Banned

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Re: Banned

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Yes, I was also pretty tipsy that night. I'm also here to support "me", it was just innocent fun among a bunch of drunk old timers, Pier chewing me about being a crap father, etc :lol: ...was a fun evening, love those spontaneous events. I don't think anyone really cared at the time, and "me" eventually stopped once he had enough, which wasn't that long.

I was actually having good giggles about how creative he was to hide there (sorry, it was only about my 2nd time on that map ever) and tried my best to get behind the same wall - but failed multiple times miserably. Looks like that's a good thing :D

But yes, I don't recall anyone being upset at all, and "me" is a good dude in general so it wasn't the typical a-hole type "I want the most frags" type of rookie idiot we normally get with these bugs.

Ofc I also totally respect the rules, and not asking anything, I'm only here for moral support to keep "me"'s credit score clean, if possible.

Respectfully,
Sober Dr. until July!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Dr.GreenThumb wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 13:47 Yes, I was also pretty tipsy that night. I'm also here to support "me", it was just innocent fun among a bunch of drunk old timers, Pier chewing me about being a crap father, etc :lol: ...was a fun evening, love those spontaneous events. I don't think anyone really cared at the time, and "me" eventually stopped once he had enough, which wasn't that long.

I was actually having good giggles about how creative he was to hide there (sorry, it was only about my 2nd time on that map ever) and tried my best to get behind the same wall - but failed multiple times miserably. Looks like that's a good thing :D

But yes, I don't recall anyone being upset at all, and "me" is a good dude in general so it wasn't the typical a-hole type "I want the most frags" type of rookie idiot we normally get with these bugs.

Ofc I also totally respect the rules, and not asking anything, I'm only here for moral support to keep "me"'s credit score clean, if possible.

Respectfully,
Sober Dr. until July!

Naughty green , wtf hides for no one , no need for holes to hide in

What will our boss Ami think........
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Damit, true. I do 50 pushups now for penalty... :(
me

Post by me »

lol Green, yes, was totally that.
I was feeling tempered drunk itchy mood like "hey, hey, look at me, look at me, I know a hole in tha map! Haha you can't get me, na na na!"
lol silly me I admit, and silliness may come alongside with age and wine :D
Anyway thanks for your reply, missing you guys already

Cheers
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I think I'll patch that in few days when I have time (I'll let you know) so as you seem to be on good terms with most here if you decide to collaborate on this and when I patch it test it out and get back to me if it worked or not I think I can unban you tomorrow. let me know if you're interested.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

me wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 16:54 lol Green, yes, was totally that.
I was feeling tempered drunk itchy mood like "hey, hey, look at me, look at me, I know a hole in tha map! Haha you can't get me, na na na!"
lol silly me I admit, and silliness may come alongside with age and wine :D
Anyway thanks for your reply, missing you guys already

Cheers
I think you should be banned for commenting as a guest , sign up , your ass is ass for the taking once I see you
me

Post by me »

adminless wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 18:56 I think I'll patch that in few days when I have time (I'll let you know) so as you seem to be on good terms with most here if you decide to collaborate on this and when I patch it test it out and get back to me if it worked or not I think I can unban you tomorrow. let me know if you're interested.
For sure and thank you in advance. I assume you know the exact spot, if not, the entrance is on the right side of that part above after you come from the low jumpers. You can only enter there ducked or croutched from the right edge of that semi-circled wall and after that you can't move, so its bot sized, and once there you can shot out but take no damage from outside-in, as the wall code map takes the shot damage. I think it was made on purpose for some reason, back in the time of development (as well as many things about this game), but the rest remain history. Fun fact, i used that same spot to detect wallhackers when i had my server back in the 2000's. You can see from the inside-out but you can't be seen from the outside-in.
Let me know here when you've patched it and i'll test it.

Cheers
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, I also remember it from the late 2000's, however over the years it looked like it had lost popularity/gone, I mean, at least q3dm9 ran for over a year at UnFreeZe or so without issues (it got removed due to lack of popularity/quality not because of the bug). anyways, for some reason it seems like it doesn't work on my local installment, only on the on-line servers, which still adds more to the confusion. probably it's just buggy compiled map brushes that trigger a engine collision error when client/server position rounding/clamping mismatch due latency under some circumstances. ok, I just applied a quick patch now for that and I also removed your ban as I understand that the bug is supposedly gone. I've been testing it and so far and it pretty much renders the exploit completely useless to me then please let me know at what time you can test it out so I give some playtime to q3dm9 (generally it only loads for server, almost, full which obviously is not anytime) and you can get back to me with your findings. if that doesn't make it, I probably can just change it and/or make a better patch. for the rest, I can only express my apologies here for the events that took place at the Saturday 3 of January of 2021 20:35:50 CET q3dm9 game in glacius that got it completely ruined.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I can't get into the wall there - single player
me

Post by me »

I'm there now and i can still enter in the wall gap at some limit point, then I got squished before I enter completely, as part of the bot and weapon, before I get squished, is still visible from outside. So right now, still isn't a complete physical map patch in the wall, as it can still be entered, but rather a consequence of doing it (being squished if you go further from a limit point).
In between, i want to express my apologies for this, as I didn't had any intention for this to happen this way rather than fun. Sorry for all the inconvenience and won't happen ever again from my part.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thanks for get back to me, I know that's what I meant by "rendering the exploit completely useless", as soon as you hide there you get crushed to another dimension. yes I didn't go too overdrive with the spot as to avoid people crashing against the wall getting crushed out of nowhere but I guess that should fix this by now. as I said, if it doesn't and people is found exploiting it then I'll just patch too the entrance/corner or, I'll write a better patch.

Post by Guest »

I agree, still is a very good solution as it is. I wouldn't put the limit too near the wall entrance as can make inadvertently happen to someone near that spot while in game action.
Excellent work.
PREPARE LOSS :D

Post by PREPARE LOSS :D »

HEY adminless
how did you turn demo into video with sound? we are more interested in this topic. thx! :wave:

@me : ;) ;) ;) :D :D :shh:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

if using some of the well know provided clients you can do that with the \video command (and then \stopvideo to stop the recording) once watching a demo obviously.

Post by Guest »

and I wonder why the demo is not recorded in the graphics card program only in dm68 and it does not play on such textures for sure :)