Question to admin

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Question to admin

Post by WhoAmI »

I understand. So the fault is on their side.

I have to admit that I play better through tethering.

I checked 2 networks.

T-MOBILE.PL - ping 55-75. A bit big ping.

PLUS.PL - ping 40 - 55. Better ping.

Both LTE networks do not have any mini lags. I play better at PLUS.PL. Smaller Ping. T-MOBILE.PL I feel this ping a bit, but it's not bad.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

I have lags from Monday this week, because my ISP is also lame... Yesterday I did complaint and they re-tune frequency band a little, an hour after that everything was OK, then lags started again. Today not playable for me, I sent another complaint and I will see what next. Anyway I have ordered another kind of connection from other local provider, they have connection in 3,7 GHz band, where are not so big interference as in 5GHz WiFi. On Tuesday next week it will be tested and if everything will be OK, WiFi will go to garbage.
Also I have tested connection over my phone (LTE) Vodafone CZ, stabile connection and ping around 55 ms. Little bit more than I had with WiFi, but very stabile, which is much important to me. So it seems this weekend my phone will be my best friend...
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I haven't enjoyed myself for a long time! The package has died. I also keep playing WiMAX. When the packet died the ping jumped to 600-700. PLUS.PL. I am recharging the package. I think then PLUS.PL is a better choice. Lower Ping. I can't play without the package :D

After the package is die, the transfer reaches max 32 kbit/s
In 10 minutes I lost 500 mb :D

I'm still interested in Lycamobile
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

10 mins in Q3 and u lost 500MB? That is really strange, I am tried to play about 5 minutes today, thru LTE, and it was take about just few MB. I am using classic Q3 client and it is very modest in data connection usage..
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yeah was about to write the same thing, my 10 minutes estimation is that, "few megabytes". let's say 15 or even if you want at peak times, peak custom settings, nasty provider measurements and all that stuff, let's say 20 or even 25 but that 500 mb 10 minutes is clearly way off, hell no. my best guess is that probably that package was near death already or you had something downloading like crazy in the background as I advised you to look for before plugging the phone.

and yes seems like plus did good for you then, that 40/50 ping for your region seems like a fair value. btw checked Lycamobile and guess what? it's another plus.pl re-seller so it should work exactly the same as your lajtmobile connection. bottom line go for the one that you can get a better commercial deal from.

and yeah jutuli that's what I had expected (and therefore why I wasn't suggesting it), blindly changing the link channel without a serious medium study/arrangement didn't really make any difference. yes also like I noted before probably you'll have lower speed but a much better experience at lower frequencies that at fancy top frequencies and yes that 55 ping is a bit high for you but well giving the circumstances seems acceptable and Vodafone is always a solid option wherever it's available I can tell.

for the rest as I see it WiMAX connections are pretty much over. I mean, as far as I know it's a infrastructure from the late 2000's that competed at its time against 2.5g and early 3g, it just can't keep up 10 years later with the modern internet demands. although the standard has been reviewed is obvious the industry focus (money/investment) moved towards gsm networks rather than this specific standard so at the end of the day you're probably going to end up getting at better service (infrastructure/support) trough a LTE connection nowadays (for this very specific use of course, to watch netflix/4k video on a regular basis a gsm antenna has no chance for example obviously).

so my best bet is that you're probably not going to get much more out of this, if you keep pressing your companies, as much probably they may end up making a 10% discount on your bill (that you can then spend on a LTE plan) or directly gifting you/discount you a LTE data plan if you also happens to have phone with them (not your case I guess).
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Yes I know. I definitely forgot to turn something off. Even if the browser was running in the background, YT. I will clean the phone from the application. I will turn off all programs on my computer. Discord will be on. Only. Then I will check exactly how much time I will lose the package.
Lycamobile is PLUS.PL? Excellently, because I have a 50 PLN telocode which I haven't used for several months. I will use it for LTE internet :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well, 500 MB is probably the fair estimation of the typical (10 minutes) FullHD YouTube video that may inadvertently autoload in the background. I mean, clearly not your case as you would have noticed it for sure (i.e. sound) but just dropping some data for reference (ex. YouTube would kill a entry 10 gb data plan in merely a couple of hours of typical FullHD footage). ok, cool great then go for it and let us know what your actual data usage ended up being in reality and if it diverge too much from my estimations but don't forget to turn off/cap my number one background data killer guess, windows (or some other software) update. and yes to my knowledge lycamobile is also a re-seller of plus.pl so I would expect it to do the same as lajtmobile did the other day for you.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I bought 30 GB of LTE internet from Lycamobile. Ping 90-100. I can't play such a high ping.
After all, Lycamobile.pl uses the PLUS.PL network and ping is very different
I need to buy internet at PLUS.PL. Best ping.

