Quake III Arena classics winter 2021 tournament

fpsclassico masters 20 - fau champion, Miroslav undisputed
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Quake III Arena classics winter 2021 tournament

Post by PacMan »

fau wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 23:11 Good games, thanks to both of my rivals and to adminless for organizing the matches.
I think first 3 games of the final match will be interesting to watch aimer had a shot at comeback in each of them.
I started playing on unfreeze servers to chill in team games with good atmosphere, in these hard times.
Having ability to play some duels was exciting for me, because 1v1 used to be my "main" gametype - nowadays I prefer more relaxed team games. I'm not the best dueler out there and there are many players who are better at unfreeze than me here, but it feels great to win a tournament like this and it will be a nice memory.

I can't promise it but I'll try to be there next time for anyone who wants to take back the title :-)

Dude I watched your matches , very interesting play, as aimer I think he can do better but wasn't expecting fau(you) to be at his best , you took control very well I figured your LG would do damage and I watch your LG play often , but I gotnsomevood ideas , but being old I still don't toggle my weapons all basic setup need to toggle my LG it's one of my good stats when not in top 200 haha

Well done very entertaining kills
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 16:49 ok done videos up at fpsclasico as usual, a little bit later than noon as expected (I failed to account for the fact that not every game is as complex and then the differences stack up and that I can't just parallel so many stuff) but more or less in time. YouTube probably won't finish fully processing the videos until tomorrow or so, anyways, not really that it matters I just publish them for the audience and for compatibility purposes (i.e. I only deliver one format, YouTube provide pretty much any relevant standard) as well as a free back up storage so once done they will be available there too.

@alyeti unfortunately Miroslav has been pretty much inactive for the last year but yes I guess that at some point a Miroslav vs fau fight can happen. I mean, I'm definitively in to promote/organize that, not that I expect fau to beat Miroslav but, at least initially, I think he could give Miroslav a good fight. if he is in for that I might try to PM/mail him and we'll see if that fight happens.

@fau that's good, I'm glad you had a good time participating on this tournament. yes it seems like comparatively you outperformed your UnFreeZe performance/expectations in this competition and after all I also have to admit that as much I dislike this server after all these rounds I came to the impression that is probably the right setup for these competitions at least when combined with the provided client/setup/improvements. a server with further improvements/assists will become a little unbalanced/"tricky" in my opinion and would probably make some unrealistically good so yeah overall great games. other than that just as I said, sure stay tune, initially the idea is to poll the people for another round in some months (let's say spring) if it's not that Miroslav shows up for a superfight.

Great, the odd few times he turns up gets everyone going with Slav on the end of there names I might do a pacoslav one night

Miro if you reading this we need you to show fau how it's done........
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

alyeti wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 17:39Well done very entertaining kills
then you're probably gonna love the extra games that just came out of YouTube now ;)