40%

Total votes: 5

9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Kamikaze

Post by 9ll Belarus »

alyeti wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 21:49
9ll Belarus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:23 Did you bun AcuteAngel?
Ban ban ban

What's with acute?
Always sillent. Always! No one word.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

9ll Belarus wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:55
alyeti wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 21:49

Ban ban ban

What's with acute?
Always sillent. Always! No one word.
Yes true never replies on and off plays and stays quiet , unlike pacman , ban for being quiet yess
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, in-topic about the kamikazee chat ban it's been some days already and the poll score reads 3:2 in a favor of a chat ban and people have already expressed their feelings about it. overall I feel like the vast majority don't even care that much then there's (a few) who find him funny and then there's others (the majority, in comparison) that have strong reasons to call for another chat ban. in light of that thus I guess then I'll chat ban him again for a month this time. thanks for report.

as for acuteangel if you meant a chat ban then yes I think I permanently chat banned that guy like a couple of years ago due to strong and repeated chat spam/non-sense.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

adminless wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 as for acuteangel if you meant a chat ban then yes I think I permanently chat banned that guy like a couple of years ago due to strong and repeated chat spam/non-sense.
Oh man. We broke our heads, why is he silent ☻

PS
Can he read chat?
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

imprecise wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:52
Who is KAMIKAZE ? Where is he from ? how old is he ? does anyone have any info on him ?
I would have appreciated if he came to join us here to discuss it, but apparently he can say nothing other than these usual insults and when we ask him a question or when we offer him help on the in-game chat he does not answer... yet he knows how to write these insults... it's a shame...

respectfully
I don't want to know. I don't know what would be funnier. Him being a 13 year old rage monster or a 58 year old dude who lost control of his life and can't even deal with q3. :D
-----------------------

As for chat banning him: yeah it's gotten less funny/cute but still i don't like chat bans. As long as it is not permanent spam i don't care that much. I only really care if someone destroys the game by playing to mess things up.
Which i wanted years ago a muting function ;) so I could tune out players by my choice, not taking away their ability to chat completely.
Also let's be honest here, there is a double standard when it comes to disruptive or "harassing" chat. Kamikaze is low tier therefore he is less
allowed to behave badly.
I mean there are other players who are more active and much better who either sometimes have a whole conversation about god knows what in some eastern language for a whole map and no one says anything, there are players who use a lot of rude words and call people horrible things :o and they get by without being called out that much there are players who at some points were annoying as hell with their chat binds, but we manage.

My personal solution is usually /cg_teamchatsonly 1 and turn off general chat if stuff gets to annoying. Sometimes i wish i could also turn off teamchat too, but these instances are quite rare.

Concluding to KAMIKAZE (or whatever nick he uses right now): i personally wouldn't chatban but i understand if others would.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@belarus no, he can't either, chat bans completely disable the chat function altogether. this is so as it would be really unfair otherwise, I mean, example, you get someone overreacting big to someone else insulting him then you chat ban him and now not only he could not defend himself that he would even have to deal with the other guy still insulting him all the time, no way. in fact, that's one of the things the guys that get chat bans appreciate the most, in the words of some of them, it makes the game much better and now they can focus a lot more. I mean, some guys do actually play a lot better chat banned.

@hurrenson I know unfortunately reliably (i.e. that it can not be circumvented that easily and it sticks) implement that is not that easy and also unfortunately as you can see I have lot of other stuff to deal with which I hope that you can understand that it's lot more important. besides, I even think that deal with that server side (i.e. via chat bans) it's lot more cost/worth efficient as well as convenient for everybody but thanks for the suggestion/reminder anyways as always. in all honesty, yes, it's true that standards do exist but hey so is life, you know what I'm saying, things aren't just mono-dimensional. obviously I/people don't deal the same with someone who has plus thousand hours of gaming here and just get along with most and/or with a regular friendly top player who raise the bar and keeps the game challenging/exciting than with someone who just shows up here from time to time and doesn't really add up anything meaningful to the game beside being a raging buffoon because they also misbehave "sometimes". I mean, let's say that cracking a joke on your friends leads to a good laugh but cracking the same joke on the wrong stranger leads to a black eye, that's the reality. at the end of the day it's all about mutual understanding and acknowledging each other something which seems to be lacking with this guy. anyways, that being said make completely sure that while I understand that at the same time I don't put up with bullshit from anyone regardless of who they are as I believe that you could have seen through all these years. make sure that there's nobody here who just can do whatever he wants without having to deal with consequences and that I always try to do my best to apply such policies under a overall well balanced and fair/un-biased standard. so as for the long time chatters, trust me when I tell you that there has been various such long standers players that got chat banned big (like years) already because of that but so far at the moment I have no knowledge of further serious incidents on that regard that require a chat ban though make sure that I'll continue to monitor that as much as possible. thanks for the input on this.
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

@adminless
Yeah, i get that a reliable system to mute would involve quite some effort to identify players/make it stick for more than 1 game. So i get investing major time in a minor problem is not time spent well.
As i said, i can deal with this anyway, I'm a big boy ;)

The point regarding varying standards was not aimed at you, but more at the broader community.

I think this community overall is quite good in working out its problems. When something escalates to be serious enough to be debated here in the forum, the resolutions are usually not unfair. People can have their say and when it's reasonably argued and presented it will usually help to solve the issues. When you, adminless, ultimately get involved and make a judgement call, it too is usually in the best interest of the community and fair. So let me just take this opportunity and thank you for not only for running the servers and working on the mod but also for giving people the chance to offer their input and interacting with them. Probably one of the key things why this community still exists.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

hurrenson wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 16:45 @adminless
Yeah, i get that a reliable system to mute would involve quite some effort to identify players/make it stick for more than 1 game. So i get investing major time in a minor problem is not time spent well.
As i said, i can deal with this anyway, I'm a big boy ;)

The point regarding varying standards was not aimed at you, but more at the broader community.

You will be pacassed don't worry!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@hurrenson I know don't worry I get you I just addressed that also as a community effort as some people is very quick to jump on conclusions you know. thank you for your understanding and nice words.
kreepz
User lv2
User lv2

Post by kreepz »

This kamikaze individual, we seem to be blessed with her ability to speak again, the pleasantries, an over abundance of positive inspirations. The lead directed into the backs of teammates is on point too. Most unfortunate :thumbup:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

chat ban updated now, thanks for report.
kreepz
User lv2
User lv2

Post by kreepz »

Maybe he has acquired another ip, currently on server, same business.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that should be fixed now.
kreepz
User lv2
User lv2

Post by kreepz »