Reseting stats

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Reseting stats

Post by Ca+hode »

Hello,

I like keeping up with my stats on https://unfreeze.fpsclasico.de/. But once in a while, they disappear. Now it shows that I've played 12 hours in total. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm especially salty about a 20 frag killing streak that disappeared with the stats, grr.

Thanks! :mrgreen:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Reseting stats

Post by adminless »

the stats have a life cycle in order to keep them "relevant", in particular, the unfreeze ones are computed for the last two weeks, the freefun ones for the last five weeks and the glacius ones for the last month. I mean, I guess that none of us want to see a inactive Miroslav topping the charts for years to put a example. I bet that what people wanna see is how they, and others, are playing now (i.e. recently).
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

Thanx for the info. You are right about the Miroslav example. And if I got to see how many hours I played I'd quit most probably :)).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Week or so might be better that way if you don't play often as a top player, you lose your top spot, possibly it doesn't reflect that ?
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Is there a "time-machine" feature that allows to look back on the past - as in do you archive boards periodically or are those gone?
Not important I'm just curious :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@alyeti overall I tried various values I think that for each of them those are about the best compromise values. think that while you don't want people who don't even play here anymore stuck there "indefinitely" (i.e. for months or even years), at the same you don't want to make it either that you miss the servers a few days and you pretty much have to start over. that would be a huge turn off too (as can even be seen on this thread btw) so with that in mind, in my opinion, those just about the right balanced values for those servers.

@green technically they are gone, I mean, they do not longer exist on the database, old stats get cycled when new stats come in. that being said, I still hold +50 GB worth of logs, some of then even going as far as year 2008, thus even so they aren't entirely "gone" (I could create a yearly rank for example if needed to be).
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Some comments on the stat.
1) 35 games to enter the stat list is too much. If I do not quit the games, if I play 10 days out of 14, I should play 3.5 games a day. Or about 1 hour. I think 25 is enough. It is strange for example, when Nadie is top performer and the next Day she is out of the stat list.
2) I would have changed most of the "per game" awards for "per minute" awards.
3) Wins percentage and team leader percentage are misleading. Out of my 40 games a week I have around 3 team switches to the loslosing side when the score is 9-3 or smth like that.
4) Top score award. It highly depends on the score. If games are finished 10-5, you would not achieve it without luck. Previous algoritm on autobalance was better in my view.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

1) they are not when you compare them with the rest of the players. there's literally a hundred people who play at least one hour everyday at UnFreeZe, hence the requirement. for that reason, UnFreeZe2 (freefun) has generally lesser award activity requirements.
2) I don't think that would make much of a difference besides the per game stats are generally better humanly understandable (ex. I think it has more meaning for a human a stat of 35 points per game on average than one of 2.33 per minute) and you still have the performance stat (points per minute) available which is probably the most relevant on that regard.
3) well, what goes around comes around, that's probably around the same for the rest too, teams are locked so it balances itself out besides 3 out of 40 doesn't even look like a dramatic number that is probably have a huge impact of the overall figures to begin with.
4) I know but that's exactly part of the fun with them, they aren't only one sided/uni-dimensional that someone can collect them all just like that.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

The interesting thing for each reward could be an all-time highest value, player who achieved it and date. Maybe not even all-time best value, it could be done just forward-looking. Or annual rather than all-time.

There were outstanding performances like 100+ score, 60+ impressive, 45+ max thaws and other achievements. It would be interesting to know how good you are among them.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I think something like that has been requested other times, I guess that given the case at some point I can probably add something like that to the stats in one way or another although probably that's not a big priority at the moment. currently the only permanent stats are those of the competitive events though (both unFreeZe as well as the masters thing), those will stick there. thanks for the suggestion.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw following your suggestion I created yesterday a couple of threads here and here at the forum to keep track at least of the most relevant achievements/stats at the fpsclassico masters and UnFreeZe events respectively. I know it's not what you had asked for (you had asked that, or similar, but for the pubs instead) but it's probably a good way to get started and a overall good finishing touch to the season I guess as well. on the masters records I think that it's very interesting that for other than the historical Miroslav's Kra7oS beatings up to three records (for armor, health and accuracy) were set during this 2022 edition of the fpsclassico masters tournament. that should speak volumes of how high the level really was during this edition, top notch stuff. ok, for the pubs I guess I'll see if I can implement that in the short/mid term. btw also in case of a tied record (or successive ties) I guess I'll give it to the last instance instead as to keep it more fun/varied.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, finally added yesterday some historic stats tracking and page to the pubs stats sites (UnFreeZe1/2/3 - baltic and ranked are already persistent as well as the masters), check it out and let me know how you see that then now. so far I just added a few limited awards, the most relevant and basically just what had been really asked (the rest probably is not even worth), as usual if anything else it will be added/revised later on. the current "historic" stats you see now there are just of what cycle was tracked at that moment on the database (ex. two weeks for UnFreeZe since yesterday), I'm probably not gonna scramble now 50 plus gigabytes worth of logs for this besides as this has been added now I believe that is more fun for you to simply go building it up otherwise the room for record improvement would probably be limited. overall I believe that it turned out a decent and interesting addition to the game.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

That's good. Even too detailed.
I thought about smth as in the attached picture.
Attachments
1653655165543_unf.jpg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes that looks good too. I just thought that probably having a history as well as some context or even other specific historic metrics (ex. the excellent ones, the overall skill etc) was more interesting overall than just a single specific entry. anyways thanks for the feedback, as said, if anything I'll add something else later on.
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »