runda czasowa

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

runda czasowa

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

hello and happy holidays

It is not possible to introduce a time limit to the games, for example max 20 minutes? after all, soon they will play 6 hours one map
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

time unfreezes

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

extend defrost time to 10 seconds
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

connection time

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

extend the time after exiting the game and re-entering the game to 5 minutes
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Re: runda czasowa

Post by ...jutuli... »

Learn to edit your topic in less than 5 minutes :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hey there yes Merry Christmas

thanks for the feedback but I don't see it happening, overall I feel the game settings are good as they are and probably your suggestions are too "extreme"/"alien". on average most games end within that time frame already, 20 mins aprox (15-25 mins), there's really no much need to forcefully "cap" them to a value, specially since the long games are usually the hottest ones (i.e. the most disputed), beside also some of the calculations at the rank sites assume "full" (ten round) games as input to bring sensible results (i.e. kind of data normalization). about the unfreeze time and re-connection time much of the same, I think most here would agree that's clearly overkill, I mean, people don't like being frozen and I don't think anyone wants now to have to start camping on a spot for 10 seconds straight to unfreeze someone as well as have to wait 5 minutes to re-connect to the server the next time their client/connection crashed as keep in mind that there's plenty of circumstances/people that re-connect for legit reasons.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I feel like dm11 games take half an hour easily, but there are other slow maps too. I just hate this map so much that I can't help to notice.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, some games can take up to half a hour, more or less, but overall I don't think (I generally don't get that feeling from the players feedback) it's a big deal, particularly considering the rotation is relatively short for high loads (shorter games equals to more repetition), and it's probably better than start cutting the fraglimit or something. endless, and therefor unsuitable, was q3dm12 that something like 35-40 mins was the typical bottom of the time frame and with the majority of the games there lasting something like 40-45 mins or even more which was ridiculous. 25+ mins games are still probable but doesn't represent the majority and nevertheless for quick, direct and fast games you can always join spacius which heavily focuses exactly on that and it's probably not as crowded most of the time. on line with the previous, that's rare, generally speaking I also have the feeling that dm11 is like one of the top favs but, sure, everybody do have its own opinion and taste, for that reason, among others, is why UnFreeZe2, among other servers, are offered so you generally have an alternative most of the time.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

recently they play after 40 min 45 min: D, even yesterday I gave up playing when I entered round 7 and the time was 37 min :)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

I think it is worth limiting it to a max of 20 minutes, just make a time limit of 20 minutes and the team will win, which has more winning rounds, normally the game should take 10 minutes to 15 minutes but as I wrote that it is already different from the norm, now they do not play to play only to stand in 10 hidden to one defrost
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hi guys

I agree with adminless, extend defrost time to 10 seconds and extend the time after exiting the game and re-entering the game to 5 minutes, that's too much, it will make a large number of players grumble

and for the time limit of the games, for example max 20 minutes, I think it's a bit short for some maps which will be interrupted before the end of the 10 rounds, in my opinion this will make a lot of players unhappy to not finish these 10 rounds
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@Kra7oS excuse me but I monitor the servers frequently and I can tell you that 7 rounds/37 mins and/or 40/45 plus mins games do not happen here, matter of fact, +30 mins games are rare already overall. as I suggested to fau, if you're looking for some fast games probably dropping by spacius from time to time can be a good choice, games (ten rounds, same format) hardly ever last more than 10 mins there. for the rest, I think that of your suggestions, may be now that there's various servers going, I could only slightly (not to 5 mins) increase the re-connection time a few seconds more, let's say to 80-100 secs may be (currently is 70 secs btw), I can consider it, other than that, I don't see anything of that happening.