Reporting Allesandro

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
orgi69

Reporting Allesandro

Post by orgi69 »

Hi!

Actually I am not a big fan of reporting people, because I usually don't care, if somebody "goes crazy" once in a while - but Allesandro deservs finally to get an own topic and hopefully a ban. Actually it all started a long time ago, when he was shooting people away while unfreezing...at this time I was too lazy to record or to report him, so I kept just telling him, I will do so. Since a while it became a "kind of tradition" we are assaulting each other - but that's not the issue and no big deal. It's no secret I don't like Allesandro much... but actually since weeks he's shooting and pushing me (and Niferu as well) into Lava, so it started to become kind of annoying to play. Told him severel times, Im recording this shit, but it seems he doesn't care. Actually I have made many demos for some weeks, but it's hard find all of them. But I managed to research at least 3 demos of him shooting me into lava:

http://www.eyepoint-united.com/demos/allesandro.dm_68
http://www.eyepoint-united.com/demos/allesandro1.dm_68
http://www.eyepoint-united.com/demos/allesandro2.dm_68

While looking after those Incidents, I have found 3 Videos of PRISM (normally I don't have any Problem with him), as he's shooting with Allesandro together people into Lava - seems both having fun doing this.

http://www.eyepoint-united.com/demos/prism.dm_68
http://www.eyepoint-united.com/demos/prism1.dm_68
http://www.eyepoint-united.com/demos/prism2.dm_68

I'm not asking to ban PRISM, because he didn't do that before (at least to me), but Allesandro is keeping doing that shit.

PS: spacius is fun!!!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Reporting Allesandro

Post by adminless »

yes, don't worry that guy is totally mental. yes I'm aware you don't like each other and you pretty much have a personal war going that's why I never really step in though by the past year or so it got so absurd the amount of garbage he was throwing up at the chat that he, in fact, got actually chat banned. some months forward his chat ban expired and it looks like he's back with his usual tons of bullshit so don't worry this time I'll actually ban him too in addition to just chat ban him for a couple of weeks and then chat ban him for a couple of years at least. thanks for report and sorry for the inconvenience.

as for PRISM he has also been reported recently for which he already got a couple of days ban then we'll still have to see if after this he continues on that behavior. and I'm glad to hear you're also enjoying the new spacius server, yes, it definitely seems a major improvement over glacius.
orgi69

Post by orgi69 »

wow, you are really fast.

I am a bit shocked You are actually reading this shit?? So in this case I have to admit I participated in keeping writing that garbage and you could think the same about me.

- Once again I have to tell you, it is so crazy what you are doing keeping this game alive running these servers and we all appreciate it so much... I was 20 years ago 'addicted' to this game and since I tried it maybe 2 years ago - with no hope there is any server alive - I am kind of addicted to it again. It's a nice "switch off" from daily business. Nevertheless we are wondering whats your motivation running these servers and investing your time and money even though you are not playing by yourself (not sure about it) ?

Moreover Dr.Greenthumb is once in a while reminding people to donate something and not taking it for granted. - Most people are not aware about this donation-option and kind of surprised. Although I am playing very often I'm forgetting about this fact as well - The reminder-message while entering the server I have perceived some weeks ago for the first time. Maybe you should place it more present?! Not sure if there are any "in-game-options" to do so, but at least it could help to label those servers with this kind of advise. As I think the average age of people playing there is 30 +, so it shouldn't be a big deal to donate a amount of 2-3 beers regulary for playing and having fun - And by increasing the awareness of keeping donating I am sure many will do so.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, it's not like I read every single server every single day as that's not even possible/there's more important/productive stuff to do here but make sure that I read them "regularly". I know, you both insulted/hated each other and at some point I was close to just chat ban you both as it was getting really annoying, but for the most part it was like you insulted him 5 or 6 times/minutes and then he came back at you 50 or 60 times/minutes. it was mostly one sided and besides that you seem to be mostly on friendly terms with the majority of the rest while he is also know for picking fights with more guys than just you as your report shows. I mean, it just reached a point when people (not only you) just joined to troll/provoke him to set him off and literally laugh at him and that's where I resolved to chat ban him for some months.

