glacius server promotion

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Re: glacius server promotion

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Super impressive growth! Congrats adminless, nice moves here :clap: looks like this will be a popular one (as well).

I foresee a time when you'll have to setup spacious2 :lol:

I second jutuli, it's a great way to break the usual routine of the main server maps. Games are much faster / quicker as well, and I would say it's a whole lot more of a challenge to unfreeze a teammate. Faster pace overall.
.WTF!Berkut?!
User lv3
User lv3

Post by .WTF!Berkut?! »

My opinion is that Glacius is good because the server is almost always free and without bots. Ideal conditions for 1x1 or 2x2 duels with players from the Freeze server. A great server, weapons are balanced by the damage done, rocketjump does not cause damage, an ally can be frostbitten, which gives an intriguing tactic in the game. It's a pity that I was banned and I can't now invite players from the Freeze server to a duel on Glacius.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

what I found really sad is that you just insulted (to some extend)/disrespected pretty much everybody and harassed about anybody of significance to duel there with no end till the extreme that I even had to ban nick you. unfortunately my friend that (forcing people) is not the way to make a server work and it doesn't reflect the good spirit of fpsclasico. and btw you're still allowed to play here nevertheless, you're not in-game banned. anyways for the rest I think I can give it a shot and remove your chat ban in these days (it will take me some time to reverse, first figure out, all the layers of bans I placed on you) and I hope that you hear to my words and you don't run into that kind of behavior again after this as I won't reconsider it anymore.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

.WTF!Berkyt?! wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 22:13 My opinion is that Glacius is good because the server is almost always free and without bots. Ideal conditions for 1x1 or 2x2 duels with players from the Freeze server. A great server, weapons are balanced by the damage done, rocketjump does not cause damage, an ally can be frostbitten, which gives an intriguing tactic in the game. It's a pity that I was banned and I can't now invite players from the Freeze server to a duel on Glacius.
Yes berkut be good boy you give wtf bad name ee

Has to be ee all the way
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

adminless if berkut gets enough friends to do a steady monthly donation to cover the costs of running Galcius for these duels, would you be able to bring it back for him :?:

Berkut as you know, nothing in life is free...so if adminless is willing to run it, and you are willing to pay for it, maybe it can be resurrected for your duels. Best would be to probably pre-pay 6 months or so I'd think :think:

Just an idea... ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmm yes there's still some space left available for reselling on the servers beyond the public servers which could be used for that, in fact, I'm just gonna be working on that instance installment to update it to latest software these days. so, giving all the circumstances (multi route managed custom code zen2 ddr4 nvme thread pinned guarantee game server) I think I could host that for someone else at a fair price of 7 euros a month (at no compromise, can cancel any time, just don't pay it anymore) or I could just do six months for a payment of 40 euros as a deal (and same as before). I'd probably still administer it like any of the other fpsclasico servers and while I don't compromise to do absolutely anything you want about it, to some extend and under "realistic" (i.e. cost/worth) circumstances, I can also configure/customize it on demand. yes, I think it can be done so if someone is interested simply contact me about it.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Nice! :clap:

The ball is in your court Mr. Berkut :thumbup:
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Hi!
I would like to share some ideas about spacius/glacius.
I'm not a big fan of spacius. However, it looks to be more popular than glacius. In the same time I can see that spacius is much less popular than it used to be at the beginning.
Obviously, Glacius has less players that are able to use it (due to the need for downloading) but they are of 'more significance' to the unfreeze community. The problem was that those who played it were not disciplined enough to connect at the specified time (8pm on sundays or smth like that). The idea is that Glacius/Spacius should use glacius mappack only on that specified time for about 3 hours. So that players either join it on that day or do not play glacius. If the information is provided to 10-20 key players, the desired result could be achieved.
Thanks.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hello and welcome to the forum

yes, that can be done, as I said, though I'm not gonna be running custom maps at the online servers anymore I won't remove them from the client either as I don't completely discard that I might end up bringing them back for a meeting or two or anything else. it's not bad suggestion, though the problem with those kind of approaches is that they rarely, if ever, work out. experience tells me that mixed setups generally tend to hurt the server reputation more than boost it. I mean, the problem with that is that, most often than not, you end up with a ton of guys (on both ends) unhappy with the server because they connected at their favorite time and either the server was just shit or it didn't even work out. in addition, ultimately glacius got removed because the meetings didn't even work out anymore, I mean, nobody showed or even as much you had 4-6 players games that didn't even really suit the glacius custom maps pool. I mean, spacius easily do that number of players on a daily basis and the maps there are even better suited for those kind of small games. so all in all, I can give that a try at some point provided that there's enough interest but I wouldn't be too optimistic about it.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I'm not sure that the idea will work either.

However, there are several people who can try to organize some interest.
We can establish a conversation on the forum "If by [date -2] 15 players are ready to play on [date] than glasiuc mappack will be used".
Me, Berkut and Dr.Green may promote the idea during the game for players to confirm their attendance.
If there are 15 approved players, probably 5 will join. A lot depends on WTF team members.
If you tell the rules how it could work for you to be comfortable with, we can try that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, for me is no problem, just open a thread about it and if there's enough interest I think I can switch that server back to glacius a few hours this Sunday 3 of January of 2021 at 20:00 CET and then we'll go from there. I mean, I won't change it back, spacius will continue to be spacius, but if that meeting finally end up working out I think we could scheduled other meetings.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I'll try to organize it on Sunday 6 of January of 2021 at 21:00 CET this time.
Sunday 3 is not an option for me.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Link to the conversation
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=729
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok no problem then I'll follow that topic as usual and I'll set the server at the time established there.