No rail or lg sounds

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

No rail or lg sounds

Post by Ca+hode »

I can't hear the rail and lg buzz, when you don't use the weapon, on the Unfreeze servers. I hear them on other servers but not on this one. :(
I tried to switch to old rail and back, reset quake, the whole shoobedoobe with no succes.
Any help would be appreciated as I will frag you fast and without pain, while the Gods of Ping, Lag and Jitter grant you 0 latency as you /rage quit. :angel:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: No rail or lg sounds

Post by adminless »

yes, the provided unfreeze client (that I guess that you're using) comes with those sounds disabled by default as they pretty much make the game absolutely unplayable 99% of the time at the expense of only giving out a tiny marginal amount of useful information the rest of the time. I very highly doubt enabling those sounds on a very fast paced 20+ public players team game is gonna result in any sort of measurable synthetic gaming stats performance gain if not quite probably the opposite. that being said, I'm not pretending to convince you of anything, you can just enable them on the provided files with "\cg_noWeaponSounds 0" followed by some sort of "restart" like "\snd_restart" for example.
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

Thanx 4 the explanation. If others don't have the sound, or most of them, then I'm contented.
It does come as an disadvantege to me as I don't like to play in a pack (e.g. I mostly don't attack or defend the red armor on Grim Dungeons, so it would help me but, heh).
Also, I noticed that there is a problem with fps and footsteps that the unfreeze pack fixez. Much appreciation for the pack. Rapha would have loved it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Ca+hode wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 Thanx 4 the explanation. If others don't have the sound, or most of them, then I'm contented.
It does come as an disadvantege to me as I don't like to play in a pack (e.g. I mostly don't attack or defend the red armor on Grim Dungeons, so it would help me but, heh).
Also, I noticed that there is a problem with fps and footsteps that the unfreeze pack fixez. Much appreciation for the pack. Rapha would have loved it.
I have sound , not sure y u don't, unless servers got different settings?
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

alyeti wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:51
Ca+hode wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 Thanx 4 the explanation. If others don't have the sound, or most of them, then I'm contented.
Do you use unfreeze pack?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Yes , purple headed green lunatics trying to kill me
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

It's possible I misunderstood you but I pretty sure I have sound , oddly I was fighting bots tho when I took notice of your comment , will check again
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Ca+hode wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 17:09
alyeti wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:51

Do you use unfreeze pack?
I have sound on both lg and rail
Ca+hode
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Ca+hode »

But do you hear the buzz when you don't use them?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Ca+hode wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 15:52 But do you hear the buzz when you don't use them?

What you mean when you don't use them? I hear the tail fire and LG burn opponent if that's what you mean

Ohhhhh I get you now just realised as I typing let me check