T-MOBILE.PL - ping 55-75.

LAJTMOBILE.PL - ping 40 - 55.

LYCAMOBILE.PL - ping 90-100
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

:/ unlucky yeah unfortunately that's typically the problem with those kind of cheap re-sellers of budget network sellers that don't even have presence on the region. though technically it should all be the same as if it were the first re-sold brand, in reality, plenty of time those networks end up getting crap priority or crazy absurd routes as I guess that's probably being your case now. it would be interesting to see how a route of yours looks now, I bet that probably you may even being routed from the United Kingdom instead of directly and hence the ping. yeah unfortunately there's no much to do about that either (which is why it's so important to look for no contract periods for this short of products, there are really no guarantees of pretty much anything at any given time with them).
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

But theoretically LAJTMOBILE is a new network, it uses PLUS.PL antennas just like Lycamobile so they should have worse routes. Lycamobile is all over Europe so they should have better ones. But you say well, it's possible from the UK because there is a main base after all.

T-MOBILE also has high ping. 55-75. I can play it even today but I will stay with WiMAX. Maybe tomorrow I will buy an internet package at LAJTMOBILE (40-55)
Has the lowest latency.
Last edited by WhoAmI on Wed Dec 18, 2019 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

lajtmobile operated under the same address space as plus.pl, at least as I saw it for you, but this lycamobile operates under a total different address space that I don't know as it's not inversely traceable from my side, but it's very likely that it's leading you to the uk to reach a server that is just next to you. I just don't know, probably the best way to rule out that it would be to try a trace (open a shell, win+r, cmd, and enter tracert unfreeze.fpsclasico.de) and see what comes out, it could eventually also just be crap priority at first hop. anyways, it wouldn't surprise me that to cut costs they deployed a private network across the world and their only public exchanges are at the United Kingdom, that's probably my best bet.

anyways btw while we are this, I don't know what's the law there but here and likely across Europe is usual that customers have the right to return a purchase at no cost within the "first days" of it (typically somewhere between 1 or 2 weeks the so called "right of withdrawal") at pretty much any given reason not for every single product but probably for the majority. so check your actual "contract" (or just the terms and conditions of the service, i.e. give them a call) because may be you could eventually return it and get a refund because it didn't meet your needs. if you just got a plan extension of a current contract is very unlikely that you have such right but if you got the full sim thing (a new service) it may be possible so it's worth checking. unfortunately that's all the options I see about this.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

.WTF!Wrong! wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 21:27 After the package is die, the transfer reaches max 32 kbit/s
In 10 minutes I lost 500 mb :D
Hi, just for an info, yesterday I played thru LTE, because WiFi was unstable as hell, and Q3 consumed 124 MB for about 2 hours of playing.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, awesome then that probably confirms my fair estimation of 5 GB worth around 60 hours of game play as general advice. your numbers actually exceed my recomendation (your numbers are more in the 80 hours range instead of 60) but obviously my estimations were in the conservative side and I would also expect some final (small) end of the month cummulative variance from that particular interval meassurement. fair enough anyways, thanks for info mate.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Recently, I tested many LTE networks.

Lycamobile - I can't play it. Ping 100 - 120.
T-mobile - ping 55 - 80 (mainly 70-80) Sometimes it jumps to 120 for unknown reasons and it can stay like that for a few minutes. But this is very rare. Once a day.
Plus (lajtmobile) - ping 45 - 60 - I have been playing for 2-3 days on this network. Without any problems. It is very rare that something cuts slightly. Literally for 1-2 seconds. But this is once in 2/3 hours. Also 99% is great.
In my opinion, T-mobile was downloading more package because I was using a different phone, so maybe applications etc were downloading some files.

I played exactly 2 hours 20 minutes yesterday. I lost 114 mb.

The day before yesterday I played maybe 6-7 hours, in addition, Quake Live and I downloaded maps via steam. Somehow I lost 300 mb. But it doesn't matter. It wasn't a good test because I took breaks from time to time. The best test was in which for 2 hours 20 minutes I lost 114 mb. I played without a break. Today I will check it out.

After 30 days I will give the total consumption. I save hours and mb.
Overall, I am happy with LTE Plus(lajtmobile). Low ping, virtually no lag. It is great! We'll see next.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

excellent, awesome man :thumbsup:

glad to hear you finally short it out and can experience the server without significant lag/issues. yes, your numbers are now in tune with those of jutuli/mine, i.e. 5 GB worth 80+ hours or in your case I'll expect that your server consumption here would go around 4 GB a month with those numbers more or less. you also use a little less as I think that you're capping it at 125 fps and those values are lower than my estimation as like I said I gave my numbers accounting for the worst theoretical situation.

thank you for sharing your values.