Why only a few maps?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Blitz
Unleveled User

Why only a few maps?

Post by Blitz »

Dear Adminless? Why only a few maps?
Please put more maps into the map pool, from either glacius map pool or vanilla/team q3 map pool. PLEASE!
Many of us just would like more maps.

Thanks for the reply.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Why only a few maps?

Post by adminless »

this has been discussed more than long enough, unfortunately those are the only good maps provided on the standard Quake III Arena installation and people just can't play maps they don't have installed, after all may be there's actually a reason why glacius is so death despite being exactly the same server. so, no, unfortunately there's no plans to add any more maps at the mainstream servers if you want to play other maps I'd suggest you to go to glacius instead.
oKo*Lisa
User lv2
User lv2

Post by oKo*Lisa »

Dear Adminless :wave:

Why are there no DM12, DM15 and DM19 maps on unfreeze/spacius?
I assume there are reasons for this. For example, DM12 is a large map and the water area is much larger than other maps, which can be inconvenient, but it might be interesting when the server is full on 22/22. But the DM15 seems to me to be suitable for unfreeze/freefun. And the DM19 is somewhat reminiscent of DM17 and could diversify the spacius server. Maybe someone will agree with me too, but I have not seen anyone interested in the maps I have listed.

Thanks in advance for a reply :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hello and welcome to the forum

you have dm12/dm15 available at the training1 on-line server (look it up here) where they work out much better. unfortunately dm12 ran like for half a year due popular demand a year ago and as can be read here it end up being removed as it killed the server for good (would have just loaded a couple of times more and this site wouldn't even exist anymore as we speak). dm19 in the other hand doesn't even look like a commercial finished map to me, may be for the single player just for fun and to exhibit the flight power up can be a choice but it clearly falls extremely short for any kind of serious gaming. so that's it, I think that for now as mentioned your best options are to give a chance to the other servers as well as obviously show up when glacius runs (currently Fridays 20:30 CET-223:30 CET and Sundays 19:15 CET-21:45 CET) that plays all on the best and most popular custom maps ever.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

DM12 did not work. Too much time frozen. Performance per minute 50% from other maps.
nattvday
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: oKo*Mango/Mango/nattvday

Post by nattvday »

Unfreeze main server is like so full in the evenings and nights (which is great!) but then same maps are loading over and over again and to be honest it's getting bit boring. :(
adminless wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 21:45 this has been discussed more than long enough, unfortunately those are the only good maps provided on the standard Quake III Arena installation and people just can't play maps they don't have installed, after all may be there's actually a reason why glacius is so death despite being exactly the same server. so, no, unfortunately there's no plans to add any more maps at the mainstream servers if you want to play other maps I'd suggest you to go to glacius instead.
Lots of same players play almost every night and we are like a small family now. :) The forum is pretty active and lots of discussions are going on.
That being said I think many people playing on the servers (Unfreeze 1st and 2nd) wouldn't have any problem with installing new custom maps (which is, let's be honest, very easy - you just copy the files to baseq3 folder).

I understand that this topic has been discussed many many times - but I would reconsider it and think of adding maybe 2 custom maps (esp. for full server so people can enjoy something new). When playing we talk about it from time to time and I think almost everyone from regular players is craving for a change and a change is inevitable part of life. :D
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Ola Natty ;) I think Glacius parties are enough for some change against everyday routine. I am not sure if you was already there as Mango (or other fruit...;))

Code: Select all

https://forum.fpsclassico.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=729
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think jutuli answer on this is on point overall I could understand that few years ago when pretty much here you had UnFreeZe and nothing else but just as I commented there's actually various other servers here that work on a daily basis beyond the UnFreeZe one/s and that's not even to mention the regular glacius set ups twice a week yet UnFreeZe remain unquestionably at the top of all of that. that in my opinion it should clearly tell you something, people play those maps/game all day because that's what they want and chose to play not because other alternatives aren't offered and/or they can't chose anything else. that's the fact, dm12 got removed for a reason, custom maps got moved from UnFreeZe2 (btw just look where UnFreeZe2 is now yet with custom maps was death, laughable) to a separate server, glacius, that also in turn ended up getting replaced by spacius for a reason and so on. thus sure, I'm in for changes and try more things and overall enhance the game that being said I'm not in to keep trying stuff have been more than proven already for a fact that it doesn't work and keep making the same mistakes over and over again just for the shake of it so don't confuse the former with the later. other than that in-tune with jutuli answer I really feel like the 2020+ servers do really offer a overall complete and varied gaming experience to the best Quake III Arena has to offer.