Quake III Arena classics winter 2021 tournament

fpsclassico masters 20 - fau champion, Miroslav undisputed
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Fight

Post by adminless »

I know (and agree) but it's what it's, as I told you back then, that's the standard for Quake III Arena competitive duels and as you can understand we are not gonna start a discussion about it now. ok, that's great then I think we're all set for this little Quake III Arena winter 2021 classic competition so, with the exception of a potential opponent for a undercard fight against pacman that I'll still wait until tomorrow, I'll close the period to join now. ok, so we're finally done, all that is left to do is decide the competition format if either a mini-cup (my suggestion) or a mini-league as suggested by aimer, so I don't know what you prefer? let me know. the two possible calendars I see are:
  • mini-cup (accepted)
    • semi-finals
      • semi-final A: aimer vs semisek (Sunday 3 of January of 2021 at 19:00 CET) - TB pro-q3tourney2
      • semi-final B: fau vs jutuli (Saturday 9 of January of 2021 at 19:30 CET) - TB q3tourney3
    • finals
      • third place final: jutuli vs semisek (Sunday 10 of January of 2021 at 18:00 CET) - TB bloodcovenant
      • grand final: aimer vs fau (Sunday 10 of January of 2021 at 19:00 CET) - TB hektik_b3
for a mini-cup or:
  • mini-league (discarded)
    • week 1 (from Friday 8 to Sunday 10)
      • aimer vs semisek
      • fau vs jutuli
    • week 2 (from Friday 15 to Sunday 17)
      • jutuli vs aimer
      • semisek vs fau
    • week 3 (from Friday 25 to Sunday 27)
      • aimer vs fau
      • jutuli vs semisek
for the mini-league. btw please notice that the player order on the announcement of the matches is important as it denotes who is regarded as the player "A" (who appears first) and who as the player "B" (who appears later) and therefore at what order the maps for each fight are selected/played. about the dates also obviously notice they are just suggestions/orientation, they will obviously be subject to adjustment depending on availability. so that's it, please vote what you prefer? in my opinion the cup is probably still better, it can be finished within the holidays and you prevent "unnecessary" matches (i.e. someone who may have lost two matches at the mini-league will be "out" and therefor may not be as motivated/interested in a third game where there's nothing of "significance" at play. in the cup on the other hand every match is, literally, a final).

finally pacman requested a tryout match just for fun out of competition/rank, initially I'll set him up against aimer this weekend if possible/interested, still, I don't know if someone else (of you, aimer, fau, jutuli, semisek) is interested in giving him a training match if no suitable opponent shows up by tomorrow instead of aimer?
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

I think i would wote for the shorter possibility - Mini cup. Seems better to me. I also agree with the first game Me vs Aimer to be played this Sunday 3 of January at 18:00 just if my internet will allows.

About the Pacman. If no one else appear, i can give him a match before fighting Aimer. Good for me to warm up a bit :)
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Either way is fine with me. I'd prefer not to play any games on Friday really, but I can make it work if necessary.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@semisek agree, fau doesn't seem to oppose then I guess that means we're probably heading for a mini-cup. that's good then let's hear about aimer, if he can also make it the Sunday 3 at 18:00 CET then we would be all set for the first semi-final of the tournament. all that would be left besides that would be to pick the maps. sounds good, I guess that aimer probably won't be eager to duel pacman then you can probably duel him first 17:00 CET this Sunday before the semi-final. let's wait to hear from pacman if he can make it too, then that will also be set.

@fau no problem, just as I wrote those dates are mere suggestions so far, we still have to close them so if you prefer not to play Fridays that's fine, I guess that probably we can just make your semi-final against jutuli the next Saturday 9 of January of 2021 at 19:30 CET and may be both finals the Sunday 10 at some times yet to establish (ex. jutuli requested 19:30 so his final at that time and the other one at 18:00 for example). don't worry, we'll work it out.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

What's that UK time?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

I can probably make it 4.30 UK time earliest , and hope I don't get bad connection, it's terrible here at peak times where I am hence y I play late , but we give it a go
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quake III Arena classics winter 2021 tournament

