new glacius custom maps server

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: new glacius custom maps server

Post by adminless »

Dr.GreenThumb wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 22:49 I was thinking - the answer is probably no but I'll ask. I keep seeing players trying to join Glacius, then immediately disconnect - I suspect they don't have the maps. Is there any way for the server to detect the joiner doesn't have the map and to put something like a MOTD that says "download the maps from ftp:..." ...or is there no way to do that cause they just get kicked if there is no matching map?
ok, done now, see attached screen. by now I think I'll link the forum rather than the package itself since as long as the forum banner stays I believe that it's easier than pointing the full complete package name that I bet that 99% of the people would mistype/miss it later or simply wouldn't even understand what that meant. anyways, it may be possible that I change it on the future, so as usual give it a try and let me know how you see that or if it's just too annoying and unacceptable to your standards. so far, I believe that that's as clear and direct as it can get, bear in mind that a complete in-depth manual doesn't fit there.
Attachments
shot0000.jpg
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hi adminless

bravo :clap: it is really good to have put in banner the link of the forum and the name of the map, so the players wanting to join Glacius will know what to do, it's perfect :thumbup: still good work on your part, thank you for that

greetings
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Wow that is super cool! :clap:

Thanks!! :thumbup:
adminless wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 15:52
Dr.GreenThumb wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 22:49 I was thinking - the answer is probably no but I'll ask. I keep seeing players trying to join Glacius, then immediately disconnect - I suspect they don't have the maps. Is there any way for the server to detect the joiner doesn't have the map and to put something like a MOTD that says "download the maps from ftp:..." ...or is there no way to do that cause they just get kicked if there is no matching map?
ok, done now, see attached screen. by now I think I'll link the forum rather than the package itself since as long as the forum banner stays I believe that it's easier than pointing the full complete package name that I bet that 99% of the people would mistype/miss it later or simply wouldn't even understand what that meant. anyways, it may be possible that I change it on the future, so as usual give it a try and let me know how you see that or if it's just too annoying and unacceptable to your standards. so far, I believe that that's as clear and direct as it can get, bear in mind that a complete in-depth manual doesn't fit there.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

A good idea. I played on the "Masters" server and some guy didn't even know about unfreeze / freefun / glacius servers. Maybe there should also display IP to the main server. I wanted to give him but he was out of the game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I know the masters server actually has a population (of around 50 players) of its own. it's interesting that adding support for it on 20.4 here crossed these populations. however, that being said, they are probably a very different kind of player from what you're used to at UnFreeZe line-up. I wouldn't expect most of them to be interested (which is reciprocal btw hehe) but, anyways, as for "advertisement" well, one address is unfreeze.fpsclasico.de (freefun, glacius etc) while the other is masters.fpsclasico.de. I believe that should make it clear enough already.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Fine. I understand.

I'm just saying they didn't know about other servers.
Maybe if they saw the address of the main servers they would join.
This is just my personal suggestion.

Generally. It's nice though that other players are joining :)