yes the servers really seem to be doing great and it's amazing that despite the fact that is obviously not possible to meet everybody's expectations they really have gone a very long long way anyways and even so they still continue to grow month after month. then I'm glad to hear the servers are really doing it for you, that's cool. as for my motivations doing this, well, I don't know, I guess that when I started (back in 2008 btw this is not the first top level community I've ran), as most on the open source scene, I was unsatisfied with how the q3 scene was doing and decided that I could just do better as well as someone with technical and engineering background improve my own skills and learn something new meanwhile. fast forward some years, it has been years (probably a decade) already since I stopped really gaining any technical knowledge/experience doing this so I guess that I just keep doing it because at the end of the day I just think it's the right thing. I mean, we're mostly all the internet generation and I believe that we all have seen how the quality useful computers turned into crappy cheap attention grabbers (that's the only thing they are really "smart" at) phones, how the quality content/conversations and forums turned just into irrelevant whatsapp shit/spam as well as social media got took over by the political agenda and propaganda, how YouTube really ended up becoming the Tube of the large commercial tv corporations rather than really the Tube of its users (i.e. YouTube) once it killed good old fashioned quality tv, how the once top quality games just essentially became coin slot machines among several other things which I think that we all know are very wrong/toxic with the internet/technology now-a-days everyday. in that context, I think that it's just like as you said, it's very welcome to have some good old fashioned game/community and shred some positive life on the scene and I think that's mostly what this brought up.

on a personal note, no, I said other times and I repeat it now, for other than testing/control and so, I'm not even allowed to play at the servers at all, but despite that, in addition, I guess that one also get some sort of personal satisfaction after all from building, maintaining and grow up something and accomplish any form success/recognition from it. I mean, I guess that for me is like playing a strategy game but in real life and with real assets. to me it's easy to see why (besides the money) people actually enjoy ceo positions so it can be said that at the end of the day it's something I enjoy doing.

yes, I know, despite all that, I always say it for this to thrive on the long run (like this, at this quality) is critical that people actually give for the servers, other way things just doesn't work out. I mean, that's part of the plan/deal so I always look forward providing the best possible services and methods in a effort to accomplish the best user engagement and have them commit to fund thus I'm thankful for your suggestions and the positive feedback.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

With all his faults let's be fair

Orgi you constantly fuel the fire , if you stay quiet then all the evidence is against him , how come no mention of how you keep winding him up?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, he is definitively guilty of keeping the conflict alive as plenty of times after he had calmed down then he ignited the fight again by greeting him with a rocket to the face out of nowhere or stuff like that which once again set him off for hours with no end. just like I said, "it just reached a point when people (not only you) just joined to troll/provoke him to set him off and literally laugh at him and that's where I resolved to chat ban him for some months". the biggest problem with that is that it even did not only ended up being just a orgi issue.
fry the good guy
User lv1
User lv1

Post by fry the good guy »

adminless wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 17:17 yes, it's not like I read every single server every single day as that's not even possible/there's more important/productive stuff to do here but make sure that I read them "regularly". I know, you both insulted/hated each other and at some point I was close to just chat ban you both as it was getting really annoying, but for the most part it was like you insulted him 5 or 6 times/minutes and then he came back at you 50 or 60 times/minutes. it was mostly one sided and besides that you seem to be mostly on friendly terms with the majority of the rest while he is also know for picking fights with more guys than just you as your report shows. I mean, it just reached a point when people (not only you) just joined to troll/provoke him to set him off and literally laugh at him and that's where I resolved to chat ban him for some months.

yes the servers really seem to be doing great and it's amazing that despite the fact that is obviously not possible to meet everybody's expectations they really have gone a very long long way anyways and even so they still continue to grow month after month. then I'm glad to hear the servers are really doing it for you, that's cool. as for my motivations doing this, well, I don't know, I guess that when I started (back in 2008 btw this is not the first top level community I've ran), as most on the open source scene, I was unsatisfied with how the q3 scene was doing and decided that I could just do better as well as someone with technical and engineering background improve my own skills and learn something new meanwhile. fast forward some years, it has been years (probably a decade) already since I stopped really gaining any technical knowledge/experience doing this so I guess that I just keep doing it because at the end of the day I just think it's the right thing. I mean, we're mostly all the internet generation and I believe that we all have seen how the quality useful computers turned into crappy cheap attention grabbers (that's the only thing they are really "smart" at) phones, how the quality content/conversations and forums turned just into irrelevant whatsapp shit/spam as well as social media got took over by the political agenda and propaganda, how YouTube really ended up becoming the Tube of the large commercial tv corporations rather than really the Tube of its users (i.e. YouTube) once it killed good old fashioned quality tv, how the once top quality games just essentially became coin slot machines among several other things which I think that we all know are very wrong/toxic with the internet/technology now-a-days everyday. in that context, I think that it's just like as you said, it's very welcome to have some good old fashioned game/community and shred some positive life on the scene and I think that's mostly what this brought up.