Post by adminless »

happy new year everybody

times are currently CET which are UTC+01 if I'm not wrong UK times are currently just UTC, or in other words, one hour less. for reference at the time of writing is 12:25 (approx) CET. ok if you can't make it before 16:30 UK time then I guess that probably we can just set your fight at 18:00 CET and then the aimer vs semisek semi-final afterwards at 19:00 CET. well the time to join have finally ended and no other opponent for the undercard fight have showed up then this is it, if everybody (involved, pacman, semisek, aimer) is fine with these dates then we're all set. please just remember to announce your map picks for these fights here within the following 24 hours as well as confirm attendance.

ok, other than that I also updated the initial calendar here with the new dates and the random tie-breaker maps that came out now for them. as I said, if some one wanted to pick one of those and/or negotiate them (to some extend), just say it. the tie-breaker for the exhibition fight will be qxtourney1 and it won't be negotiable, being just a out of competition/rank exhibition fight I want to finally give that map a play. and btw needless to say that is absolutely mandatory for every participant to have at least all the maps on the tournament pool installed before entering the fight, failing to do so is reason for direct disqualification.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

i'll play pacman on sunday (and semisek after) no problem :-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

lol actually semisek volunteered himself for the fight, I think it probably makes more sense, so I don't know if it bothers you that semisek fights pacman instead of you? ah ok great then your semi final against semisek will be scheduled for this Sunday 3 of January at 19:00 CET. btw what maps are you gonna play this time?
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

i don't mind if he wants to play pacman :-)
i'd like to play hub and pukka this time
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the hub? which one? I'm assuming that you're picking hub3aeroq3 as previous time but there's actually two hub's on the pool, hub3aeroq3 and hub3tourney1, thus let me know if you meant otherwise. ok, that's good, I had initially set you up against pacman first because of the calendar and second because honestly, you seemed the only one up for that fight. however if he (semisek) is also willing to do that it seems like a better match. ok, glad you understand then we're finally set for tomorrow fights, 18:00 CET warm-up match semisek vs pacman and then afterwards, 19:00 CET the first semi-final of the official tournament aimer vs semisek. all that is left is still hear from both, semisek and pacman, what maps they are going to play. once that's done I'll PM you here the match connection details and resume as usual. and btw I just remind you once again, pacman and semisek, that there's the rule to name your map choices from the pool at least 24 hours prior the match or then I chose your maps and that that rule is strictly enforced (for obvious reasons, if people, literally, struggle for days just to name two maps, I don't see them coming together to a whole fight agreement in "real-time" once in-game).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

I will play any map semi wants to warmup with , it will be over quickly lol
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

sorry when i say "hub" i only mean hub3aeroq3 ("Aerowalk") :-)
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

For my pick to game with aimer i would choose ztn and pro-q3tourney4.

About the maps for fight with pacman - i am not sure if he knows well maps like hub or pukka, if it is possible, i think we can let him to choose all the maps.

Also if i can ask Aimer if he can choose for his second map something alse than Pukka and blood covenant, becouse i litterary newer played a game on that maps. If not i am going to check at least where the red armor is :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@aimer ok, that was my guess though I was obliged to ask anyways.

@semisek ok, great then I PM'ed you now (aimer and semisek) the semi-final info, look it up on your forum inbox. notice that as aimer picked aero, which was what had randomly came out initially for this fight, I pulled another random map now as replacement and pro-q3tourney2 came out this time as tie-breaker for the fight. unfortunately that's the point in having each select your own maps, exploiting your opponent weaknesses, therefor he has no obligation to concede. so, unless he tells otherwise then finally the semi-final will be called hub3aeroq3, ztn3tourney1, pro-q3tourney4, pukka3tourney2 and pro-q3tourney2 as tie-breaker. see you tomorrow (the Sunday 3) in-game at 19:00 CET then.

for the warm-up/exhibition game I think that probably you can pick those to warm up and may be pacman should play better q3dm5 and pro-q3dm13. the tie-breaker I will make it qxtourney1 this time, as I said, it never have been played so far thus this being just a exhibition match is probably a good opportunity to give it a try. those would be my suggestions for this fight pukka3tourney2, q3dm5, pro-q3dm13, hub3aeroq3 and qxtourney1 as tie-breaker. if you're ok with that then I can also confirm that now and PM you the fight details/summary. let me know, you have until today 18:00 to decide for that fight, otherwise, that will mandate.