OSP freezetag ?

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
zehuti

OSP freezetag ?

Post by zehuti »

OSP mod have freezetag build in. Can u setup one instead of one unfreeze ? Or just add one more with OSP ? :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: OSP freezetag ?

Post by adminless »

not gonna happen sorry as it's not even really whether or not UnFreeZe is better than osp, which it's and by far, it's just that clearly osp it's some of the worst mods in the history of Quake III Arena and by a huge margin. matter of facts, just setting up a basic good old fashioned osp duel server here took me like a year just to get it barely playable and even so it still has more bugs and issues than the human brain could ever manage to count even if it were to be genetically enhanced. I think that alone should speak volumes of how bad the thing really is, I mean, osp alone is probably one of the top reasons why people uninstalled the game altogether back in the day, fair and square.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

You got to love these random guests advising you to wipe everything you've built, and just install what they believe is better/best :lolno:
zehuti

Post by zehuti »

I did not know he made that mod. And i did not ask to wipe everything.

Can you at least add more bigger maps on 85.10.197.106:27960 ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

like which ones? unfortunately there's no other suitable maps. I mean, q3dm12 ran recently for a couple of months and it ended up killing the server (proof), let alone q3dm15 that it does even worse, and other than that, custom maps aren't even a option either. again, I mean, year 2017 I ran custom maps on UnFreeZe2 just for a single month and it completely killed it right away for a year in return (proof) and more recently, again, glacius ran a set of the unquestionable best and most popular custom maps ever for several months and even despite all those maps being included on the official UnFreeZe package it resulted just on a irrelevant death server peaking at 2/3 connections a day and a casual duel a week at best (proof). look where both, UnFreeZe2 and spacius, the glacius replacement server, are now, coincidence? I don't think so. and please keep in mind that those are not "opinions" or just "my noobish thoughts about a topic I know shit about", those are well proven and documented facts, period. it's not that I think that won't work or that I just don't feel like it, it's that I did try that stuff well for years and it did not work for a fact.

so look as people is pointing you out, I precisely put all this stuff together to stay away from all that garbage that you're requesting here that I know for a fact that it ruins the game. matter of fact had not been because all that and this wouldn't be where it's nor you would have ever joined here either.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hey adminless :wave:

8-) for christmas could you add garlands and christmas balls,

replace the sounds "hahaha" by "hohoho" :lol: :lol: :lol:

and change the weapons to have a plasma gun that sends marshmallows, a shotgun that makes snow, a railgun that sings a nursery rhyme, grenades that open like gifts, a lightning gun that makes little electrified snowman, a machine gun that shoots illuminations, and a rocket gun that sends snowballs ... :crazy:

you should do this to us before Christmas. .. :D

thank you in advance ... :thumbup:

humorously yours ... :angel:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hahaha not gonna happen sorry, too much work besides that can't be done server side, it would require client download/update (manually ofc) and as we know that kind of stuff never really work out that good. anyways if you want to live the things up what you can do is download yourself this old school santa skin model here (put it on baseq3) for your team mates and in addition I also installed now a new forum xmas theme so you can look it up on your user control panel and give it a try now. if that (theme) works out good what I can do is probably set it by default for the forum during the holidays. in addition what it may be possible that I also do is make another "christmas" based alternative (in-game model) skins for the holidays. some alternative skins have been somehow requested at other times so I think that it can be good opportunity to bring them together.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

I changed to the xmas theme, looks really cool! :)
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless :wave:

Thank you very much for the old school santa skin, it is very nice ;)

and well done and thank you for the new xmas theme forum, it is very beautiful and pleasant :)

it was basically just a joke and you make it happen ... :o

you are incredibly wonderful :clap: :thumbup:
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

for the santa.pk3 skin I see it appearing in my setup / model (a beautiful Santa) and when I choose it to play I realize that it looks like a classic biker

I would have liked to have the appearance of Santa Claus represented in the setup, but it's not important don't bother you with that
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know at the moment the original file is just a single player/deathmatch skin (you can probably try it on the single player or at the training servers and cg_forcemodel 1 there for example) not a team skin. don't worry that it won't take me any major deal of effort so it's not a bother, just like I said, I'll probably look into that in the next days/weeks coming to come with a basic alternative skin pack. I'll let you (all) know here when it's done.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

:thumbup: thanks Adminless that's really cool :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, done now, remove the previous original file and grab the updated file here and this time place it on your unfreeze folder instead of baseq3. anyways if you mess it up you can as well just re-download the whole thing as I silently updated the well know packages with it. this time it should have team skins as well (i.e. work on UnFreeZe) so give it a try. just as I said if you want everybody santa then pick santa on your menu and do cg_forcemodel 1 and cg_forceskins 0. if additionally you want green santas as enemies then remove (or just move away) the zzz-models.pk3 file and do cg_forceskins 1. ok, tomorrow or so I might give a try to those basic alternative xmas skins for those than do not like it green and that should be it.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless :wave:

i tested the new santa.pk3, i did as you said i put it in unfreeze folder and deleted the old santa in baseq3

I went to choose santa in setup / model -> no problem

I wrote the command /cg_forcemodel 1 that I had previously set to 0 -> no problem, this makes santa appear in personal skin and also teammates

I wrote the command /cg_forceskins 0 and got the answer: "unknow cmd cg_forceskins" -> problem, then I tried /cg_forceskin 0 without the "s" (a small unforgivable mistake, absolutely unforgivable for a master like you, but do not self-flagellate, we will chatter you later :lol: ) and the command has been validated, on the other hand I did not notice any change after this command

I changed the enemies by moving zzz-models.pk3 from the unfreeze folder to the desktop then writing the commands /cg_forceskins 1 and /cg_forcemodel 1 and all the players present appear with the skin santa -> no problem

:thumbup: thank you very much for this nice santa claus skin, hope it will appeal to players, i will promote it sparingly on the servers :clap:
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Yeah I tried...I'm too stupid to make this work :( ...it's true...

At one point I got a bunch of yellow Santa's in my own team, but all enemies were green keels.

I'm sure it can be done, I'm just such an old fool oh well... :mrgreen: