problem with the size of the console

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
imprecise

Re: problem with the size of the console

Post by imprecise »

It was my pleasure to be of service by testing the display of the size of the corrected fonts, following my request.

I deleted zzz-mpskins.pk3 and zzz-grenade.pk3 in baseq3, it's ok zzz-mpskins and zzz-grenade are still visible in the game.

for the rocketjump it is correctly written at my place, the spaces were interspersed when I made a copy / paste from google translation to the forum, sorry I should have also checked

it is saved in the ufconfig-2004.cfg file like this:

seta rocketjump "centerview; cl_pitchspeed 9999000; +lookdown; +attack; +moveup; wait 2; -lookdown; -attack; -moveup; wait 2; centerview; cl_pitchspeed 140"

I don't know how to use it, I tried to do bind SPACE "rocketjump" but it doesn't work ...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

Code: Select all

\bind SPACE "vstr rocketjump"
that's what you need if I'm not wrong.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Oh wow thanks so much for the console enlargement...I'm blind as a bat, and playing on 4K has been a struggle with console text. I'm happy with the giant font now!! :clap: :thumbup:
imprecise

Post by imprecise »

I modified bind SPACE as you advised me and it works seta rocketjump is always saved in the config after disconnection and vstr rocketjump makes me jump

thank you very much for your help Adminless
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Holaho, tried new client (I was just curious) and look pretty good. One problem I have is with LG - graphics effect looks like black line with white borders and it is not transparent. When anybody shoot me with LG, I see nothing from the front of me - it covering my view. Trieg r_picmip more than 4 (my std. value from classic Q3), no effect. It is there any command for old LG effect or any other adjustment? Thanks a lot.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hi

with that info I don't really know, but the lightning is pretty much stock. there's actually two lightning effects, cg_lgrcore 0 and cg_lgrcore 1 (which require vid_restart to take effect), and they look like on the attached screens. if yours doesn't look like that then it means that something went wrong. overall, by what you write it seems to me like probably a conflict with another custom pak. to be safe I'd suggest to download again the whole ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.4.zip thing and follow the instructions on the readme as-is (i.e. basically just put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder and run the game from there, nothing more).
Attachments
cg_lgrcore_1.jpg
cg_lgrcore_0.jpg
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

I downloaded your package and just add pak0 and maps. LG looks like this:
Attachments
shot0003.jpg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's really rare, I dug it now and I can reproduce it (see screen) by removing the pak6.pk3 file from the installation. however I understand that you haven't removed such file from the installation or that you haven't replaced it by another one. just to make sure please manually drop that file (pak6.pk3) inside your baseq3 folder. if that doesn't work then you have something else interfering with the game may be on the maps you dropped because I understand that you're running the game from some of the provided ioq3v6 binaries?
Attachments
broken.jpg
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Tried, but it is the same. Maps I added are just maps I have in standard Q3 folder. I moved them out and still the same. I tried this on Glacius and Master server, so these extra maps should not affect whole game. But nevermind, it could be caused by my obsolete graphics card or smting else. I will continue playing with standard Q3. Thanks anyway.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok I understand. just as last resort could try putting this zzz-lightningfix.pk3 file inside your unfreeze folder and see if that works?
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Tried - it works! So I give a chance to this client, I will test it at least for couple of days. Thanks a lot.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it makes no sense at all, on your unfreeze folder you only had four.pk3, unfreeze-2004.pk3, zzz-models.pk3 and zzz-singleplayer2.pk3, you didn't have/put any of the other old unfreeze pk3's? anyways, at least it did work which is probably what matters. ok, good then let me know if you got any other issues.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just to be safe and to (hopefully) make it completely clear for everybody a typical installation should look like on the attached screens from a windows desktop or a linux terminal after cleaning it up of the readme/license/unnecessary files. as can be seen I just unzipped the ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.4.zip package right on my desktop and after put my pak0.pk3 file under the baseq3 folder I simply run the game by double clicking any of the ioq3v6 binaries that appear on the screenshot.
Attachments
windows.png
linux.png