display issue

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

display issue

Post by 9ll Belarus »

adminless wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 22:05 ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip the official client, it just comes with all you need to just double-click on it and connect, I mean, it even ships pre-configured for the most part. please, just don't forget to put your pak0.pk3 (i.e. the Quake III Arena) from your current legit Quake III Arena installation inside the baseq3 folder. hope that helps.
Not for me. I cant use resolution 1920*1200. I see only part of screen.
I cant use Alt+Tab for switch to another apps on computer.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: display issue

Post by adminless »

well, the resolution you can change it I guess, what's the resolution of your monitor? with the provided files you can just open the console and do \r_mode 6 followed by \vid_restart to get 1024x768 which I hope it should work on your setup. if opening the console is not a option then you can simply edit your ufconfig something config file inside your unfreeze directory and change to the appropriate r_mode setting for your monitor there. the alt+tab problem I guess is related with the wrong graphic settings, I mean, it's working here and besides, that's a operative system level function not of any app.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

I use:
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customheight "1200"
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customaspect "2"
in my old Q3. autoexec.cfg

In this version I've tried use my autoexec.cfg. Dont work.
Also I I've tried change " ufconfig something config file inside your unfreeze directory". No result.

In console I I've tried \r_mode 5, \r_mode 6................. \r_mode 18. \r_mode 19 is mistake.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw 1920x1200 is r_mode 18 here, if you want that resolution all you have to do is r_mode 18. are you sure you're running the game from the package I linked you and that you haven't put any more files (beside the pak0.pk3) inside it? also to be safe please try just double double clicking the exe as-is without any further configuration and report if that throws some error.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:28 are you sure you're running the game from the package I linked you and that you haven't put any more files (beside the pak0.pk3) inside it?
Yep/ But for sure unzip again. No result.
1.jpg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thanks for the feedback. that's rare, have you tried if opening the console on that screen, just like that, and doing r_mode 18 followed by vid_restart results in the same problem?
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Yep. On screen the result.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmmm does your computer have various graphic cards? do you have latest graphic card drivers installed? are your graphic card drivers configured to scale, keep aspect or maintain images size?
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Bingo!
I took quake3e.exe from old q3 and put to ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5
And then launch old quake3e.exe in this folder.
Work propely ☺
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, though I don't really see why it shouldn't work, I just tested it here with several different resolutions and it's working for me. likely there must be something mis-configured/mis-installed on your system/installment. btw just to be safe, could you try, without further files being installed, if running the ioq3v6 on windowed mode (r_mode 8 then r_fullscreen 0 then vid_restart) display a proper 1280x720 windowed game or throws same error?
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Result on screen.
I cant use mouse. Cursor on top only.
Attachments
1.jpg
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

9ll Belarus wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 13:18 Result on screen.
I cant use mouse. Cursor on top only.
As admin said when you unzip you only need the pak file and not use original quake3 exe otherwise something maybe not compatible or setting
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

nop, now I can tell you that you're doing it wrong, that screen isn't taken from a windowed game, that screen is taken from the same (likely 720p that scale wrongly on your graphic drivers/display) fullscreen game. look, let's try simpler, download the attached stock cfg with the r_mode set for 1920x1200 and put it on your unfreeze folder overwriting your current one. let me know if that finally fixed that.
Attachments
ufconfig-2005.cfg
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ah wait you changed your screen, yes that time that's windowed and that doesn't throw error, apparently it renders ok. btw re-entering full screen from there also breaks? if it does try the cfg I posted previously.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

I cant take correct screen. Only grey collor paste from buffer.
But, its okey. Only black strips on top and down, cose I have 16:10 monitor.
Alt+tab dont work ☺