Question to admin

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Question to admin

Post by WhoAmI »

Yes. I use 125 fps. I didn't know that the more fps the more consumption: P But it makes sense. Finally, more packets per second. I use 125 because I have a regular IPS Full HD 60Hz monitor from Samsung. If I have 144 Hz or 240 Hz I will probably set it to 144 or 240.

I have heard from one person that I am lagging. Only problem is that I can't see it. This person followed me on spect. I don't see any vibrations on the lagometer. 50 - 65 permanent pings. No ping jumps. I think it's not a bad ping.
Some say it's too high for rail use. Honestly? I don't feel the difference between 25 (WiMAX) or 60 (LTE). I feel the difference but in that I don't have any mini lags. I don't warp. Everything is so smooth. I am happy to. Even on 70 - 80 ping I didn't feel much difference, although I had the impression of delay. It wasn't until 90-120 that I felt clearly a delay.
I think you can play on your server even with ping 70 and 80. Of course, I'm not saying that it will be as good as 15-30. However, I prefer ping 50-65 without mini lags, warps etc than 25 with lags.

I'm also curious how much package I would use in Quake Champions.
Do you think that much more?
In Quake Live it is similar to Quake 3.

After 30 days I will tell you how much package I used.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

of course pings lower than 30 are "perfect" but pings between 30 and 60 are nearly as good. yes, agree, in my opinion things start to get ugly beyond 70-80 and sure it's always much better a constant 50 ping than a choppy 30 ping, no doubt about it.

about Quake Champions I don't really know but I would expect it probably to be some higher than that and yes quake live is essentially a Quake III Arena re-pack mod so for other than the downloads/add-ons and stuff like that it should not differ that much.

btw one thing I didn't mention yet but that it's important is how you're measuring your bandwidth usage. I believe that probably your taking those values from your phone info, I'd suggest you to look preferably at your company customer panel for bandwidth usage as both values can end up differing somewhat significantly.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

So great. I have ping 50 - 65. I don't mind at all. I think I will even get better statistics.
K. D. 3.0. Maybe with the new PC and monitor it will reach 3.5 :P I'll try :D
One day I will check it for QC and give the results.

I am also interested in other games. What would it look like in Apex or Fortnite. These new games. I wonder if 10 GB would be enough.

I absolutely don't know how to check the bandwidth.
Is that somewhere on your smartphone?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

by bandwidth, I really meant "data usage" and yes pretty much almost any smartphone under the network tab of its setting have a "data usage" section to control your data consumption (not just simply monitor it). that setting was really huge in the past (2010's) when data plans were slim and specially because if you exceeded them you generally got billed big time. now it's usually not the case, thanks to users complains/regulations it moved more into the if you exceed the plan usage they cut it policy instead however that option still remains on virtually any smartphone.

anyways, the thing I was talking about is that while sure that's a convenient way to check your data usage regularly, it may not always end up matching 100% that of your carrier for a large number of technical reasons I'm not gonna discuss (examples: blocks measurements, encapsulations, re-transmissions, link frames, broadcast/multicast messages etc etc). obviously at the end of the month you're gonna get billed by the later measurement so to get a precise reading is always better to get it directly from your carrier control panel (here for you I guess).

for the other games, like I said, I don't really know but likely they may end up varying significantly. probably if you're on a budget and wanna experiment your best bet can probably be the Call of Duty series as they are somehow based on Quake engines so I would expect them to be "similar". though they were another different engine, they were "contemporaneous rivals" and essentially "similar" probably the same could be said about the Counter Strike series/mods. something I would expect to kill a data plan would be a ps4 for example though I can be wrong.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I will try to check at the end of the package and sum up everything :) I will also check the package usage on the lajtmobile website.

In the future I will also check on other games.
In Quake Live it is similar but unfortunately in lajtmobile I have a big ping in Quake Live.
80-120 ms.

