looking for them on gametracker and came here to ask.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

found, nevermind :)
quakelive.fpsclasico.eu:27968
LockDown
User lv1
User lv1

Post by LockDown »

Hello,
Nice, when freezetag server on quakelive ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think on qlive clan arena (i.e. Rocket Arena 3) plays much better than ftag so a "UnFreeZe" kind of thing server there would probably fall very short from the well know q3 version offered here. anyways, given the overall lack of activity at the fpsclasico server may be one day I give it a shot at setting up something else besides ca and see if it does some better than the current setup. thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum.
LockDown
User lv1
User lv1

Post by LockDown »

First I will give you a big thank for the great gift to q3a community.

I've got a ftth connection at home and I have a linux server running h24. I've tried to setup a freezetag server with same options you offers on q3a (standard maps qeapons/ammo gl timings etc) serves. I still stuck on some settings such like limiting vote on only some features, weapon drops on kills and tring to enable spectate while frozen. I've tried google with no success for those settings. Do you got some cvars settings about those ? Please feel free to send me some advice I will appriciate.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unfortunately I do not provide admin/server support only end-user/client issues here.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Hey, I'd suggest removing bots from quakelive server. People simply don't play this way there - they look for empty server and join if they have good ping or someone is playing already. With bots nobody will join you if you go there to wait for an opponent, because it shows there are 2 players already and bots have strange names. Unless it's on purpose to reserve it for "private" matches.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well I think the duels one is doing good (i.e. ok, comparable to the [classic] masters one), the ca one yes it's totally death and it has always been. I highly doubt that will make any meaningful difference but sure I guess that it's probably worth trying anyways and see what really happens. ok, no big deal, bots just disabled now on both servers and we'll see, I don't think that for the duels will really change anything but may be for the ca one is better suited (as bots were totally random/alien there). anyways, speaking of the ca server, I was rather thinking as well to finally replace it with something else as that server as it's, it's totally useless so think as well if you would be interested in some other server there (as said the duels one will stick as is as it's just fine). I'm not gonna spend big time on this but probably I wouldn't mind trying a ffa server or something else instead of ca there and see if that does some better.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I see. I had in mind duels server, didn't even know about ca one.
I think with any bigger gametype than duel it's very tricky. Players play their favorite server and they probably won't join a random new one. I sometimes play ffa and it's always the same server with the same people. I can offer no suggestions how to make the ca/ffa server more popular without much effort.

But for a duel any server goes as long as it is configured properly and has low ping so I'll certainly start playing there. If you say some people played it then maybe there are some who enjoyed playing vs bots? Who knows. I'm sure you will monitor how the change affected popularity yourself.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes basically I guess I'll just leave it like that without bots for a few days to see if the changes kick in and if not probably I'll just add the bots again but with the standard names this time which seemed to be your other point on your comment. that can probably be a good options too so we'll see, thanks for the input.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well rather than "some days" this ended up sticking more like "some months" instead so I reviewed it now and at least on the duel server it made no real difference (it mostly continued being played here and there all the same) however on the clan arena one it really felt like it performed considerably worse. so basically I reverted the changes at least partially on the duel one (bots but with default names as commented) and completely on the clan arena server now and if so I'll evaluate it although I probably doubt there's much else left to do with these servers. as a bonus hopefully at least this time I finally completed the fpsclassico status page for those servers, both the clan arena one as well as the masters one, for some solid monitoring now of those servers as well which was unceremoniously missing so now you can properly track them there (the players value there only count humans, bots, if present are displayed on parenthesis along with the humans) as well as following some potential events that might be played there.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, as a small update here for this season after the previous server failure this weekend I finally completed setting up all the server that will normally run on the new machines and brought up together a new FFA and CTF quakelive servers as well as obviously the old quakelive masters server (duel) and the quakelive Rocket Arena 3 style server (i.e. clan arena on classic maps) that I already had in the previous weeks so those interested check them out and let me know if anything as usual. overall I think they turned out pretty good, the ctf one will replace the previous openarena one that had been virtually death for years already so there was really no point by 2023 to continue running that beside obviously as the natrual extension of the standard Quake III Arena fpsclassico ctf server now instead running the full tier of top community custom maps that comes with quakelive. all the same the ffa I set it up with exotic maps not so normally played (both in Quake III Arena as well as in quakelive) instead of the most usual ones for extended fun. overall I spend the weekend setting them up/testing them and I think they turned out pretty good, definitively worthy additions particularly for the long run. finally as well as with the new csgo servers you can currently monitor them (to some extend not in the same real time way as with the inside master) on the dedicated forum steam tab. have fun.