Miroslav vs fau superfight/lineal champion tittle fight

fpsclassico masters 20 - fau champion, Miroslav undisputed
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Miroslav vs fau superfight/lineal champion tittle fight

Post by adminless »

ok, so finally as it spawned at the end of the last Winter 21 cup I reached miroslav here at the forum for a potential superfight against current champion fau and he reached back saying he's also in for doing that. provided that due the current situation restrictions/lockdowns are the norm pretty much all over the world these days I think that this can be a great opportunity to spice the things up and have some fun during these difficult times. previously fau said he was also interested in continue participating here thus pretty much all I see left to do here is just come to a particular date to make this fight happen then I'd appreciate if you (miroslav and fau) can provide an update on your current availability for this special fight. initially I think the next Sunday 7 of February of 2021 at some time on the evening, let's say at 18:00 CET for example, can be a good date if both of you can be available. probably right this weekend is too rushed beside I'm also dealing at the moment with the new 64 bits/macOS fpsclasico package so I'd rather focus and properly finish/oversee that before getting involved on organizing another event. I think the next weekend probably should be just fine for everybody so you also have some time to prepare yourselves and get into it then let me know.

other than that I think that both of you already know the format and rules thus I understand that I don't need to go through all that again (in case of anything just let me know) just as a reminder I drop down bellow the map pool. as usual, remember to announce your picks at least 24 hours in advance of the fight date and the map selection/order is player A, player B, player B, player A, Tie-Breaker. as being regarded the "undisputed"/undefeated champion Miroslav will have the player A status of the fight and in addition due the importance of the fight this time I'll personally pick and announce the Tie-Breaker map after both of you have selected your maps rather than randomly poll one. if fau manages to end up winning the fight he will be regarded as the new lineal champion, if he doesn't both tittles will remain (i.e. miro will remain undisputed champion and fau the, regular, tournament/tittles champion). that's all for now.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Miroslav vs fau superfight/lineal champion tittle fight

Post by aimer »

This match screams for GTV to be available :-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe just being one fight I think that can happen, I'll see as the fight details start to close.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi guys,

I am in. if we play in the evening I am available next week: Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I get an internet connection upgrade on Tuesday and hope it will work (otherwise postponing might be required).

Maps Hub3AeroQ3 Hub3Tourney1

Best Regards,

PS We still play OSP right?
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:20, edited 2 times in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure I only updated the client/s during this time, the server remained the same since your last fight, I mean, even the address/es (masters.fpsclasico.de:27965 or masters.fpsclasico.eu:27965 which one works best for you and either ipv4 or ipv6 as usual). ok sounds good, yes, depending on fau availability I think the Sunday 7 of February of 2021 at 18:00 CET is a solid option so we'll see once we hear from him too if not we'll just set up another date, no big deal. awesome then your picks will be hub3aeroq3 and hub3tourney1 as usual.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

the ping on the server has improved quite a bit. i got ping 29 almost 100% stable (sometimes spikes to 30). im thinking about doing a twitch session for this game so ppl can watch live as well if someone is interested ;-)
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Sunday the 7th sounds good.
Let's try ztn and pukka3tourney2. Had hard time picking maps vs opponent I haven't played before, went with a gut feeling :)
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Maybe I could try streaming too, to make it all transparent, but I don't know if my connection can handle it. I'll test this weekend and see how it goes. I have previous final captured locally.
Last edited by fau on Thu Jan 28, 2021 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

i have lots of experience on ztn and hektik is my favourite ql map: good choice in my opinion ;-)
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I hate ztn, but if my opponent doesn't pick it - it's always suspicious because quake players either love it or hate it. I didn't pick hektik though (considered it).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 18:04 i have lots of experience on ztn and hektik is my favourite ql map: good choice in my opinion ;-)
This should be good fight , fau is quite good on a good day lol

So admin YouTube love stream yes?

Aka pakoslav haha
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good, sounds good then that should settle this to do hub3aeroq3, ztn3tourney1, pukka3tourney2, hub3tourney1 and probably I think I'm gonna pick pro-q3dm6 as tie-breaker an all time classic that should suit you both. ok then we're all set already, I'll still leave it open till the next Thursday/Friday in case you wanna change something or there's some change, if not, by then that will be official and confirmed by PM as usual (i.e. Sunday 7 of February of 2021 18:00 CET Miroslav vs fau hub3aeroq3, ztn3tourney1, pukka3tourney2, hub3tourney1, pro-q3dm6 for a lineal champion title superfight). hehe I know miro, I meant that the server (settings/installment) had remained the same though the server itself (hardware) got upgraded big last year as you can read here. overall this kind of grow quite a bit since last time you've been around.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Please let us watch this game live somehow!! :thumbup:
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 17:45 im thinking about doing a twitch session for this game so ppl can watch live as well if someone is interested ;-)
I have all this popcorn here :mrgreen: ..if you decide to stream, please share the details 8-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha ok guys I will setup the gtv next week and we'll talk about it.