ioq3v6 not working

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
pepco

Re: ioq3v6 not working

Post by pepco »

Sorry, I get the exact same result the only difference is I get a black window (not fullscreen), but I still have to kill it in another tty. Is in_nograb 0 right, or 1?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

it's 1 I eddited it right away, 1 will release the input (mouse&keyboard) and should allow you to type on the gdb terminal if needed. but when you get a blank screen on windowed mode gdb doesn't print any error?
pepco

Post by pepco »

This is what I get (only last lines)
Started tty console (use +set ttycon 0 to disable)

Thread 1 "ioq3v6-debug" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xf7e7a28c in XQueryExtension () from /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0 0xf7e7a28c in XQueryExtension () from /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6
#1 0xf7e6dc9d in XInitExtension () from /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6
#2 0xf10f8142 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libGLX_mesa.so.0
#3 0xf10feb7b in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libGLX_mesa.so.0
#4 0xf10ff0aa in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libGLX_mesa.so.0
#5 0x081e59a6 in GLimp_EndFrame () at code/unix/linux_glimp.c:1681
#6 0x081900bc in RB_SwapBuffers (data=data@entry=0xf13324e8) at code/renderer/tr_backend.c:1038
#7 0x08190246 in RB_ExecuteRenderCommands (data=0xf13324e8) at code/renderer/tr_backend.c:1079
#8 0x0819ab1b in RE_EndFrame (frontEndMsec=0x0, backEndMsec=0x0) at code/renderer/tr_cmds.c:432
#9 0x0806cd3b in SCR_UpdateScreen () at code/client/cl_scrn.c:546
#10 0x080658df in CL_Frame (msec=<optimized out>, msec@entry=1022) at code/client/cl_main.c:2431
#11 0x08087acc in Com_Frame () at code/qcommon/common.c:2834
#12 0x0804b489 in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized out>) at code/unix/unix_main.c:1495
(gdb)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, that's the good stuff, thank you for your efforts and testing this out. ok, it looks like for some reason ioq3v6 tiggers a error on libX11/your graphic drivers related with the vsync. I'll have to take a closer look at the code but at the moment can you try running the game with the +set r_swapinterval 1 argument and see if it also crashes that way?
pepco

Post by pepco »

Yeah it quits to terminal as usual.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

could you confirm if glxinfo|grep swap_control (on a terminal) returns something?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

anyways at the time of writting isn't enterily clear if it's a bug on the ioq3v6 when setting the vsync option of your card or a bug on the graphic drivers/libraries (or probably a combination of both). I'll probably need to do further testing/check further documentation at the moment as a quick fix I just uploaded a new version with that glx call hard disabled you can download here. I think that should get you past that and if there's nothing else broken it should just work so give it a try when you can and let me know. hope that helps by now and I'm very sorry that you experienced problems when running the provided client.
pepco

Post by pepco »

glxinfo|grep swap_control
GLX_SGI_swap_control
GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_swap_control,
GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
GLX_MESA_query_renderer, GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_OML_swap_method,
GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync
GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control,
GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync

The new version works, still have to test with custom resolution and graphics (i get 60 fps is that right?). About the inconvenience, it's not a big deal really, I'm doing fine enough with ioquake, just curious as why it stopped working, thank you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thanks for get back to me. yes and no, it's correct in the sense that to get rid of the bug I disabled the call that disabled vsync on that build hence forcing the fps to those of your monitor (60 I guess). it's not in the sense that the game is obviusly not intended to be played at 60 fps. ok, will check further and I hope I come with a patch for that soon.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, I checked documentation and code references and I changed the way that vsync funcion is called which hopefully should solve your crash so I'd apprecite if you could re-download and replace the appropriate binary you need for your system from here (which for you is apparently this one here) and let me know if that finally works as it should (i.e. no crash and vsync off) when you have time. additionaly I also recompiled all the other linux binaries on the reasonabely up-to-date in-house mini-workstation and appropriately updated the well know packages. then I'd appreciate if you could also just grab the whole package (apparently you chose the mini version ioq3v6-unfreeze-mini-client-v20.5.zip) and check if everything is fine there "as-is" with it on your system. hope that helps.
pepco

Post by pepco »

Yeah it's working fine as is, also thank you for the work and the servers !
pepco

Post by pepco »

Slightly off topic: is there a way to minimize ? I can only get windowed mode, then alt-tab or similar and doesn't work ... thanks
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

easy, download attachment, put it on your unfreeze folder, exec it once in-game (i.e. \exec release.cfg), then use the key F5 on your keyboard to grab/release the game as need (does not work on menus but at least it will stick on your cfg). just tested here on a couple of servers now with the afford mentioned package, feel free to adjust it to your needs of course, that's just a "sample". hope that helps, let me know how that did.
Attachments
release.cfg
(278 Bytes) Downloaded 16 times
pepco

Post by pepco »

Thank you very much, that works ! :thumbup: