[video] fau

Express Yourself here.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

[video] fau

Post by fau »

Hi guys,
My name is fau, I'm another player from Poland and I've played on your server since the covid outbreak started.

I really enjoy playing on your server, it has good vibe and I'm sure it's in large part thanks to players and the administration taking place. Anyone can (and does) just host a server but to take care of it, moderate gives it a real value and deserves high praise!

I haven't played freeze tag before so it takes me some time to adjust but I see myself incorporating new skills into my overall arena-fps play style already. RIP to all players whom I forgot to unfreeze in the midst of battle :-)

I've recorded few videos for myself - it's a real joy to watch your old gameplay few years down the line, highly recommend doing it yourselves.
Here they are, enjoy!

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: [video] fau

Post by adminless »

quality games there, good post. please be welcome to the forum and, once again, thanks for the possitive feedback too.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Can you kill me less please haha
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Welcome fau!
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Fau, you are a very good player and your arrival delighted us :) , welcome to you :wave:

you should have warned us that we were filmed, I would have re-styled my hair :ugeek: , and I would have applied myself to hurt you much more than I did in the second video Q3A freezetag on tourney4

See you soon in game for fierce battles :twisted:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Few more games, I want to upload each map at least once. I think only dm11 is missing but it's going to be really hard to find an interesting game there...

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hot stuff mate :thumbup: btw following your report about the frozen bodies knockback issue the past month I applied a bunch of related extra code checks and safeguards on the server just in case. since, as I said, I haven't even encountered that bug myself once and I can't even reproduce it at least until a hundred years running 24/7 with no issues we'll can never tell. but from what I saw on your games if they are recent the frozen body knockbacks seemed fine and I haven't really heard of any other complains so wondering if you experienced any more problems with that during these last weeks?
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I wrote a reply in the original thread.

Here is one more I found going through stats site. Score 70, plenty of action for dm7 I think. I noticed how I'm trying to stay alive, search for frozen teammates, items etc in this game - this allowed for such high score. Usually I'm going straight for a fight - depends on a mood :-)
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I've recorded my mouse just for myself, to see if there aren't any problems there. I thought it looks pretty cool, so put it in the video.
Setup is thick qck + wmo, ~40cm/360 no accel
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Lol atleast I realise your much the same as me with moving mouse

Only your more accurate shooting lol
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

Nice vid and nice aim ;)
Your moves aren't very large so, just as a curiosity, what is your mouse DPI and in-game sens?
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

400 dpi, sens 4 - it's about 40cm/360, no accel. I've played with various sensitivity settings over the years, with accel and without. These are kinda random, definitely not fine-tuned. When I started playing unfreeze I kept lowering sens until I was happy with my lg tracking. Didn't add any accel this time because I don't play too often and I believe that accel requires more practice to maintain muscle memory.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Sounds good , I been using the lg allot more but tracking is an issue with it will try that
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Imo not worth it on this mod, lg is nerfed, better focus on rockets/rg :D I just like lg so I use it anyway, but I'd be better off using other weapons in these situations really.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Also I may add that it depends on your mouse grip hand size and personal preference. I aim with my wrist mostly and have rather long hand. Someone tracking with fingers would need higher sens, and a player tracking with whole arm - lower.