UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

bad latency issue

Post by adminless »

hi

just reporting that a bad latency issue external to the server has been identified. the problem seems to arise at a intermediate node external to the server's company network. already escalated to the company though being a issue of this magnitude it should already being taken good care of. attached trace for reference.

sorry for the inconvenience
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-31-43.png
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: bad latency issue

Post by adminless »

btw just reporting that a couple of minutes later everything seems back to normal and the issue is gone though it was still escalated anyways for further investigation. thanks for your patience.

PS: btw when some event of this magnitude takes place is exactly why the alternative, nbg2 (a.k.a. .eu), route is there for.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, 24 hours after this issue and it looks like the problem is gone. it was essentially finally understood that it was just a temporal "internet" (external to both the server itself as well as the hosting company I'm a direct customer of) issue. I think that the most fair is to tick this as solved by now and to conclude my initial oversee of the migration with this. as far as I oversee the servers these days I think that everything seem to be going good so far so now I'm just looking forward still complete a few minor things and finally proceed with that announcement/news thread about the new servers migration so people can know what has been done and how things finally turn out.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Adminless good evening

sorry but it's still lagging on unfreeze from 8:30 p.m. to 8:40 p.m. the interruptions followed, I disconnected to let you know because it's almost unplayable

good luck to solve this problem that bothers us all ...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmm unfortunately I wasn't online so I don't know exactly what could happen this time. well initially on logs I don't see any obvious error but I'll investigate further and I'll try to figure out what happened this time. as of now, everything seems fine, all I found was apparently a route change so it may have been related to a external route load balancing operation. anyways whatever the case is, just as I said, it seems to be a issue internet issue external to both me as well as the server company. nevertheless make sure that both me as well as the server company are working hard to always provide the highest quality of service possible. initially I wouldn't expect this to persists beyond the short term (may be a couple of days), "holidays" (the summer) are also a typical time for it maintenance, so we'll ind out as the season sets in. nevertheless thanks for report and huge apologize for the inconvenience and I'm making the contacts now.

btw by what I read on logs not everybody was affected, so what ip were you using? I assume the main, nbg1 one, 85.10.197.106. by chance did you tried the alternative one (37.120.182.194) when the issue was taking place?
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Thank you very much adminless for the maintenance of the servers I'm sure you are doing your best to satisfy us

when it happened I was using unfreeze.fpsclasico.eu:27960 and I point out that I was not the only one affected by these repetitive interruptions and despite everything momentary
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmmm that's a very important fact, then it's gotta be a different issue from the initial one I started here. well it's not explicitly reported but it's implied that obviously the .eu route is of lesser quality compared to the main one. yes that route is know to saturate from time to time, not very often of course and probably not as bad either, but unfortunately sometimes it does happen for a couple of minutes as you reported. this is even more notorious in recent times when you compare it against the current state of the art level of quality of the main route. so yeah to some extend that's somehow (rarely but still) "expected" and in tune with what I just wrote, it's more or less a internet issue and I wouldn't expected it to last longer.

and I know, I didn't mean that you were the only one suffering the issue (nbg2 typically handles between 35/45% of the traffic so it was definitively affecting more people), I just meant that not everybody was affected by what I could read (which is important because that rules out a internal server issue). as, suggested next time that happens to either of the routes give a try at the other one you were using at that moment and see if that makes a difference, that's exactly the reason why both routes are available.

thanks for report
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw I've been monitoring this for the last couple of days and I haven't really found any other connectiivty issue beyond what's normal/expected, I don't know if you guys can confirm that too?
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless :wave:

I confirm that there has not been any interruption in connection since my last report for the time I was connected to unfreeze (I have played several hours since my last report)
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

I'll let you know again about some connection interruptions at around 2:10 and 2:42 am. This lag lasted less time than the last time, about 2 to 3 minutes this time ...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thanks for report, I was sleeping at those times so I can't tell first hand what happened but as far as i could dig today, once again, I haven't found any issue involving the servers so given those times and the circumstances surrounding the incident, I think the most likely has been just some temporal route change due some maintenance task somewhere else on the internet. anyways, I wouldn't expect this to persist much longer as I explained though I'll keep investagiting further nevertheless.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

ok thank you very much Adminless
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Personally I think it's a general internet problem, ever since more people using it they can cope and networks playing up
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, this week I've been mostly busy/afk/chilling but from what I could follow this up all I could find was just what was initially reported. that's it, a external internet issue beside the lesser quality (i.e. cost) of the alternative .eu/nbg2 route, all normal (realistitc) stuff. so, yes I think that everything should be just fine with the new upgraded servers. all that is probably left is just make that news post about it as it was meant. let's see if I finally focus on that on the next days.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Adminless, I inform you that right now we have a lot of lag on unfreeze.fpsclasico.de