Other Reports Discussion forum.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

DigitriX static player for several games

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless

today at around 2 p.m., a player named DigitriX remained on the Unfreeze server (85.10.197.106) for a very, very long time and without playing or intervening, he remained more than 9 games without moving, without playing, without talk ...
but as he was moved or killed he never rejoined the spectators, in vain I asked that we not kill him so that he joined the spectators but with about twenty players who send rockets is difficult to achieve ...
too bad it is not automatically expelled from the server ...
I do not know if you have a solution for that ...
thank you in advance for your understanding
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: DigitriX static player for several games

Post by adminless »

no, unless there's a bug that I'm not aware of or anything else, intially inactive players are already moved to the specs after 30 seconds of inactivity. however the caveat here is that is 30 seconds of spawned time, you can even try yourself to see if there's really a bug. so my guess is that probably you've been consistenly raping this guy for hours in less than 30 seconds every single time he spawned and that was the problem. probably I could review the code to make that time spread across spawn (i.e. add some memory) at the time of writting simply don't kill the afk players and they will get automatically moved to the specs "under normal circumstances".
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Re: DigitriX static player for several games

Post by imprecise »

thanks for your answer, but yes i know after 30 seconds of inactivity on the map (after respawn) the player gets kicked in spectator mode unless moved or killed and then respawns ...

no problem with that, it works fine for me, i don't think you need to rework the respawn code ...

I logged into the game when DigitriX had already been present for a while and saw that players were complaining about its inactivity ...

you are right apparently that's what happened he was constantly pushed around and killed during several games ...

and as I told you previously I asked that it is neither killed nor moved but that had no effect because all the players did not pay attention to it, unfortunately ...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"