on a personal note, no, I said other times and I repeat it now, for other than testing/control and so, I'm not even allowed to play at the servers at all, but despite that, in addition, I guess that one also get some sort of personal satisfaction after all from building, maintaining and grow up something and accomplish any form success/recognition from it. I mean, I guess that for me is like playing a strategy game but in real life and with real assets. to me it's easy to see why (besides the money) people actually enjoy ceo positions so it can be said that at the end of the day it's something I enjoy doing.

yes, I know, despite all that, I always say it for this to thrive on the long run (like this, at this quality) is critical that people actually give for the servers, other way things just doesn't work out. I mean, that's part of the plan/deal so I always look forward providing the best possible services and methods in a effort to accomplish the best user engagement and have them commit to fund thus I'm thankful for your suggestions and the positive feedback.
I was there with orgi and Dr green, I also think there should be another way to remind people to donate. Maybe somewhere discrete in the index page of unfreeze.fpsclasico.de? I believe it's mostly frequented by the players which are engaged the most in the game, and as orgi mentioned the average age is quite high and so they may be more capable/willing to donate.

Sorry if it's OT, but I really wanted to comment on this (I was not even registered yet, this is my first post here). Quake III really needs a server with this level of quality, I believe there are more players that would like to thank you for your work.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hello and welcome to the forum fry

don't worry, it's not a problem to talk about funding here if that's the case. yes, thankfully, there's still a significant group of mostly college students like on the old times but, of course, the vast majority of the people are guys well on their thirties and on-wards. so yes, I was reviewing the web sites today and in fact I was thinking about dropping some funding link at the master which is also one of the top sites but I still couldn't exactly decide. I find the in-game message appropriate, I don't think I'll show anything more in-game, so yes another possibility can be dropping some link at the rank sites too. like I said, I'll probably still have to think it a bit more before deciding as it's also important that it doesn't end up looking just like a money grabber and nothing else. I'll probably check that along these days if nothing else relevant happens. anyways, thanks for the suggestions and the positive feedback.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok done, added today a paypal tab to the servers info box at the master as well as a paypal profile field to the forum as you can see on the attached screens. overall I find them pretty appropriate, I think they fit just nicely (almost perfectly) with the original sites designs and they should definitively stand out without feeling forced and/or too intrusive at the same time. as for the rank/stat sites, I'll probably still have to analyze that further as at the time of writing I've been considering it but unfortunately I continue without finding clearly appropriate funding placement opportunities. anyways, I'll try my best and we'll see.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-10-21 22-08-42.png
Screenshot from 2020-10-21 21-38-50.png
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Pretty discreet still...not sure if anyone will notice that. Don't be shy adminless, I bet many here are grateful for your work :clap:

When I refer users I always direct them to the :arrow: "Links" section, I think that is the easiest way to find the donation links at the present time.
orgi69

Post by orgi69 »

adminless wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 17:17 yes, it's not like I read every single server every single day as that's not even possible/there's more important/productive stuff to do here but make sure that I read them "regularly". I know, you both insulted/hated each other and at some point I was close to just chat ban you both as it was getting really annoying, but for the most part it was like you insulted him 5 or 6 times/minutes and then he came back at you 50 or 60 times/minutes. it was mostly one sided and besides that you seem to be mostly on friendly terms with the majority of the rest while he is also know for picking fights with more guys than just you as your report shows. I mean, it just reached a point when people (not only you) just joined to troll/provoke him to set him off and literally laugh at him and that's where I resolved to chat ban him for some months.

Thanks for the explanation! And Dr.GreenThumb is right, its still very discret. I had to look for a longer moment on the screenshots to notice what it is about :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok following the discussion about the servers funding links placement finally I just added a standard paypal button to the header of the stats/rank sites now as can be seen on the attached screen that this time I guess that I don't need to highlight as it should definitively stand out by itself. after deep analysis of the stats/rank sites and think about it for some days I believe that that's probably about the best opportunity on those sites for it. so basically I just replaced a former stock image that was terrible even by 2000's standards already by a small standard paypal button that not only I think that it looks even some better that it's even lighter which should make the sites load even some faster now. as said, overall, I think it turned out pretty good and I think that, for the most part, it should stand out while respecting the original site appearance and not be too upsetting at the same time. in addition as a bonus I also added new sites favicons different for each server so as usual check it out and let me know how you see that on your devices and/or just anything else.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-11-03 14-46-12.png
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Yes!...that's perfect! :clap: