Total votes: 5

imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Kamikaze

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless

a player named "Kamikaze" keeps insulting people and teams every time he plays. This guy ended up being painful ...

On several occasions, because this has been going on for a while already, Jutuli, myself and others have asked him to stop these insulting comments (always in capital letters) under penalty of being reported on the forum for a request to ban, but apparently he doesn't care because he continues ...

I think it would be good if he were banned from the in-game chat for a while so that we don't read these repeated insults.

thank you in advance for taking this request into consideration

demo for chat...
Kamikaze.dm_68
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Kamikaze

Post by adminless »

ok, seem fair enough to me, I'll chat ban him now then. thanks for report.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

thanks Adminless
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Frankly, I dont know why he play this game, ping around 200 ms, average skill and still complaining about everything. Only he play as a man (his words) ...lol. I have some screenshots as well, so thanks, he started to be really annoying.
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

I'm late to the party, but I have to say: I found KAMIKAZE quite entertaining. His bad english + his attitude were gold! I miss being called a coward "PARKER" who doesn't play like a man. Now he also can't tell me about "ENEMY IN LASER ZONE".
Sad times ;(
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well, it's been several weeks already, I guess that, may be, this time we can give him a another chance. at the end of the day if he messes up again I'll just chat ban him in no time, no big deal. thanks for input.
h8.CaT
User lv2
User lv2

Post by h8.CaT »

I find him a bit funny as well. He doesn't seem egregious but granted, I have only played here a few weeks.

The "parker" terminology is gold.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

He is back and continue with "talking"...have just one screenshot as an example. He did not serious offense, but he is a little bit annoying (and not just for me). I dont know, you decide if shut his chat or no, maybe poll? ... Thanks.
Attachments
shot0009.jpg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, seems like the best option probably, poll just added now and we'll see how it turns out. as I said, if it's that I just have to chat ban him again tomorrow then be it, no big deal. thanks for the input on this.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Yeah I made my jokes with "PARKER IN LAZER ZONE" and the likes :shifty: ..but I think the charm of the jokes is now gone. While some of his comments are cute/funny, what jutu has on the screenshot is over the limit - so I voted accordingly. Time for him to learn to keep calm :silent:
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Dr.GreenThumb wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 20:47 Yeah I made my jokes with "PARKER IN LAZER ZONE" and the likes :shifty: ..but I think the charm of the jokes is now gone. While some of his comments are cute/funny, what jutu has on the screenshot is over the limit - so I voted accordingly. Time for him to learn to keep calm :silent:
Dude others like Porsche are worse even after his recent ban lol although he's calming down slowly
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi all

I agree with you that KAMIKAZE is not very bad, both in terms of skill and insults, he can make people smile but over time reading these inappropriate insults can become painful for some people. and it always ends up harming the game...

Without wanting to be a Social justice warrior, the fact of granting him this right to insult will encourage him to continue and maybe even to go beyond the permitted limits... Moreover he would become a bad example for others who might be let go to similar behavior... which would be detrimental to unfreeze servers...
In addition, it is important that everyone follow these same rules of goodwill, respect for each other, friendliness and that together, we players, we apply ourselves to make them respect by all for the good of the server and the server community.
it is not a question of prohibiting everything but of regulating by signifying what is acceptable and what is not, and if other players slip regularly (I regularly put it because the error is human) and repeat bad behavior it's up to you to come and discuss democratically on the forum...
I know that it's not pleasant or well-regarded to denounce and report bad behavior but you have to think about the servers and the players who connect to them to have a good time... if we let bad habits remain install, the atmosphere will deteriorate...

I vote for a new chat ban, hoping that he understands from himself that his behavior on the chat is inappropriate.

Who is KAMIKAZE ? Where is he from ? how old is he ? does anyone have any info on him ?
I would have appreciated if he came to join us here to discuss it, but apparently he can say nothing other than these usual insults and when we ask him a question or when we offer him help on the in-game chat he does not answer... yet he knows how to write these insults... it's a shame...

respectfully
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Did you bun AcuteAngel?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

not that I'm aware of, btw I just pushed a new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a.zip package could you check if that fixed the dpi scaling issue on your system and then it works "as-is" (i.e. without the need to enable any compatibility options)?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

9ll Belarus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:23 Did you bun AcuteAngel?
Ban ban ban

What's with acute?