In T-mobile I have better ping on Quake Live servers. So if I want to play Quke Live I have to use T-mobile and if in Q3 it's Lajtmobile.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes the best metric and the one that probably interests me the most is the one from the customer panel at last day of your billing cycle (which doesn't necessarily has to be the 31 of each month) or eventually just from your actual bill (most comfortable solution).

mmmm that's rare, btw I run one quake live server here at fpsclasico.de it would be cool if you test it out and see if you experience any issues/major differences from the UnFreeZe one (in terms of connectivity, as well as voice your opinion about it if you want). the ip is 85.10.197.105:27968 (the dns is quakelive.fpsclasico.de:27968).
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Hah, had no idea you also run a QL server. I just went a round with the bots, was fun :-)

.WTF!Wrong! if you want to test it let me know :-)
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I will have a moment and then I will enter the client panel and look for this packet data and share the information.

Perhaps because the servers are from the UK and in lajtmobile I have ping 80-100 and in T-mobile 60. In total on German I had 60-70 in lajtmobile, also in T-mobile.

Well. I will check your server in Quake Live.
Ok Dr.GreenThumb we can check together.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I only found it.
I have 2 cards. On this I used LTE to play.
In Quake Live I have a bad ping from the lajt mobile network.
But better on your server.

link: https://files.fm/u/du8z8wnz
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

thanks for the great data mate. I dig it now and I found you consumed 5.65 GB on the download direction and 2.39 GB in the upload direction for a total combined of 8.04 GB this last month and you seem to be billed at day 20 I guess. game server traffic is close to symmetric so I understand that you ended up having a exceed of 3 GB downloads which has been also around my estimations for regular/normal use (whatsapp, facebook, instagram, mail, internet etc etc).

then this essentially confirms for real almost exactly in whole numbers the 5 GB worth 80 hours of in-game time jutuli measurement and, as expected, it goes slightly above from your previous phone measurement of 4GB per 80 hours. ok, then this now settles it for real, I believe then the most fair final advise would probably go for the average between my initial theorical fair maximum estimation of 5GB per 60 hours and the real measurement of 5 GB per 80 hours, leaving it at 5GB per 70 hours approximately while noting both measurements. anyways whatever the case being one thing was proven right for sure, with a entry 10 GB plan you've got enough to consistently play here without issues and enough to keep using your phone data as usual, which at the end of the day it's all that really mattered.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I called more from the other card, but also used the internet. But not to play. Service fees do not come to me after a while, I pay right away. I have a prepaid service Hmm. I enter the code for "xx" amount and use it for 30 days.

I also played Quake Live a bit. I don't know if these are perfect results. Of course I also used FB and other applications.
So I think I used a little less to play.

I will check other games in the future.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes true you were on pre paid plans. the upside of that is that you have no obligations whatsoever (i.e. can quit any time) and there's absolutely no way to mess it up at the end of the month bill. on the downside is that you don't get to obtain very competitive prices and that you may inadvertently get out of service (i.e. you may end up forgetting when to renew it for example).

I know I already accounted for all that stuff. if I would have to break your usage more accurately I'd say probably around 3.35 GB/400 MB (3.74 GB combined) for other uses and around 2.3 GB/2 GB (4.3 GB combined) for 70+ hours of in-game time or in whole rounded numbers almost the same exact 5 GB per 80 hours jutuli measurement.

anyways by the volume of the data (a full month), the source of the data (your actual bill) and the kind of usage (complete real actual usage) this is a very good and significative measurement (i.e. yes this is exactly what I was looking for) specially to prove the initial point that a 10 GB data plan should generally be enough for regular phone use and a month consistently gaming here which at the end of the day is what really matters to the end user. so thanks for share this information.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

.WTF!Wrong

How do we pm members? Your team been looking for you
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Are you getting spammed by "Where Ami" and "Ami is champion" messages? :lol:

Been there... I believe he is immersed into other games these days, plays less. Maybe needs new challenges ;) I'd guess it's the path of any really good player, eventually they look for new ways to keep it interesting, there is only so much challenge we can give.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@alyeti you can't. in order to prevent you from getting spammed by random bots sending PM's is disabled for users bellow level four (level four equals to 64 posts). anyways if it's nothing private (i.e. you just want to know what he's been up to) you can probably just post it here as he still visits this regularly. as dr. is saying, very likely he is rampaging on quake champions or something else but also keep in mind that the current situation with the quarantine may get quite complicated. it might even be possible that he got out of the pre paid plans he used to play or anything else. better just don't assume anything.