Unofficial ioquake3 launcher for MAC osx ?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Ornib
User lv1
User lv1

Unofficial ioquake3 launcher for MAC osx ?

Post by Ornib »

Hello,
I have a Linux PC and a MAC, for a few weeks I have tested the launcher "Ioquake3-intel.x86_64" which has improved performance. Is there a version planned for OSX?
Thank you for your reply :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Unofficial ioquake3 launcher for MAC osx ?

Post by adminless »

not really unfortunately, sorry about that. I know that I notably left mac users out of this but unfortunately I don't even have a mac myself to test it out so even if I would produce a mac version I couldn't even assure its functionality/debug it or basically just do anything about it. consequently it wouldn't make much sense and/or eventually will result in poor quality and/or support. yeah over the years, the past season, I looked into producing a mac version too (as well as for other systems) for the current release but unfortunately I didn't complete that task and I ended up abandoning it eventually (just as I got messed up in something else here). let's see if finally some day I can come up with some mac version unfortunately such day looks very far probably and like i said don't get your hopes very high about that anyways.

I believe that currently at the moment most of my work here has been of consolidation rather than grow up. I believe probably my current priorities are providing quality end user support and assure the quality and functioning of what this actually is rather than what it could be (but it's or it's still not) through this forum support as well as migrating a new web server I've been working on lately and maintenance/review tasks. after that, hopefully, I hope I can resume some client work/grow up tasks. unfortunately, like I said other times, though my intentions are good, it's not always possible to address absolutely everything.

anyways so far for mac I can suggest you two different external versions, first of all get the current UnFreeZe version, ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip, and for the binary you can either have the official idSoftware binary, quake3-1.32c.zip (very recommended), or eventually if you're not so satisfied with that and/or prefer to try modern community code you can have yourself a official ioQuake3 mac build, ioquake3 1.36.dmg (not so recommended but worth trying anyways), which at least I guess it should be tested and so.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Unofficial ioquake3 launcher for MAC osx ?

Post by adminless »

ok, as an update about this topic just letting you know that this year finally I added 64 bits PC (aka "Intel") macOS support from version 10.6 "Snow Leopard" onward on the new fpsclasico community client you can download here. in case you already downloaded most of that stuff and/or you just wanna give a quick try only to the app without having to download the whole package you can as well download it here though the only recommended and tested installment is that of the full package. additionally if instead of a app you rather prefer a binary console installment you can as well grab the relevant files from this fpsclasico ftp folder. please notice about this that you need ioquake3-osx.x86_64, libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib and baseq3/qagamex86_64.dylib located at the relative root of your Quake III Arena/UnFreeZe/fpsclasico installment like that and in any case please refer to the readme/notes on the packages for instructions on getting started and common problems. ok, hope that helps, overall I think it turned out pretty good so next time you're around make sure to give that a spin and let me know if you have any problems now running this on a mac.